PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Defenses and Kickers are always tough for me to figure out who's available because I don't keep a spreadsheet or anything for them. It's kind of just...whatever. Almost wish we didn't have kickers and defenses. They're so random and it makes the end of these drafts a bit boring. 

11 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Defenses and Kickers are always tough for me to figure out who's available because I don't keep a spreadsheet or anything for them. It's kind of just...whatever. Almost wish we didn't have kickers and defenses. They're so random and it makes the end of these drafts a bit boring. 

If you reference the ESPN "add players" list for defenses and search the first page of the draft, you'll be able to tell which are available.

I also disagree: I love them. I love playing the match-up game, and, at a certain point of the season, that's pretty much just swapping defenses.

47 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If you reference the ESPN "add players" list for defenses and search the first page of the draft, you'll be able to tell which are available.

I also disagree: I love them. I love playing the match-up game, and, at a certain point of the season, that's pretty much just swapping defenses.

I agree somewhat but like defenses more than kickers.  There is a solid variance on defenses and requires using draft capital or get stuck with a bum, sort of like TE.  The best D and the 16th best had a 74 point difference last year so there is value in using resources.

Kickers aren't as fun since there was only 30 points difference between the best and the 16th best last year.  They are sort of boring but also can have a big impact on a matchup if they get a bunch of FG attempts in a game.  So having the best isnt always the best, but being lucky is more important.

• Like 1

At the end of the draft, everyone needs to have 18 players and a full team roster including a DEF & K. 

I like kickers and D but I hate having to have them out of the draft. Generally in leagues I won't draft a kicker or D and I'll pick them up after camp.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

We’re in the round that I have a pick in! (Fyi this is easily the fastest draft I’ve ever seen this league have)

Not............................soo..... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttt.....20211204_PE2_9906.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

I like kickers and D but I hate having to have them out of the draft. Generally in leagues I won't draft a kicker or D and I'll pick them up after camp.

Same. I hate that rule. It would be nice to not have to draft one and just take our chances. It would make those mid/late picks way more valuable. As it is my last two picks are almost always worthless because I’ll end up dropping the kicker and defense eventually anyway. Makes it harder to rebuild. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 2

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey @SimsZilla: we have a bunch of upcoming picks next to each other. Make a trade with me to help this run more smoothly?

I receive:

You receive:

That'll give you 5.14 and 5.15, plus 6.14, 6.15 and 6.16, and I'll have 6.1 and 6.2. More back-to-back picks, right?

You read my mind !

• Like 1