Iloka to the Vikes?

The Gnat

7 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I think it's interesting some people are framing this as a "depth" signing. This guy is only 28 years old, the prime of his career. He's started every game of his career......let me repeat that, he started as a rookie in a Mike Zimmer defense. No offense to Andrew Sendejo, but I'd be stunned if Iloka is only used as a backup depth piece.

right, i think we are going to see some super creative defensive sets. the first time?

Week 2, at Lambeau.

12 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I think it's interesting some people are framing this as a "depth" signing. This guy is only 28 years old, the prime of his career. He's started every game of his career......let me repeat that, he started as a rookie in a Mike Zimmer defense. No offense to Andrew Sendejo, but I'd be stunned if Iloka is only used as a backup depth piece.

Prepare to be stunned.

22 minutes ago, Klomp said:

He may be a starting caliber player, but so is Sendejo.  From what it sounds like in this thread, the talent level is pretty similar so I really don't know what the plan is.

6 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

He may be a starting caliber player, but so is Sendejo.  From what it sounds like in this thread, the talent level is pretty similar so I really don't know what the plan is.

Seems like they are identical players. Iloka has the size advantage but I'm not confident that he's a an upgrade from day one. 

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Now shock it's a one year deal. I like the move for the Vikings, and if they want to, they could sign him longer term.

Iloka is betting on himself. I wonder what the plans are, can't imagine Sendejo just lost his starting job.

Archived