What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I don't know about where you are, but it's actually illegal for adults to ride bikes on the sidewalk in Chicago.

If a city is going to enact that ordinance, there should be bike lanes everywhere. That's a jerk move for everyone if there aren't. Regardless, I don't think it's difficult for both bicyclists and cars to be respectful of each other when there aren't bike lanes. Just give cars the room to pass.

Edited by jrry32

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Regardless, I don't think it's difficult for both bicyclists and cars to be respectful of each other when there aren't bike lanes. Just give cars the room to pass.

Agreed with this. I try to stay as far to the right as I safely can.

And while I do agree that bicyclists do some dumb crap, it's also ridiculous the number of people in vehicles who decide to use bike lanes to stop or to "beat the still traffic".

I've had people pull this nonsense and nearly hit me on more than a few occasions. 

• Like 1

Yea, there are a lot of terrible drivers out there. I make no excuses for those people. I'd say that they deserve to get a butt whooping, but Dante Fowler Jr. might not appreciate that. I don't want to make him angry.

Edited by jrry32

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Tomorrow is going to be a good day.  Taking the family to the County Fair to gorge on enough calories to kill a horse then dumping the kids off on a babysitter while the wife DD's for me when we go to a Whiskey Tasting party.

That sounds like a good time.

I'll be putting up a fence. Yaaayy...

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Speaking of bicycles, I hope y'all aren't the jerks who think you're as entitled to the road as automobiles. I hate those people. I'm not going to come into the bike lane. That's your space. Just stay out of my lane. My vehicle accelerates past 25 mph.

Do you have Amish folks around you? They're worse than bicycles. You can't have oncoming traffic to pass them. And they can only move so far out of the way.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Agreed with this. I try to stay as far to the right as I safely can.

And while I do agree that bicyclists do some dumb crap, it's also ridiculous the number of people in vehicles who decide to use bike lanes to stop or to "beat the still traffic".

I've had people pull this nonsense and nearly hit me on more than a few occasions. 

Honestly from that I could see how some drivers get confused considering the width of the lane as well as the lack of signs/text saying its a bike lane.

Obviously they're still at fault, but the town/city aught to paint "Bike Lane" or something onto it if they want more people to follow it.

50 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Do you have Amish folks around you? They're worse than bicycles. You can't have oncoming traffic to pass them. And they can only move so far out of the way.

I live near Amish country and haven't had any problem with them. Maybe the Amish are far more rude up in Michigan, but out in Lancaster they're fine for the most part.

52 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just run them over.

5 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I live near Amish country and haven't had any problem with them. Maybe the Amish are far more rude up in Michigan, but out in Lancaster they're fine for the most part.

They're not rude or anything. There are just a lot of them where I live.

But I did have a buggy pull out in front of me as I was turning left yesterday. And it was my turn to go.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

They're not rude or anything. There are just a lot of them where I live.

But I did have a buggy pull out in front of me as I was turning left yesterday. And it was my turn to go.

Gotcha, I thought you were saying they were pulling a GTA and flipping you off meanwhile ramming your car with their buggy.

2 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Gotcha, I thought you were saying they were pulling a GTA and flipping you off meanwhile ramming your car with their buggy.

Nah. But they DO go Pimp My Ride and have crazy stereos in their buggies. There are times when you can hear the bass from a buggy minutes before and after you actually see it.