Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Even if they just want him as a back up. They saw him up close at his best. They traded a 7th for Willis so I would think a 3 and swap of 6s? Maybe a 4th?

We traded a 6th (and got a 7th back) to get Wilson. I would be ecstatic with a 3rd but think that's a pipe dream for a back up quality player with 1 year left on his contract. I would think our FO would look for a 4th to make the trade happen with a 5th being fair value and ultimately a trade not happening. 

57 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

We traded a 6th (and got a 7th back) to get Wilson. I would be ecstatic with a 3rd but think that's a pipe dream for a back up quality player with 1 year left on his contract. I would think our FO would look for a 4th to make the trade happen with a 5th being fair value and ultimately a trade not happening. 

It's all going to be in the presentation and need. It's a sales job that a GM will have to make to his fan base. Is Wilson a "back up quality player with 1 year left on his contract."?b That'll get you a late pick.

Or, is he just a few years ago the #2 pick in the draft, floundered with a terrible Jets team and coaching, but had a great resurgence this year under Sean, played lights out in PS, and is still young enough to be your QBOTF. That guy'll get you a 3rd +.

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

It's all going to be in the presentation and need. It's a sales job that a GM will have to make to his fan base. Is Wilson a "back up quality player with 1 year left on his contract."?b That'll get you a late pick.

Or, is he just a few years ago the #2 pick in the draft, floundered with a terrible Jets team and coaching, but had a great resurgence this year under Sean, played lights out in PS, and is still young enough to be your QBOTF. That guy'll get you a 3rd +.

The only way you get a 3rd + is if Nix goes down for a few games and Wilson steps in and plays well. Nobody is sending a third over for one quality preseason game. 

• Like 1

I realize I’m nothing more than a petty hater, but my GOD is Deion’s failure delicious. All those yappy pigeons on my timeline have been real quiet tonight. 

On the other hand, what a top notch father to use all of his hype and bluster for a few years to boost his kids’ draft stock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

The only way you get a 3rd + is if Nix goes down for a few games and Wilson steps in and plays well. Nobody is sending a third over for one quality preseason game. 

Especially given that there's no team control beyond this year.    Trey Lance got a 4th because he was still controllable for 1 more year (plus the 5th year option) when DAL acquired him.    Zach's 5th year option is already declined, so he's a UFA after this year.    Teams will gamble on the potential for cheap cost control, but that's not Zach Wilson's situation anymore.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I realize I’m nothing more than a petty hater, but my GOD is Deion’s failure delicious. All those yappy pigeons on my timeline have been real quiet tonight. 

Try living here and being an alum of the rival school. Yesterday was delicious and I hope it continues, especially next Saturday. 

Spoiler

On 9/12/2024 at 10:26 PM, broncofan48 said:

Tua has to retire man he won’t have a brain left at this rate 

On 9/13/2024 at 10:53 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

That's the first thing that went through my mind last night as well. 

This is where it gets sticky.   If he retires on his own - MIA is off the hook for 123M over the next 3 years.

If he doesn't retire, but gets cut or can't get medically cleared - then he gets the 123M in full.

There's no in-between right now......such a tough spot to be in.   I agree with the sentiment he's potentially 1 hit away from disaster, but athletes rarely make the smart decision on their own.

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This is where it gets sticky.   If he retires on his own - MIA is off the hook for 123M over the next 3 years.

If he doesn't retire, but gets cut or can't get medically cleared - then he gets the 123M in full.

There's no in-between right now......such a tough spot to be in.   I agree with the sentiment he's potentially 1 hit away from disaster, but athletes rarely make the smart decision on their own.

The hit didn't even look bad Tua initiated all the contact it looked like a routine play that's what was most alarming to me.

21 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The hit didn't even look bad Tua initiated all the contact it looked like a routine play that's what was most alarming to me.

From what I've read, the effect is cumulative, and each successive concussion takes less of an impact. It makes sense but I'll wait for our doctor to weigh in. 

• Like 1