Steelers -- Big Ben and Brown, and maybe Bell eventually

Chargers -- because they play the Raiders twice

Dolphins -- Gase offense requires a TE, finally they have one

Saints -- Brees on turf is a sure thing

Falcons -- When ur WR is bigger than LB's

Patriots -- Brady can put 30 pts on you with the ballboy at receiver

Texans -- Dr Watson in the house

Rams -- stop running,  Goff!

had to pass on media darlings like the Eagles (Super Bowl hangover, it's a thing) and Chiefs (Mahomes has only played one game yo)

On 8/31/2018 at 1:54 PM, wwhickok said:

I can by that arguement but the biggest problem I have with it is the notion that Haley is in any way a guru.  Our offense didn't get worse and with James Washington added and James Conner playing better you can argue it's actually better than it was last year.  

Ben is rapidly declining. 

19 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Love the guessing games. Imma take:

Giants --  Barkley and OBJ

Packers -- because double A-ron

Steelers -- Big Ben and Brown, and maybe Bell eventually

Chargers -- because they play the Raiders twice

Dolphins -- Gase offense requires a TE, finally they have one

Saints -- Brees on turf is a sure thing

Falcons -- When ur WR is bigger than LB's

Patriots -- Brady can put 30 pts on you with the ballboy at receiver

Texans -- Dr Watson in the house

Rams -- stop running,  Goff!

had to pass on media darlings like the Eagles (Super Bowl hangover, it's a thing) and Chiefs (Mahomes has only played one game yo)

I was going to say "you must be a Dolphins fan" but then I saw your user name. I'm pretty sure Adam Gase doesn't have the Dolphins in the top 10 offenses this year.

Laces out, DAN!

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was going to say "you must be a Dolphins fan" but then I saw your user name. I'm pretty sure Adam Gase doesn't have the Dolphins in the top 10 offenses this year.

Remember when Gase got a stunning 24 TD's in '13-'14 from TE Julius Thomas before his wheels fell off? Fins got a fast TE rookie, and it's gonna be fun to watch. 

19 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Remember when Gase got a stunning 24 TD's in '13-'14 from TE Julius Thomas before his wheels fell off? Fins got a fast TE rookie, and it's gonna be fun to watch. 

Remember in 2013 - 14 when Gase had one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history leading the offense? 

Tannehill is not Manning.

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

Remember in 2013 - 14 when Gase had one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history leading the offense? 

Tannehill is not Manning.

We'll see how the addition of a fast young TE plays out. You gonna see the real Gase offense now.  <evil laugh> 

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

We'll see how the addition of a fast young TE plays out. You gonna see the real Gase offense now.  <evil laugh> 

With a below average quarterback, a questionable running game, and uninspiring receivers. Can't wait. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

With a below average quarterback, a questionable running game, and uninspiring receivers. Can't wait. 

Tannehill's 93.5 QBR in year one of learning Gase's offense is not below average. A 93.5 is above average. For comparison, Big Ben had a 93.4 QBR in 2017. Somewhere in the 80's range is the average QBR.  

If Tannehill can do 93.5 while learning a new offense, he should improve nicely in year two. With a year off in-between, after that hit-on-knee from Calais Campbell (which was not a dirty hit).

Ah, the optimism of a new NFL season. Bring on that Falcons-Eagles game and get this party started. 

6 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Tannehill's 93.5 QBR in year one of learning Gase's offense is not below average. A 93.5 is above average. For comparison, Big Ben had a 93.4 QBR in 2017. Somewhere in the 80's range is the average QBR.  

If Tannehill can do 93.5 while learning a new offense, he should improve nicely in year two. With a year off in-between, after that hit-on-knee from Calais Campbell (which was not a dirty hit).

Ah, the optimism of a new NFL season. Bring on that Falcons-Eagles game and get this party started. 

Tannehill is an average quarterback at best and I struggle to say that. He's now age 30, hasn't played in a year and is coming back from a knee injury. Taking his single best career season doesn't change that. His average career quarterback rating is in the mid 80's...or what I like to call "5 points below Tyrod Taylor's career rating". That single best career season rating was still only good for 12th in the league that year and happened to coincide with worse seasons from better quarterbacks with regards to ratings (Stafford, Alex Smith, etc) . That season was solid, but nothing more than that. 

Sorry, but I don't think the majority of non dolphin fans are taking him in the top 15 of quarterbacks across the league. 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sorry, but I don't think the majority of non dolphin fans are taking him in the top 15 of quarterbacks across the league. 

Count on him being top 15. The majority of NFL fans get surprised every year by <insert random team or player here>. Did anyone other than Eagles Fan expect to see them winning the SB last year? I didn't even think Philly was good enough to even make the playoffs as a wildcard, yet they won the whole dang thing. 

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Count on him being top 15

Why? Being surprised by a random performance as you are suggesting does not mean I should be counting on him in the top 15. Why is it going to be Tannehill and not Carr? Or Mariota? Why not Dalton?

I'm certainly not taking Tannehill over Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, Ryan, Smith, Rivers, Stafford, Big Ben, Wilson or Cam. That's 11 quarterbacks right there. I haven't even mentioned Jimmy G or Carr, who at worst have equal claims to a top 15 spot as Tannehill at this point in time. Then there is Luck and Wentz, both of whom I've basically excluded at this point in time due to the injuries. Watson too. Could he have a better season than some of those guys? Absolutely. But so could Jimmy G, or Dalton or Mariota. And that's not to say that someone like Darnold does come out of the gate firing and play better than Tannehill right away either. 

Even you tier the quarterbacks, I think you're hard pressed to get him out of that average quarterbacks tier, and I'd probably have him at the bottom end of that tier. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why? Being surprised by a random performance as you are suggesting does not mean I should be counting on him in the top 15. Why is it going to be Tannehill and not Carr? Or Mariota?

That's the gist. We didn't realize the new-look Eagles and their daredevil coach mentoring a rookie QB were building something special as they posted a 7-9 record in '16. 

Gradual improvement is not random, it's hard work, confidence etc

Archived