Practice Squad Tracker & Bubble Targets Watch

Mind Character

My Updated Roster Bubble Target Wishlist:

1.) DT Hassan Ridgeway, Colts OR DT/DE Dominique Easley, Rams (Add Both if Possible) to Replace DT Caleb Brantley on the 53

2.) OG/OT Parker Ehinger, Chiefs to Replace OG Spencer Drango on the 53

3.) C Travis Swanson, Jets to Replace C Austin Reiter on the 53

4.) CB Cyrus Jones, Patriots OR Akeem King (Add Both if Possible), Seahawks to Replace CB Mike Jordan on the 53

5.) S Armani Watts, Chiefs to FS Allowing BBC to move to Full Time NCB

6.) Add OT Jordan Mailata, Eagles, Rick Leonard, Saints, OR Tyrell Crosby, Lions to Roster as 9th OL (Greg Robinson is Cut; Shon Coleman is Retained)

--------------------

An Around the League Look at Potential Good Players on the Roster Bubble (at our Pos. of Need):

These are players that I have scouted, are currently on the roster bubble, and I believe have the ability good two-deep and/or starter impact.

-------------------

LT/RT

Rick Leonard, Saints

Tyrell Crosby, Lions

Jamarco Jones, Seahawks

Jordan Mailata, Eagles

Ike Boettger, Buffalo

C

Travis Swanson, Jets

Jon Toh, Eagles

OG

Parker Ehinger, Chiefs

Max Garcia, Broncos

Dorian Johnson, Panthers

TE

Marcus Baugh, Raiders

Bucky Hodges, Steelers

Ben Braunecker, Bears

WR

Tanner Gentry, Bears

J'Mon Moore, Packers

Malachi Dupre, Buffalo

Robert Foster, Buffalo

DT

Hassan Ridgeway, Colts

Dominique Easley, Rams

Michael Bennett, Jaguars

Julian Taylor, 49ers

Jihad Ward, Cowboys

DE

Dawuane Smoot, Jaguars

Daeshon Hal, Panthers

CB

Cyrus Jones, Patriots

Akeem King, Seahawks

Darious Williams, Ravens

Kam Kelly, Cowboys

Kevin Toliver II, Bears

FS/SS

Armani Watts, Chiefs

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

What is your sudden obsession with replacing Caleb Brantley who is a 2nd year DT with upside? Did he wink at your wife or something?

I'd love to add another DT, not to replace anyone, but rather add to the pile.

Fair question.

My reasoning is based on passed along information that the coaches have fallen out of favor with him b/c of his effort, work habits, study skills, and how he effects the energy of the DT room.

I loved scouting him out of college... thought he'd be the perfect NT-flex with a ton of upside, and I was relieved when he was cleared of the off the field issue that arose during the draft process.

Beyond the engagement and work focus issues, he's been routinely unavailable due to injuries the coaches believe are a result of conditioning issues.

In preseason games, he's been solid.

Unless he can change the coaches impression soon, he's not likely to make this roster as he's been in the coaches dog house.

If we could replace him with a Hassan Ridgeway type likely to be on the bubble, then we should.

Disappointed to have to look beyond him for a DT that could potentially impact the roster.... but it's trending that way.

Maybe the coaches and him have a heart to heart and he turns it around, but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

My Updated Roster Bubble Target Wishlist:

1.) DT Hassan Ridgeway, Colts OR DT/DE Dominique Easley, Rams (Add Both if Possible) to Replace DT Caleb Brantley on the 53

2.) OG/OT Parker Ehinger, Chiefs to Replace OG Spencer Drango on the 53

3.) C Travis Swanson, Jets to Replace C Austin Reiter on the 53

4.) CB Cyrus Jones, Patriots OR Akeem King (Add Both if Possible), Seahawks to Replace CB Mike Jordan on the 53

5.) S Armani Watts, Chiefs to FS Allowing BBC to move to Full Time NCB

6.) Add OT Jordan Mailata, Eagles, Rick Leonard, Saints, OR Tyrell Crosby, Lions to Roster as 9th OL (Greg Robinson is Cut; Shon Coleman is Retained)

--------------------

An Around the League Look at Potential Good Players on the Roster Bubble (at our Pos. of Need):

These are players that I have scouted, are currently on the roster bubble, and I believe have the ability good two-deep and/or starter impact.

