What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

For road trips, I've been listening to podcasts. Family and I drove to Florida last month, used it to listen to Ear Hustle, which is a podcast about life in prison (one of the hosts is a guy who is serving life at San Quentin).

Last week I drove to and from Dallas - used it to catch up on This American Life.

It's interesting, because it created some good dialogue between my wife and I - we'd start off talking about whatever the topic was, then segue into a ton of different things. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pwny said:

Yeah. Girlfriend and I are gonna be in a car for ~12 hours. Mostly want stuff that is upbeat or sing-a-long type stuff. Not really looking for obscure stuff or something with loads of depth.

Footloose, Mr. Brightside, Gold Digger, No Diggity type stuff. 

Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

Semi-Charmed Life - 3rd Eye Blind

Safety Dance

Chasing Waterfalls - TLC

No Scrubs - TLC

On the Road Again - Willie Nelson

Piss up a Rope - Ween

I Want a New Drug - Huey Lewis and the News

Bungalow Bill - Beatles

Show me the way to the next whiskey bar - the doors

Rainbow in the Dark - Dio

Edmund Fitzgerard - gordon lightfoot

Crossroads - Bone thugs and harmony

Pieces of You - Jewel

Spiderwebs - No Doubt

Money for Nothing - Dire Straights

We Die Young - Alice in Chains

Spoonman - Soundgarden

Wheres My Mind - Pixies

Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus

Pepper - Butthole Surfers

Somewhere over the rainbow/wonderful world - the fat hawaaian guy

Plateau - Nirvana

• Like 4

When I wasa kid I used to have the LOTR soundtrack (don’t remember which movie, maybe it was all of them) on CD and would listen to it when we went on road trips lol it’s surprisingly good music for adventuring, who’d have thunk. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

She's the real queen of modern pop.

Beyonce is the brothel worker who married a duke and acts bougie as a result.

Rihanna is the jester.

I've never seen a post that is so incredibly wrong - and I've debated posts on chemtrails, anti-vaccinatons and flat Earth.

I don't know whether to be scared or impressed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I've never seen a post that is so incredibly wrong - and I've debated posts on chemtrails, anti-vaccinatons and flat Earth.

I don't know whether to be scared or impressed.

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong.. Rihanna is still a dime.. but she's the trashy kind. She's the Omega to Tay-Tay's Alpha.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong.. Rihanna is still a dime.. but she's the trashy kind. She's the Omega to Tay-Tay's Alpha.

Tay-Tay looks and sounds like a 12 year old boy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Rihanna looks like she smells like cigarettes and stale weed, and I would be itchy a couple days after spending time with her.

... what's wrong with that?

Gotta get grimey some times, that's my motto.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

For road trips, I've been listening to podcasts. Family and I drove to Florida last month, used it to listen to Ear Hustle, which is a podcast about life in prison (one of the hosts is a guy who is serving life at San Quentin).

Last week I drove to and from Dallas - used it to catch up on This American Life.

It's interesting, because it created some good dialogue between my wife and I - we'd start off talking about whatever the topic was, then segue into a ton of different things. 

That’s part of the plan. We’re gonna finish a radio show we’ve been listening to, probably do a couple crime podcasts, but with 12-13 straight hours on the road - gonna need to have some upbeat music in there too. 

Every road trip worth remembering needs a moment like this

• Like 1