Practice Squad Tracker & Bubble Targets Watch

Mind Character

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So from last years draft, we still have Myles, Njoku, Peppers, Ogunjobi, Gonzalez, and Howard Wilson?

Jesus.

But the more picks you have the better your chances...amount of draft capital is overrated. Get the best players you can, no matter how. It’s why I loved using picks to get Taylor and Jarvis 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So from last years draft, we still have Myles, Njoku, Peppers, Ogunjobi, Gonzalez, and Howard Wilson?

Jesus.

Wait. You think this is a criticism?

Getting six keepers out of a draft, at least two of whom look like stud muffins (Myles and Njoku) and two of whom look like long time starters (Peppers, Ogunjobi) is a fantastic chunk. I mean, Belichick's '01-'02 drafts in NE got them a total of 3 players who ever had any value for them whatsoever. It just happened that one was Brady.

Even if only 4 of those guys stick as above-average starters, that's awesome.

21 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Getting six keepers out of a draft, at least two of whom look like stud muffins (Myles and Njoku) and two of whom look like long time starters (Peppers, Ogunjobi) is a fantastic chunk. I mean, Belichick's '01-'02 drafts in NE got them a total of 3 players who ever had any value for them whatsoever. It just happened that one was Brady.

Not wrong, Freaky. It looks like that draft will have produced 4 stalwart players, 1 of which with legit HOF potential, and a kicker. In the realm of drafts, that's pretty damn good. I think the quantity of picks is what makes that 4 not seem like a lot, but it is.

Although, 2016 draft has boiled down to Schobert, pro bowl LB, Kindred, basically 1 of 2 starting SS, Higgins, proving himself a good #2-3 WR, Devalve, borderline 53 backup TE still with potential but injury problems, and Ogbah, good run stopping DE who still has to prove himself as a pass rusher.

2018 looks like, with fingers crossed: franchise QB, top flight CB, above average RB, will be starter OG or OC, a Dline rotation player, and a high upside pass rusher SLB. Plus, possible UDFA franchise LT.

6 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Hell, we've been struggling to get six keepers in a decade, let alone one draft.  

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Hell, we've been struggling to get six keepers in a decade, let alone one draft.  

Right?

I’m not sure if some folks in this forum understand how things work. Half of these dudes are going to bust, every year.

Baker, Ward, Corbett, Chubb, Thomas, Calloway, etc. half of those guys will wash out too.

That 2017 class could be incredible, but that doesn’t mean everyone is going to make it.

Archived