Carolina speedster DJ Moore cited after driving 113mph in a work zone

Dome

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers rookie wide receiver DJ Moore, the team's first-round draft pick, was charged earlier this month with driving 113 mph in a 65 mph work zone.

The incident occurred Aug. 10 on Interstate 77 at 2:52 a.m. after the Panthers returned home from a preseason win at Buffalo.

Trooper H.L. Bautista summed up in his report how fast Moore, 21, was going in his white Mercedes, which first approached Bautista's vehicle from behind.

"F--- that car is moving," wrote Bautista, who followed Moore and then cited him for reckless driving. Moore's court date is Oct. 2.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24437950/carolina-panthers-rookie-dj-moore-charged-reckless-driving-being-clocked-113-mph

Glad nobody got hurt. Not smart by any means. Not a way to start off a career. 

4 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Hopefully he sees jail time

I think we incarcerate enough people in this country as it is.  He didn’t hurt anyone and wasn’t impaired.  Give him a fine and maybe suspend his license and call it a day.  The team should suspend him for a half of a preseason game or make him play the whole thing like the Browns did with with Callaway.

29 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I think we incarcerate enough people in this country as it is.  He didn’t hurt anyone and wasn’t impaired.  Give him a fine and maybe suspend his license and call it a day.  The team should suspend him for a half of a preseason game or make him play the whole thing like the Browns did with with Callaway.

Genius. 

54 minutes ago, daineraider said:

40 mph in a work zone is extremely dangerous. Going 40 over in general should give you a month in jail. Doing it in a construction zone should give you a month and a loss of license for a minimum of a year. 

But to keep it to football he will most likely wont have any effect. A fine and the nfl will look the other way because there isnt a hashtag don’t endanger peoples lives because your a idiot. 

Not sure why this isn't seen as big of a deal as it should be. If you make contact with another vehicle going that speed your going to seriously injure if not end someone's life. Nevermind the fact he did it in a work zone. Extremely irresponsible, selfish and stupid of him. I agree with jail time and a suspended license.

Archived