Predict Top 10 offenses

BillSabre

18 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Dang fam we don't even make it in the top 10?  Even in Sarks 1st season of not knowing the scheme with less weapons and a worse O-line talent wise we were still atleast top 10 :D

My favorite bit is the Dolphins in the top 10 but not the Falcons.  Lol.

1. LA Rams

2. New England Patriots

3. Philadelphia Eagles

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Pittsburgh Steelers

7. Houston Texans

8. Green Bay Packers

9. LA Chargers

10. Minnesota Vikings

11. Detroit Lions

12. Jacksonville Jaguars

13. Kansas City Chiefs

14. New York Giants

15. Cincinnati Bengals

20 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

7. Steelers- Health will be a question all year long as the offense will run through Big Ben.  I do worry about the offense losing a guru like Todd Haley.

First of all, i find it hilarious that Pittsburgh was one of the top 2 NFL offenses last year and now are #7 on your list.

Secondly...Todd Haley, a Guru?

Bahahahaha.

You can't be serious.

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

tag all of the subforum crew @FourThreeMafia @Chieferific @wwhickok @warfelg @3rivers @August4th @CKSteeler and get a load of this guy 

Unfortunately, some people just narrow-mindedly look at stats and scores and think they know everything. Haley's offenses are the direct result of having top end Talent. He is a horrid game planner and play caller.

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

First of all, i find it hilarious that Pittsburgh was one of the top 2 NFL offenses last year and now are #7 on your list.

Secondly...Todd Haley, a Guru?

Bahahahaha.

You can't be serious.

Every season is a clean slate.  You can't just look at who finished where last year and assume they will do the same this year, otherwise the lists would be identical.  In 2016 the Falcons finished #1 and scored 540 points (60 more points than ANY team scored last year) yet in 2017 they dropped all the way down to #8.  I do believe the Steelers will finish at #2 in total offensive scoring this season but I don't have any issue with somebody else ranking them far lower this year because you just never know how a team is going to do year to year.

10 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Every season is a clean slate.  You can't just look at who finished where last year and assume they will do the same this year, otherwise the lists would be identical.  In 2016 the Falcons finished #1 and scored 540 points (60 more points than ANY team scored last year) yet in 2017 they dropped all the way down to #8.  I do believe the Steelers will finish at #2 in total offensive scoring this season but I don't have any issue with somebody else ranking them far lower this year because you just never know how a team is going to do year to year.

"Our OC who has designed the offense to a top 3 offense in the NFL for years is garbage and was holding everybody back!!! Im glad hes gone!"

-Steeler fan

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

"Our OC who has designed the offense to a top 3 offense in the NFL for years is garbage and was holding everybody back!!! Im glad hes gone!"

-Steeler fan

I dunno, I think Haley is a pretty darn good OC.  This season could well end up being a "careful what you wish for" situation for Steelers fans...

3 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I dunno, I think Haley is a pretty darn good OC.  This season could well end up being a "careful what you wish for" situation for Steelers fans...

Thats my point. But West Virginia/Pennsylvania fans act like Todd Haley is the one responsible for 87 year old Big Ben and their decrepit defense performing poorly in deep playoff runs for losing in big games.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Thats my point. But West Virginia/Pennsylvania fans act like Todd Haley is the one responsible for 87 year old Big Ben and their decrepit defense performing poorly in deep playoff runs.

Yeah I know, I was echoing your point.

13 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I can by that arguement but the biggest problem I have with it is the notion that Haley is in any way a guru.  Our offense didn't get worse and with James Washington added and James Conner playing better you can argue it's actually better than it was last year.  

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats my point. But West Virginia/Pennsylvania fans act like Todd Haley is the one responsible for 87 year old Big Ben and their decrepit defense performing poorly in deep playoff runs for losing in big games.

In reality, he is a MAJOR part of it.  He runs a very scripted and predictable offense and seems to pick the playoffs as the time he wants to be 'conservative.  Having said that, injuries and a deteriorating defense has also had a lot to do with it.  But Todd Haley also isn't the reason for Ben's success.  I love how you refer to Ben as being 87 years old when he isn't even the oldest QB in the league right now.  

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I love how you refer to Ben as being 87 years old when he isn't even the oldest QB in the league right now.  

Brees and Brady are the oldest QBs in the league at (soon to be) 40 aren't they?

To be fair, there is a difference between age and mileage.  I'd say that Ben is the oldest QB in the league in terms of the way he plays and the punishment he has sustained over the years compared to guys like Brees and Brady.  And let's be frank here, its quite clear that Ben is in no way the fitness or health nut that either of those guys are either.  He doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy motivated to play into his 40's whereas both Brees and Brady are guys who are literally obsessed with the game and doing whatever it takes to make sure they can still be at the top of their game despite their age.

Archived