Njoku or Trey Burton? (PPR)

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Burton to me without question 

This.  With Shaheen injured there's no obstruction for targets for Burton in an offensive scheme that notorious features the move TE and he's been on the field for something like 90+ percent of the first-team snaps this preseason.  Also, follow the money - teams don't pay guys the kind of scratch they paid Burton (this isn't some one-year deal) if they don't plan to feature them.  Yes, Trubisky isn't blowing anyone's skirt up, but we've seen equivalent or worse QB's get athletic TE's to fantasy success.  Njoku, to me, is TD-dependent in a PPR league for consistent week-to-week contributions whereas I think Burton can still get you a serviceable scoreline even if he doesn't happen to snag a score in a given week.

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wait, Shaheen is injured? Well, that changes things lol

Low-ankle sprain, but they're still evaluating and it's the sort of thing that's going to make him questionable for Week 1, possibly a little longer and if Trubisky and Burton continue building on their chemistry, again the money is going to dictate Burton gets every opportunity to lose the touches/targets to Shaheen before he actually does.

Unless you believe that Mayfield will be starting sooner rather than later, it’s Burton. Tyrod can’t utilize a TE.  He’s to small to sit in the pocket and hit a crossing TE  so his play is limited to roll outs that basically eliminate half the field. 

Archived