PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Honestly, I don't care about the trade nearly as much as I do about the silence (and suspicion) surrounding it. If nothing wrong happened, there shouldn't be hesitation towards explaining the rationale from both sides. The silence from one side is deafening.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Honestly, I don't care about the trade nearly as much as I do about the silence (and suspicion) surrounding it. If nothing wrong happened, there shouldn't be hesitation towards explaining the rationale from both sides. The silence from one side is deafening.

Didn't expect you to have this view. 

Like I indicated in an earlier post we used the Shark trade calculator. It's a free site & one I've used in the past.

It showed Kings Pride got the better deal by 11% so we were shocked by the neg feedback. Your welcome to use it & check.

Kings Pride had RB Gibson traded to NE, which he already had RB Stevenson, so he was looking for RB Help.

Aaron Jones missed 6 games last season, signed a one year deal & is 29 years old. Ty Chandler showed well last year when given the opportunity.

RB's are hard to find in this league.

I was looking for an upgrade for Geno, & he was OK with drafting a Rookie QB for the future, so it was a good marriage for a trade as simple as that.

Yes, we are relatives, Kings Pride & I are both super competitive, for all the years we have played in the league we have never traded with each other,  just for that reason. 

I hope that helps.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Like I indicated in an earlier post we used the Shark trade calculator. It's a free site & one I've used in the past.

It showed Kings Pride got the better deal by 11% so we were shocked by the neg feedback. Your welcome to use it & check.

Kings Pride had RB Gibson traded to NE, which he already had RB Stevenson, so he was looking for RB Help.

Aaron Jones missed 6 games last season, signed a one year deal & is 29 years old. Ty Chandler showed well last year when given the opportunity.

RB's are hard to find in this league.

I was looking for an upgrade for Geno, & he was OK with drafting a Rookie QB for the future, so it was a good marriage for a trade as simple as that.

Yes, we are relatives, Kings Pride & I are both super competitive, for all the years we have played in the league we have never traded with each other,  just for that reason. 

I hope that helps.

Just to be clear for everyone trade is staying as is? 

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

Just to be clear for everyone trade is staying as is? 

I think it should, based on that explanation.

Bad trades happen. If someone is looking for RB help, and has an asset that they might not value as much as others, it could lead to a trade like this. If he had Lamar Jackson for years, he lived through the 2021 and 2022 seasons, where Jackson had an 87 and 91 QB rating and missed time due to injuries. If he's high on Ty (RBs are tough to get in this league), he could be viewing it as a chance to get a RB he's high on, while adding a QB he can survive with and some draft capital.

Again, I think he could have gotten more, but bad trades shouldn't be vetoed.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Bad trades happen. If someone is looking for RB help, and has an asset that they might not value as much as others, it could lead to a trade like this. If he had Lamar Jackson for years, he lived through the 2021 and 2022 seasons, where Jackson had an 87 and 91 QB rating and missed time due to injuries. If he's high on Ty (RBs are tough to get in this league), he could be viewing it as a chance to get a RB he's high on, while adding a QB he can survive with and some draft capital.

I’d like to hear it from @WE-R-Lions

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think he just expressed some of those same thoughts in his post above. (He also noted that, despite being relatives, they have never made a trade together before. I found that interesting.)

Just looking for confirmation from him. 

45 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Flipping an end of season waiver addition in Ty Chandler (who went for less than 10 FAAB after @SimsZilla dropped him) for Lamar Jackson is going to be hard for some to be okay with. A handful of guys have already messaged me about leaving the league. While I don't think we should start a veto system, I also think it might be worth at least amending the deal to ensure that we don't start losing genuinely good owners over this in a 15 year league. 

Regardless, I think it's important to hear from the other side of the deal, as per league rules. Perhaps that would help a bit, or perhaps they could just increase the pick value to make people feel better? I'd rather not lose some of these long time Lions forum vets over this situation. 

Edited by X_Factor_40