Is Aaron Rodgers the most talented QB of all time?

mdonnelly21

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Rodgers the most talented QB of all time?

29 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I never even used the words "impact" or "resume." So not only are you putting words in my mouth, you are also trying to read my mind about how I perceive those words I didn't use

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

All the facets that go into calling someone the GOAT QB are the skills, abilities and impact

:S

7 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Got me, good point. However, I still didn't say anything about resume or if impact equals resume, or provide my specific perceptions of either word.

Which is what I asked you to do and you told me you already had...

I asked you to explain what you meant in regards to what I quoted. You didn't.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Which is what I asked you to do and you told me you already had...

I asked you to explain what you meant in regards to what I quoted. You didn't.

You jumped into the conversation by putting words in my mouth and then, when called out for doing so, said I needed to explain myself. I didnt really see the purpose of engaging after that.

My post was about most talented QB vs. GOAT QB, and I explained that position just fine. But if someone were to ask me if a QB's impact equals his resume, O would say no. Impact is just one important part of the resume.

9 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

You jumped into the conversation by putting words in my mouth and then, when called out for doing so, said I needed to explain myself

I didn't put any words in your mouth. I simply interpreted how you viewed impact based on the way you addressed it prior.

My post was about most talented QB vs. GOAT QB, and I explained that position just fine

I don't feel you did. You explained why Super Bowls and Team wins matter/don't matter. You didn't explain much in regards to why Most Talented and GOAT can't be separated.

But if someone were to ask me if a QB's impact equals his resume, O would say no. Impact is just one important part of the resume.

That's fine. But you still really haven't explained why you can't separate Most Talented and GOAT. Oh and I feel the only way you CAN'T separate it is if you feel impact = resume in terms of how it was described in the post you quoted.

Regardless, I'm not interested in another Rodgers vs Brady debate thread, which is exactly where this is leading.

I just recall what a former NFL coach said: 

If you took the best 50 throws of Rodgers career, Brady would only be able to make a handful of them. That's nothing against Brady, but if you think about it, that's probably true (Brady has said as much when asked about Rodgers). That type of hypothetical really puts things into perspective. 

THAT's what talent is.

IDGAF about some online argument of Brady vs. Rodgers. Don't want to get into it.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't put any words in your mouth. I simply interpreted how you viewed impact based on the way you addressed it prior.

I don't feel you did. You explained why Super Bowls and Team wins matter/don't matter. You didn't explain much in regards to why Most Talented and GOAT can't be separated.

That's fine. But you still really haven't explained why you can't separate Most Talented and GOAT. Oh and I feel the only way you CAN'T separate it is if you feel impact = resume in terms of how it was described in the post you quoted.

Regardless, I'm not interested in another Rodgers vs Brady debate thread, which is exactly where this is leading.

You presumed how I perceive impact, so yes, you did put words in my mouth.

In my first post, I indicated that everything that goes into the OP measuring talent is what I feel goes into measuring who is the GOAT QB. The OP also said he "includes everything that you want in a QB." To me, that is what the GOAT QB is - everything you want in a QB. No need to separate them.

11 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

You presumed how I perceive impact, so yes, you did put words in my mouth.

In my first post, I indicated that everything that goes into the OP measuring talent is what I feel goes into measuring who is the GOAT QB. The OP also said he "includes everything that you want in a QB." To me, that is what the GOAT QB is - everything you want in a QB. No need to separate them.

Well, then I guess he's the GOAT.

3 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

OK lol. I already said in an earlier post that a decent case could be made for Rodgers as GOAT QB. I disagree but can certainly understand why someone might choose him.

Forgot the wink emoji, my man. I'm just busting your balls. 

15 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

The best pro QB I ever saw was Roger Staubach, followed by Bart Starr and John Unitas. 

Starr could be in the conversation for the most decorated QB this side of Tom Brady but he admitted he didn't have the physical skills of Favre or Rodgers.  Johnny U revolutionized the position and Staubach found more innovative ways to win ball games.  I'm glad I got to see them all play even if it was only on TV.

I don't know if Rodgers is the most talented I've ever seen but he is right up there, that's for sure.

15 hours ago, Cadmus said:

I just recall what a former NFL coach said: 

If you took the best 50 throws of Rodgers career, Brady would only be able to make a handful of them. That's nothing against Brady, but if you think about it, that's probably true (Brady has said as much when asked about Rodgers). That type of hypothetical really puts things into perspective. 

THAT's what talent is.

IDGAF about some online argument of Brady vs. Rodgers. Don't want to get into it.

That's arm talent. There are more talents.

Archived