What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

The new internet challenge craze is people putting their vehicles in neutral and getting out and dancing. All I got to say about that is natural selection. 

ghost riding been commonplace in my neighborhood since i can remember 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

The new internet challenge craze is people putting their vehicles in neutral and getting out and dancing. All I got to say about that is natural selection. 

I saw this - so help me, if some little brat does this and hits my car, I'm going to ram an entire container of Tide Pods down their throats. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I saw this - so help me, if some little brat does this and hits my car, I'm going to ram an entire container of Tide Pods down their throats. 

Brats love candy though, so jokes on you

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

“new” 

been laughing at these idiots since the dawn of YouTube 

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

“new” 

been laughing at these idiots since the dawn of YouTube 

dude if i see anyone on social media doing a ******* "challenge" they get unfollowed/blocked on the internet and real life man. absolutely no to any of that. 

• Like 2

Just now, FinneasGage said:

dude if i see anyone on social media doing a ******* "challenge" they get unfollowed/blocked on the internet and real life man. absolutely no to any of that. 

*slowly returns to vehicle and puts it in drive*

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Isn’t that half the purpose of YT? New version of the Darwin Awards.

13 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

What about something like the ice bucket challenge where it’s harmless and being used to generate donations for a good cause?

and this was the only time a challenge was ever funny

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

What about something like the ice bucket challenge where it’s harmless and being used to generate donations for a good cause?

yeah I was happy to participate in that, but the bigger picture was to not only do the challenge, but also donate to the foundation fighting ALS, which I happily did. A lot of people just dumped ice on their head for fun to get likes on social media.

• Like 2

Just now, pwny said:

even worse. like those dudes that go around filming themselves being decent human beings by helping out a homeless dude and then posting it on social media. i doubt even 20% donated money in that ice bucket thing.

if you did that **** w/ the sole intent of raising money and spreading awareness, you get a pass. but even then.. do something else. just be a person, right lol? 

not to say i don't enjoy watching some people do **** like that one where it was drink a gallon of milk w/o puking... that was some quality content. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

yeah I was happy to participate in that, but the bigger picture was to not only do the challenge, but also donate to the foundation fighting ALS, which I happily did. A lot of people just dumped ice on their head for fun to get likes on social media.

The store I work for did exactly that, then challenged another store to get more people to do it and they did.

i don’t think either company donated anything lol

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i doubt even 20% donated money in that ice bucket thing.

True. One study showed that 10% of UK participants actually donated.

However - typically in a year, the ALS Association brings in less than $20M in donations. In one month, they brought in over $100M thanks to the challenge. The NIH budget for ALS is only $40M, so the $100M is pretty substantial. 

Using the money for research, UMMS was able to identify a third gene that is a cause for ALS.

I mean that seems like a good thing to me...