-------------------

LT/RT

Rick Leonard, Saints

Tyrell Crosby, Lions

Jamarco Jones, Seahawks

Jordan Mailata, Eagles

Ike Boettger, Buffalo

C

Travis Swanson, Jets

Jon Toh, Eagles

OG

Parker Ehinger, Chiefs

Max Garcia, Broncos

Dorian Johnson, Panthers

TE

Marcus Baugh, Raiders

Bucky Hodges, Steelers

Ben Braunecker, Bears

WR

Tanner Gentry, Bears

J'Mon Moore, Packers

Malachi Dupre, Buffalo

Robert Foster, Buffalo

DT

Hassan Ridgeway, Colts

Dominique Easley, Rams

Michael Bennett, Jaguars

Julian Taylor, 49ers

Jihad Ward, Cowboys

DE

Dawuane Smoot, Jaguars

Daeshon Hal, Panthers

CB

Cyrus Jones, Patriots

Akeem King, Seahawks

Darious Williams, Ravens

Kam Kelly, Cowboys

Kevin Toliver II, Bears

FS/SS

Armani Watts, Chiefs

I don't think we'll add a wr via waivers even though I'd be down with Moore from gb. OL I don't disagree with at all even tho I think what we got is alright couple guys have played below what capable of. As for DL I would be stoked if Julian Taylor became available me being from the bay I'm able to see this guy and hes gifted but has 0 technique "poor coaching and being hurt in college" but he is a 110% player every play. Also from what I hear local here he ain't hitting market bit who knows. Also my brother being a panthers fan of hall hits market I'm down for a flyer he's long has ability but last year was hurt and at A&M was over looked a bit because of Garrett. 

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Two people we can forget about on @Mind Character list, Tyrell Crosby and Julian Taylor. Detroit absolutely loves Crosby and have you seen Taylor's highlights? They'd be a fool to let him go

Noted...

Da** ... that sucks... yeah I made that list off of team site beat writers' Bubble Watch articles ... lol

I loved Taylor coming out of college and thought he'd be special....and had pro bowl upside.

I think you pointed out to me Zaycoven Henderson at the time and I liked his film as well... he's flashed in practice for us and in preseason games as well... although I'm glad we got Henderson... I wish we could've got Taylor as well...

I haven't seen his highlights yet... but I'm not surpised...

@MSURacerDT55 ... LOL... yeah, just checked some of those highlights and 49ers beat writers.... the 49ers have Taylor as a Starter now... okay.. yikes... that really sucks...it must've been a bubble watch article from before he flashed...

I don't know why we didn't take a shot on him when we brought him in on a visit.... maybe his knees didn't pass our medicals...

would've rather taken a flier on him than on Simeon Thomas... but you win some and lose some I guess...

Buzz that Chance Warmack OG gets released by the Eagles... it's coming down to him or Jordan Mailata

I liked Chance coming out of Bama... haven't heard much about him in the league except that he underachieved... don't know if he's trash or not, but he pro bowl potential and elite play traits coming out of college..

If he still has some juice left, he could be a good upgrade over Drango... as it looks like he Chiefs are going to keep Parker Ehinger unfortunately...

Just now, Mind Character said:

Buzz that Chance Warmack OG gets released by the Eagles... it's coming down to him or Jordan Mailata

I liked Chance coming out of Bama... haven't heard much about him in the league except that he underachieved... don't know if he's trash or not, but he pro bowl potential and elite play traits coming out of college..

If he still has some juice left, he could be a good upgrade over Drango... as it looks like he Chiefs are going to keep Parker Ehinger unfortunately...

Chance is a good run blocker that’s about it. Not very mobile. Still better than the backups we have. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whole lotta meh on this list @Mind Character, but good on ya for putting it together.

Lol... meh is the heart of roster bubble players.... it's always an interesting exercise that shows me how the vast majority of the league is one injury away from their season going down the drain b/c their two-deep is trash...

Been projecting Parker Ehinger as our swing OG/C/T... he can play them all... and Dorsey drafted him... I thought he'd be cut.. then I thought the Chiefs would retain him..

Instead....  he was traded for peanuts to the Cowboys...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000956868/article/dallas-cowboys-trading-for-ol-parker-ehinger

Exchanged for and UDFA CB on the Cowboys ....

Not sure why Dorsey didn't make that call to trade for him...

Kind of pissed we missed that opportunity as I thought Parker could be a long term core OL.

Archived