Mychal Kendricks comp.....Gordon Gekko?

Bucketheadsdad

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

?? The dude is going to prison. 

It’s definitely possible, but it just seems premature to cut him imo.

Place him on a nonfootball related suspension, retain his rights.  Who knows, maybe he pleas out and doesn’t get a long stretch or just misses a year.  We retain his rights and it costs us nothing. We can always cut him later and recoup his salary if he does get locked up for a while.

Im not condoning what did, but idgaf tbh.  He’s not beating women or kids, not driving drunk and killing people, executing people, selling copious narcotics, etc like other players throughout the league have.  

It’s white collar crime FFS, no worse than what the Pilot President was convicted of....

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Right?

I mean Haslam involved in a "holier than thou" episode is choice.

Totally. If anything I think it would of kendricks a raise. Or maybe he got picked up off waivers by pilot flying j's? Chief strategist or something.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Place him on a nonfootball related suspension, retain his rights.  Who knows, maybe he pleas out and doesn’t get a long stretch or just misses a year.  We retain his rights and it costs us nothing. We can always cut him later and recoup his salary if he does get locked up for a while.

Im not condoning what did, but idgaf tbh.  He’s not beating women or kids, not driving drunk and killing people, executing people, selling copious narcotics, etc like other players throughout the league have.  

It’s white collar crime FFS, no worse than what the Pilot President was convicted of....

Exactly he is a football player. Not asking him to run a charity, we are asking him to smash people from the other team. Let's not pretend it is the highest virtue.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get both sides. They say he will likely serve 8-12 months. He is under contract for just one year. We save $5 million dollars.

What I don't like is that he was honest about it all and it seems that hurt him more than helped him and that is what is wrong with the world today. Lie and you have a chance but be honest about a mistake or wrong doing and we will see you later. I also don't think prison is a good punishment for these types of crimes, really stiff fines seem like the better deal. Or perhaps the option of serving 12 months or taking a fine of $2 million dollars (along with repayment). I would have to do the time but he wouldn't. It has also been awhile so he probably doesn't need rehabilitated he seems to be owning it and understands his wrong doing.

I hope, mostly just because of his approach, that he doesn't serve any time and has a good year playing football outside of the AFCN.

What is the timetable for his hearing? My guess is that will probably be after the season anyway.

I can tell you this cause the jail I work for we house alout of federal inmates that are awaiting trial on appeal etc. the one thing I have learned about the feds that even when you work with them or take a plea deal you’re probably gonna do some prison time, they aren’t known for just letting you walk away they come after you. And at a 95% successful conviction rate. He is probably SOL

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I get both sides. They say he will likely serve 8-12 months. He is under contract for just one year. We save $5 million dollars.

What I don't like is that he was honest about it all and it seems that hurt him more than helped him and that is what is wrong with the world today. Lie and you have a chance but be honest about a mistake or wrong doing and we will see you later. I also don't think prison is a good punishment for these types of crimes, really stiff fines seem like the better deal. Or perhaps the option of serving 12 months or taking a fine of $2 million dollars (along with repayment). I would have to do the time but he wouldn't. It has also been awhile so he probably doesn't need rehabilitated he seems to be owning it and understands his wrong doing.

I hope, mostly just because of his approach, that he doesn't serve any time and has a good year playing football outside of the AFCN.

What is the timetable for his hearing? My guess is that will probably be after the season anyway.

Yeah prison should be for people who are a threat to others in society, not for dudes like Kendricks and Martha Stewart.

6 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I can tell you this cause the jail I work for we house alout of federal inmates that are awaiting trial on appeal etc. the one thing I have learned about the feds that even when you work with them or take a plea deal you’re probably gonna do some prison time, they aren’t known for just letting you walk away they come after you. And at a 95% successful conviction rate. He is probably SOL

I don’t doubt he’ll do some time, but even if he does, it may be able to be done in the offseason, etc.  

It just seems like waiting until the facts come out and there’s a bit more figured out would be prudent.

As far as the money, it’s irrelevant.  If he pleads guilty, the Browns can recoup his money if the want.  Of course he may only get 6-8 months and he could contribute this year or next.

Archived