Is Aaron Rodgers the most talented QB of all time?

mdonnelly21

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers the most talented QB of all time?

On 8/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

A lot of people think Tom Brady or Montana is the GOAT QB. 

But A-rod is more talented than both 

EDIT: When I say talent, I'm also including skill/ability and impact.

This includes everything that you want in a QB. 

IMO, you cannot separate GOAT QB from most talented QB. All the facets that go into calling someone the GOAT QB are the skills, abilities and impact that you're including in talent for the purpose of this thread. Any attempt to separate the two is just word play.

7 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

IMO, you cannot separate GOAT QB from most talented QB. All the facets that go into calling someone the GOAT QB are the skills, abilities and impact that you're including in talent for the purpose of this thread. Any attempt to separate the two is just word play.

They are separated because the media and most fans see team success as a QB stat and if you don’t have multiple SB wins, you can’t be the GOAT. 

12 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

You absolutely can. Impact =/= resume which is exactly how you are perceiving the word impact.

19 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

They are separated because the media and most fans see team success as a QB stat and if you don’t have multiple SB wins, you can’t be the GOAT. 

"The media and most fans see team success as a QB stat"

I agree, as it should be. The QB is the most important player on the field, and so team success should be a QB stat (one of many).

-

"if you don’t have multiple SB wins, you can’t be the GOAT"

I disagree. I think you can be the GOAT QB without winning multiple SBs, but it takes a lot more to get there because of the first part. Many have felt that Marino should be considered GOAT QB even though he didn't win any SBs. Ditto Manning before he won multiple SBs, and ditto Rodgers today. And in my opinion, decent cases could be made for all three.

That said, there is a reason why people don't put up much of a fight if you think Barry Sanders was the GOAT RB. RBs aren't as integral to team success as QBs are, so it's not as important to look at team success when judging the GOATness of RBs.

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You absolutely can. Impact =/= resume which is exactly how you are perceiving the word impact.

I never even used the words "impact" or "resume." So not only are you putting words in my mouth, you are also trying to read my mind about how I perceive those words I didn't use.

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

I never even used the words "impact" or "resume." So not only are you putting words in my mouth, you are also trying to read my mind about how I perceive those words I didn't use.

Then, please, by all means, explain what you meant.

Archived