PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

Your selections! Every year it seems like you take someone I like right before me. 😂

Lol I'll take the compliment.

However, I think we both need to work a bit harder on our draft boards. With the way my team has been the last couple of years (except maybe one), there is a lot left to be desired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

That is clear…but for what reason? Why do people think that changing the way things are being done would be positive? Maybe I’m not considering all possibilities. 

I, for one, don't see why six rounds should take more than six days. If you know when you're OTC, and have the option of passing a big board along to someone who can make your picks for you, I don't see why moving the draft isn't a possibility.

To be honest, I'm not really saying I care about the current pace and structure. I don't. I'd just rather this get done with as quickly as possible so I don't have to enter another work stretch getting draft notifications and having to update the draft thread.

It's a six round dynasty fantasy football draft.

• Like 1

Also, I can understand why a new owner with a busy work schedule who joined the league late would want things to move at a slower pace, and that's not really an issue. The rest of us have been talking trades for months now. It, along with my work schedule during the busy season, are probably why I'm just ready for the draft to be done with. (Again, and to be clear: I have no complaints with the current pace/structure.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

6 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I just think you want things done timely this time of year because things are constantly changing. All it takes is one major injury and suddenly someone has a steal because they happen to be up when someone tears their ACL. 

I'm only hoping that happens when it's my turn to pick. The rest of you guys don't need the extra help. 

Can we just try hard to let everyone know when we won’t be available? That’s what bugs me, when I check in here a dozen times to see if someone picked. If you’ll be unavailable for a while and it’s planned, tell us so we don’t waste our time. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

That is clear…but for what reason? Why do people think that changing the way things are being done would be positive? Maybe I’m not considering all possibilities. 

I think for others, they may have situation similar to yours but the opposite direction.  They may have limited time in which they can be online or make a pick and prefer to have structure.  Its a personality thing, and we are all different, just have to respect those differences I guess. I personally am online during the workday when I am at a computer.  I rarely get on after work or on weekends as I don't typically do it on my phone.  I try to remember during draft season but sometimes things come up and I dont have service or dont remember to look.  It would be easier for me if I knew exactly when I was going to pick, but that being said, I would rather do it so everyone gets to make their picks and assess the situation when on the clock.  Especially in the first 2/3 rounds but even later as things change.  So there are two reasons why I dont care if someone takes two days to pick once in a while because A) I have done it when coming on the clock after 5 on a Friday, and B) Others are allowed to have a life and take trips in the summer so if a free fantasy league slips their mind, I am not mad about it.  If someone regularly took 2 days per pick, thats a different story, but if its an outlier just relax and wait like the rest of us. 

Side note, there is a way to say the draft is complete and allow us to pick up our players as they are selected.  I am not exactly sure of how to do it but I know it has been done.  It takes some control away from the LM but also saves them time from having to input the whole draft and also would help out TL from having to update the draft thread every pick.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I just think you want things done timely this time of year because things are constantly changing. All it takes is one major injury and suddenly someone has a steal because they happen to be up when someone tears their ACL. 

Thats why I prefer to draft prior to TC and know we have a time limit to complete or wait as long into camp to figure it out and use slots.    

33 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think for others, they may have situation similar to yours but the opposite direction.  They may have limited time in which they can be online or make a pick and prefer to have structure.  Its a personality thing, and we are all different, just have to respect those differences I guess. I personally am online during the workday when I am at a computer.  I rarely get on after work or on weekends as I don't typically do it on my phone.  I try to remember during draft season but sometimes things come up and I dont have service or dont remember to look.  It would be easier for me if I knew exactly when I was going to pick, but that being said, I would rather do it so everyone gets to make their picks and assess the situation when on the clock.  Especially in the first 2/3 rounds but even later as things change.  So there are two reasons why I dont care if someone takes two days to pick once in a while because A) I have done it when coming on the clock after 5 on a Friday, and B) Others are allowed to have a life and take trips in the summer so if a free fantasy league slips their mind, I am not mad about it.  If someone regularly took 2 days per pick, thats a different story, but if its an outlier just relax and wait like the rest of us. 

Side note, there is a way to say the draft is complete and allow us to pick up our players as they are selected.  I am not exactly sure of how to do it but I know it has been done.  It takes some control away from the LM but also saves them time from having to input the whole draft and also would help out TL from having to update the draft thread every pick.  

I can understand that rationale. Thank you for explaining. I wouldn’t support compressed time slots for an offline draft. The practicality of that is just not realistic…and I say that as someone who has commished different leagues of different formats for decades. It’s hard enough to get people to get their picks in on time with a day time limit. If that’s the route that people want…it should be a live draft and the draft should be completed same day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Also, I can understand why a new owner with a busy work schedule who joined the league late would want things to move at a slower pace, and that's not really an issue. The rest of us have been talking trades for months now. It, along with my work schedule during the busy season, are probably why I'm just ready for the draft to be done with. (Again, and to be clear: I have no complaints with the current pace/structure.)

That’s understandable. Thank you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Can we just try hard to let everyone know when we won’t be available? That’s what bugs me, when I check in here a dozen times to see if someone picked. If you’ll be unavailable for a while and it’s planned, tell us so we don’t waste our time. 

Sorry if this was meant for me. I had asked X to be pmed and tagged to make my pick.

Just got off plane and still in baggage claim but wanted to keep it moving