Carolina speedster DJ Moore cited after driving 113mph in a work zone

Dome

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Because drunk driving is a felony. Speeding isn't, depending how the citation was written up. It should have been wreckles driving,  but maybe the cop just gave him a standard speeding ticket that he can go to traffic school for. 

So...semantics. What he did can result in 60 days in jail. It depends on the judge and cop. So the semantics of felony vs misdemeanor isnt a reason why he should go to jail or not. He put people in equal risk of danger if he was drunk driving. (Depending on level of drunk) going 40 over in a construction zone is wildly inappropriate and 30 days in jail with manadotory classes isnt insane for some who could easily of killed someone or multiple people. 

I m assuming the police officer wrote it up as a speeding ticket.  That far over the speed limit and in a construction zone is going to lead to suspension of license and a hefty fine.  I don't think the team or NFL needs to levy any additional punishment.  It was really stupid and dangerous what he did, but to add additional punishment on what could have happened I don't think is appropriate.

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

For the common man that sucks but it doesn't scratch the surface of his paycheck

The fine is probably going to be minimum compared to how much he gets paid but his insurance is going to cost him especially if he tries to get a sports car.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

throw him in jail and lose the key, IMHO. No place in society for people who <checks notes> drive over the speed limit?

Agreed. Like none of us have ever driven wayyyy over the speed limit. I see people hit 90 every single morning on my way to work. Hell, on one stretch from LA to Portland we maintained 120 for about a half an hour. Five other cars hopped in with us. So... <shrug>

It was dumb. But not exactly anything I am going to bug out about. Now if there were any actual workers on site and at risk, my opinion will change. I have yet to see anyone substantiate that the work zone was, indeed, occupied at the time. So I am going to assume it was an empty work area in the early AM with, likely, few other cars on the road. 

3 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Agreed. Like none of us have ever driven wayyyy over the speed limit. I see people hit 90 every single morning on my way to work. Hell, on one stretch from LA to Portland we maintained 120 for about a half an hour. Five other cars hopped in with us. So... <shrug>

It was dumb. But not exactly anything I am going to bug out about. Now if there were any actual workers on site and at risk, my opinion will change. I have yet to see anyone substantiate that the work zone was, indeed, occupied at the time. So I am going to assume it was an empty work area in the early AM with, likely, few other cars on the road. 

This is a disgusting mindset tbh. Cars are dangerous and people with your mindset, is what kills people.

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Because drunk driving is a felony. Speeding isn't, depending how the citation was written up. It should have been wreckles driving,  but maybe the cop just gave him a standard speeding ticket that he can go to traffic school for. 

Idk where you live, but in Illinois it’s a misdemeanor.  Assuming it’s your first offense and there’s no aggregating factors.  

if there were people doing road work he should get jail(not too long but the message is nice) I think road workers have a very high rate of on-the-job injury/fatality.

doing it at night seems crazy; not seeing hundreds of feet in advance of you at high speeds, just hitting debris could have you lose control depending on your vehicle and experience

it sounds different from the anecdotal stories where people shortened their trip by a few hours to Timbuktu by using the leadfoot.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You must hate the idea of the Autobahn.

The autobahn has an advanced system of signs that allow people to go extreme speeds and only has small areas where your allowed to go fast. For example you are not allowed to go 100+ where they are doing construction. 

But the mindset of i dont immediately see danger so there must not be danger was what i was talking about. The autobahn has clear open roads designed for fast driving. He didnt see the cop and the cop could hve easily been the first construction worker showing up or the last one leaving. Its also a freaking construction site so the is a high chance of debris being on the road. So going 100+ gives you less room for error, hes going on a road that has a high chance of giving you that error, in a place where there is a high chance of people a few feet from your car. 

3 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

if there were people doing road work he should get jail(not too long but the message is nice) I think road workers have a very high rate of on-the-job injury/fatality.

doing it at night seems crazy; not seeing hundreds of feet in advance of you at high speeds, just hitting debris could have you lose control depending on your vehicle and experience

it sounds different from the anecdotal stories where people shortened their trip by a few hours to Timbuktu by using the leadfoot.

People there or not is irrelevant because he would have no idea if people where there anyways. Its not like a sign goes up thats says no ones there. You go 100+ you miss things like a lone worker or say...a cop.

Archived