Carolina speedster DJ Moore cited after driving 113mph in a work zone

Dome

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yep, we should put him in solitary for speeding through a construction zone on a highway at 3am. 

Yep. When you selfishly and carelessly put other's lives in danger that seems like a good punishment to me.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, and? Like I said, lock him up. Throw away the key. Speeding through a construction zone on a highway is comparable to murder.

I agree that it isn't a huge deal. But I also think you're brushing it under the rug a little too much.

But when you just call this "speeding" it kinda feels like saying "poked" when you see someone get shanked about 13 times in a cafeteria brawl. lol. He was going almost 50mph over the speed limit. Also, we can't just assume there was nobody out and he wasn't putting anyone in danger besides himself. He passed a police car that was driving on the highway, he obviously wasn't slowing down when he saw other vehicles and was only gunning it when nobody was around.

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I agree that it isn't a huge deal. But I also think you're brushing it under the rug a little too much.

But when you just call this "speeding" it kinda feels like saying "poked" when you see someone get shanked about 13 times in a cafeteria brawl. lol. He was going almost 50mph over the speed limit. Also, we can't just assume there was nobody out and he wasn't putting anyone in danger besides himself. He passed a police car that was driving on the highway, he obviously wasn't slowing down when he saw other vehicles and was just gunning it when nobody was around.

I am absolutely brushing it under the rug a little bit, because in the grand scheme of things, people wanting this dude locked up for egregiously speeding are vastly overreacting. Literally the act of driving is putting other people's lives in danger. In the big picture of things, this isn't a big deal. Give him a fine or whatever, but jail time? lol 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I am absolutely brushing it under the rug a little bit, because in the grand scheme of things, people wanting this dude locked up for egregiously speeding are vastly overreacting. Literally the act of driving is putting other people's lives in danger. In the big picture of things, this isn't a big deal. Give him a fine or whatever, but jail time? lol 

Yeah I agree jail time is crazy. I think Carolina fining him would be appropriate, doubt it happens though. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

The state should suspend his license for 2 or 3 months and make him attend a ham program. The league shouldn't do squat especially if the ticket wasn't written up as a felony offense like a dui.

I'm pretty much in line with this. I think the license suspended for a year, but that's semantics. What he did was highly dangerous, but I agree that I don't believe it needs to be a significant punishment. Hefty fine, loss of license, classes is more than sufficient to me. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty much in line with this. I think the license suspended for a year, but that's semantics. What he did was highly dangerous, but I agree that I don't believe it needs to be a significant punishment. Hefty fine, loss of license, classes is more than sufficient to me. 

2 or 3 months assuming his driving record was clean.  If he had like 2 points on his record already, then a year suspension makes sense. What he did was no less dangerous than drunk driving. 

51 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

2 or 3 months assuming his driving record was clean.  If he had like 2 points on his record already, then a year suspension makes sense. What he did was no less dangerous than drunk driving. 

Thats why i suggest a minor jail sentence as drubk drivers (at least where im from) get a jail time for drunk driving

4 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Thats why i suggest a minor jail sentence as drubk drivers (at least where im from) get a jail time for drunk driving

Because drunk driving is a felony. Speeding isn't, depending how the citation was written up. It should have been wreckles driving,  but maybe the cop just gave him a standard speeding ticket that he can go to traffic school for. 

Archived