Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Central MT pretty much right in the dead center haha.  My hometown is pretty close to the Missouri River, pretty good cattle and hunting country 

I know where're you're at. You forgot to mention the fishing. The entire Missouri Rive drainage is pretty awesome. Love the Big Hole.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I know where're you're at. You forgot to mention the fishing. The entire Missouri Rive drainage is pretty awesome. Love the Big Hole.

Yea the fishing is fun but I usually just end up being a stereotype:  Throw a line out and sit by the cooler and day drink haha makes for some pretty fun/relaxing afternoons

3 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

They have one good item but it's the weakest of the three places. Bring back Fuddruckers please.

I haven't had Fuddruckers since I was a child and there is one about 10 minutes away from me. I don't recall it being super good. I did like to put a lot of that fake nacho cheese on my fries.

56 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I haven't had Fuddruckers since I was a child and there is one about 10 minutes away from me. I don't recall it being super good. I did like to put a lot of that fake nacho cheese on my fries.

They closed all the ones in Colorado. Egypt has one, Colorado does not lol.

Freddy’s is the place for a burger.  They make steak burgers.  It’s huge in Kansas that’s where founder grew up.  When I was going to school out there I was hitting that place up almost weekly, haha. There are a couple in Colorado Springs now.

Did I hear that there were bugerwars going on over here?

Buffalo blue cheese is hard to beat at Smashburger

In n Out is ok if you dont mind having a razor thin slice of meat and terrible fries

Five guys has wayyy more meat than in n out. 

No shake shack in SLC :(

If any of you boys are passing through SLC you have to go to Crown burger and get the crown burger, thank me later.

If you are staying in SLC hit me up and we can grab a drink and the best burger in town at Lucky 13.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

So the one positive of the season has been watching KC downfall. I mean we suck but there is no reason for them to have this slide late in the season. Love it doe.

It's awesome right now until they get knocked out of it Mahomes comes in and proves to be the man. That will be bad.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

It's awesome right now until they get knocked out of it Mahomes comes in and proves to be the man. That will be bad.

From the moment they moved up to draft him that was inevitable.   It’s just a Q of when it was going to happen this year or week 1 2018.  Walking away from Smith by release or trade saves them 17m and they are a bottom 5 team in cap space.   Just a matter of if they can get anything in a trade otherwise a release is certain   No doubt they try and get a trade done. 

2 months ago KC could have netted a Day 2 pick at Smith's level of performance.  Now that it’s back to his usual self they will be lucky to get a high Day 3 pick.  I suspect teams won’t let last week fool anyone the Jets were without their top cover ILB Darron Lee which made them shift how S Jamal Adams played initially - led to Kelce’s early 3-90-2 then when they took him out Hill went nuts.   Otherwise it’s been dink and dunk play it safe Alex Smith again.   Which is why the Chiefs drafted Mahomes in the first place.   

With the G-men tipping their hand that Eli Manning isn’t in their 2018 plans and the Bills doing the same with Tyrod Taylor that reduces teams’ perceived need to trade higher picks to get a QB.   The stopgap FA QB market is increasing.  We are still better off finding our QBOTF long term but the trade market for sellers is worsening given the increasing number of vet QB likely hitting the market.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

From the moment they moved up to draft him that was inevitable.   It’s just a Q of when it was going to happen this year or week 1 2018.  Walking away from Smith by release or trade saves them 17m and they are a bottom 5 team in cap space.   Just a matter of if they can get anything in a trade otherwise a release is certain   No doubt they try and get a trade done. 

2 months ago KC could have netted a Day 2 pick at Smith's level of performance.  Now that it’s back to his usual self they will be lucky to get a high Day 3 pick.  I suspect teams won’t let last week fool anyone the Jets were without their top cover ILB Darron Lee which made them shift how S Jamal Adams played initially - led to Kelce’s early 3-90-2 then when they took him out Hill went nuts.   Otherwise it’s been dink and dunk play it safe Alex Smith again.   Which is why the Chiefs drafted Mahomes in the first place.   

With the G-men tipping their hand that Eli Manning isn’t in their 2018 plans and the Bills doing the same with Tyrod Taylor that reduces teams’ perceived need to trade higher picks to get a QB.   The stopgap FA QB market is increasing.  We are still better off finding our QBOTF long term but the trade market for sellers is worsening given the increasing number of vet QB likely hitting the market.  

It's not inevitable Mahomes becomes a great player. But I think he will be hopefully he shows some flaws.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It's not inevitable Mahomes becomes a great player. But I think he will be hopefully he shows some flaws.

Sure but either way KC is all in on Mahomes.  Smith was only helping them get draft capital in a trade.   Good news for us is Smith’s trade value is minimal at 17m for next year now that he’s back to bring a game manager.