Jordan Howard vs Devonta Freeman

NcFinest9erFan

So here's my dilemma, I'm picking 9th and keeping Bell. I think I am going old school this year and starting off my team with RB/RB. The question is Howard or Freeman? 

Scoring system:

1. PPR

2. Half a point for each carry

3. every ten yards is one point

4. All Tds are six

I think I am leaning Howard...although what worries me are the games that the bears need to pick up the pace, there's a good chance Cohen will see the field more. My only issue with Freeman is Coleman. You almost have to handcuff Coleman/spend a solid pick on him just because if anything happens to Freeman, Coleman is a RB1.

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Are you guys at all afraid of the injuries Freeman had from last year? I believe he said he played with sprained mcl/lcl?

I'm more worried about him getting a concussion than his knee I think.
He runs inside a ton.

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Coleman scares me more than Cohen - who I think sees a lot of snaps in the slot ala Tyreek Hill.

I mean Coleman has been for a while and it does sound like Chicago wants to throw some. Thats more Cohen territory. I think Freeman’s potential on an already good and proven offense helps. I know Chicago should be improved but for RBs i want the team that is more likely to be running late in the 4th

Freeman's touches have dropped each of the last three seasons.  I could see them dropping again this year as Coleman is more then capable and a FA next year.  I bet they want to keep Freeman fresh for the playoffs.

Howard will only be hurt if CHI stinks and has to throw down the stretch more like last year.  I do think they want to keep it easy for Mitch so I could see them run quite a bit and you know Howard will get all the GL carries unlike Freeman.  

Edge to Howard for me.

16 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Freeman's touches have dropped each of the last three seasons.  I could see them dropping again this year as Coleman is more then capable and a FA next year.  I bet they want to keep Freeman fresh for the playoffs.

Howard will only be hurt if CHI stinks and has to throw down the stretch more like last year.  I do think they want to keep it easy for Mitch so I could see them run quite a bit and you know Howard will get all the GL carries unlike Freeman.  

Edge to Howard for me.

But there is a reason the Falcons just paid Freeman big money. Cant imagine they'd sign that contract and then not give him work. Also the Falcons are hardly a slam dunk for the playoffs with as stacked as that whole conference. They cant afford to get cute and give more touches to a lesser guy to give the better one a break for the playoffs. 

As somebody who had Howard last year--he was feast or famine. Super TD dependent and every week he would either give you 6 points or 16 points because he scored. Nagys schemes might help him a bit more, but Im getting the sense that Cohen is going to take a little bit more off Howards plate than people realize.

Howards game is similar to a guy like Tyreke Hill in the sense that you basically wait the entire game to see if he can get that 1 big TD bomb just like you wait all game to see if Howard gets a chance from the 5 yard line to pound one in.

I would go Freeman because I think he provides the same TD upside as Howard but has shown over his career to be a little bit more consistent.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

As somebody who had Howard last year--he was feast or famine. Super TD dependent and every week he would either give you 6 points or 16 points because he scored. Nagys schemes might help him a bit more, but Im getting the sense that Cohen is going to take a little bit more off Howards plate than people realize.

Howards game is similar to a guy like Tyreke Hill in the sense that you basically wait the entire game to see if he can get that 1 big TD bomb just like you wait all game to see if Howard gets a chance from the 5 yard line to pound one in.

I would go Freeman because I think he provides the same TD upside as Howard but has shown over his career to be a little bit more consistent.

I agree with the Howard assessment for last year but some of that feast/famine was due to the boring play calling and having no aerial attack at all. They should be better there and running more late and this is coming from a not so big Howard fan

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with the Howard assessment for last year but some of that feast/famine was due to the boring play calling and having no aerial attack at all. They should be better there and running more late and this is coming from a not so big Howard fan

True, but Im just saying that I think Freeman has a higher ceiling. We have seen him be a dominant fantasy RB and even a RB1 at times. Howards peak I think is a little bit lower and I dont see how he ever breaks that solid RB2 tier. He just not dynamic enough as a pass catcher/runner to ever breakthrough that ceiling and with the presence of Cohen in the passing game--I think his upside will always be capped as a early down between the tackles runner.

Archived