Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t like temps below 50 on the positive side. If it wasn’t for my wife and daughter I’d be living in Phoenix or South Florida. I HATE cold weather, I don’t know how you guys in Alaska or people in the Dakotas or New England states tolerate it. Colorado, at the least on the front range, has mild winters relative to much of the country and it’s even too much for me sometimes. 

Being too fat for the heat helps.  But towards the end of winter everyone usually has a pretty bad attitude haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t like temps below 50 on the positive side. If it wasn’t for my wife and daughter I’d be living in Phoenix or South Florida. I HATE cold weather, I don’t know how you guys in Alaska or people in the Dakotas or New England states tolerate it. Colorado, at the least on the front range, has mild winters relative to much of the country and it’s even too much for me sometimes. 

I think it has to start early. From the time I was about 6 you couldn't keep me from playing hockey. It was all outside, lakes, ponds, etc. Loved skiing in the winter also.

You just get used to it. Anyway, this is pretty extreme. -25 this morning for the 8th day in a row. Anything above 0 will seem like a heat wave now.

Of all the players who have been snubbed from the HOF, Steve Atwater to me is easily the most insulting. He literally averaged 125 tackles per season over the first 8 seasons of his career. 8 pro bowls. 2 Super Bowl rings. Unbelievable post season performances. Zero doubt in my mind; if he had played for the Packers, 49ers, or Bears, he would have been a first ballot selection. If he doesn’t get in this year, I’m gonna be pissed. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Of all the players who have been snubbed from the HOF, Steve Atwater to me is easily the most insulting. He literally averaged 125 tackles per season over the first 8 seasons of his career. 8 pro bowls. 2 Super Bowl rings. Unbelievable post season performances. Zero doubt in my mind; if he had played for the Packers, 49ers, or Bears, he would have been a first ballot selection. If he doesn’t get in this year, I’m gonna be pissed. 

Gradishar is right there with him.

• Like 2

He’s more than just 1 play but Atwater vs. the Nigerian Nightmare I’ll never forget. 

Okoye had a couple of big games (including the week after) the next 2 years but he was really never the same after that.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

He’s more than just 1 play but Atwater vs. the Nigerian Nightmare I’ll never forget. 

Okoye had a couple of big games (including the week after) the next 2 years but he was really never the same after that.   

A guy I fish with was at that game.  He said you could hear the collision even if he were sitting in the nose bleeds. 

• Like 2

Lamar Jackson HAS to be able to operate from the pocket before the Ravens can be considered legitimate contenders.

The sense of urgency in playoff football is completely different than the regular season. While Jackson statistically looked solid, he was lost and inaccurate all game and when he started to press (which you could see him beginning to unravel in his body language) it only got worse.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Man that Titans defense is great at every level. Getting Adoree back for the playoffs was big. 

Over 500 yards of offense with only 12 points to show for it. That was the most brilliant excecution of “bend but don’t break” Defense I’ve ever seen. Tennessee put on a clinic in that game. Also shows how devastating turnovers can be to an offense. 

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I’ve never actually seen that hit at full speed before. NFL films always shows it in a slowed down format. Wow..

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Lamar Jackson HAS to be able to operate from the pocket before the Ravens can be considered legitimate contenders.

The sense of urgency in playoff football is completely different than the regular season. While Jackson statistically looked solid, he was lost and inaccurate all game and when he started to press (which you could see him beginning to unravel in his body language) it only got worse.  

I only saw them once this year for about a quarter. It seemed like the Ravens were just running a college option. Was what I saw indicative of their overall offensive scheme?

If anyone wonders why I say we are at least another year away from serious contention - besides our roster lacking talent depth, the fact we have to catch KC to play January home games should remind us.  

Today couldn’t have been a better set-up for them to fail - but Mahomes and that O are something else.   And the D is actually ok especially with Chris Jones back (DC Spagnolo is a huge asset for them).  That was a world class beat down after the crazy 24-0 start (BOB lol wow though).  

It doesn’t change the optimism we should have overall but the gap between us and KC is at least 2 offseasons of work away from being close.    Don’t take short cuts to win now Elway.   Keep the youth movement strong.  

Edited by Broncofan