Practice Squad Tracker & Bubble Targets Watch

Mind Character

9 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Time to take a chill pill Nude. Keep in mind that we are talking about our fourth string quarterback. Basically, that is what practice squads are for. It is where young guys go to work on the weaknesses in their game. Brogan certainly has some. If not, he would be on the active 53. Back in the day, players were allowed to develop at their own pace. But we are living in the age of instant gratification - so by today's standards, if he isn't an All Pro in seven snaps, he's trash.

A little perspective is warranted.

I'm gonna go ahead and double down. I don't even think Broback makes the team. You truthers are the worst.

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Tavierre Thomas is another intriguing guy we picked up. He’s an interesting project to stash at the bottom of a roster.

You're right, Candy.

First year player out of Div. II Ferris State in MI. Good corner size at 6'0" and 205. Decent 40 time at 4.4 Looks to be a worthwhile developmental project. One thing I did notice in a couple of plays from the linked clip, Tavierre lets the receiver fly past him, and then he uses his closing speed to recover and make the play. That may have worked at Ferris State, but I highly doubt that will work regularly on Sundays.

But, he is young, and that what our coaches are for. I bet the Cardinals were hoping to get him through waivers and onto their practice squad.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4777601/586803453deaaa2528899abe

55 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

You're right, Candy.

First year player out of Div. II Ferris State in MI. Good corner size at 6'0" and 205. Decent 40 time at 4.4 Looks to be a worthwhile developmental project. One thing I did notice in a couple of plays from the linked clip, Tavierre lets the receiver fly past him, and then he uses his closing speed to recover and make the play. That may have worked at Ferris State, but I highly doubt that will work regularly on Sundays.

But, he is young, and that what our coaches are for. I bet the Cardinals were hoping to get him through waivers and onto their practice squad.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4777601/586803453deaaa2528899abe

I wouldn't be surprised if he's cross trained between CB and FS. Been timed as fast as a 4.38 40, solid size and build, reportedly good instincts making plays on the ball and a hard hitter. We shall see, but he's at least intriguing.

It's just comforting to see us committed to acquiring fast, athletic players. This team is young, fast, and athletic as hell, unlike the past when we seemed to be the slowest, oldest team in the league; I call those the "Andra Davis days". Now, we're constructed like the'90's Cowboys, built on speed and aggression.

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Props to the NYG at least for cutting bait with Webb early. Too often we see organizations wait a year or two too long to admit defeat on a terrible pick at QB. Unfortunately for them, Saquon Barkley is not the future at QB, so not sure what their plan is.

Well next year with a workhorse in Barkley entering year 2, will do wonders for the QB they trade up to draft. Remember rebuilds don’t start around a QB. Remember sashi passed on what could be viewed as three top studs...

Archived