What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Are you both contributing equally or at a different share?

And how will you factor in bills? How will you factor in furnishing the place? Do you want the house in both parties' name, with a co-signer on the loan? Do you trust the other person will be able to refinance for the remainder of the balance if you break up? If one person is going to be on the loan, what is the rent and do you have a sign rental agreement?

EDIT: These are annoying questions that all immediately become irrelevant if you marry beforehand.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Just now, skywlker32 said:

Guys, none of that is ultimately your business, but we have already worked that stuff out. It is pretty ridiculous to immediately judge my situation without knowing a thing about it.

No one's judging you.  We're just trying to help by providing tips/recommendations based on knowledge and experience that may help alleviate future problems should they arise in the future.  It's just like our opinions, man.

You always gotta do you, boo boo.

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Guys, none of that is ultimately your business, but we have already worked that stuff out. It is pretty ridiculous to immediately judge my situation without knowing a thing about it.

That's good to hear. If you're on the same page, no biggie. But obviously that's a lot of work to hammer out and some people don't discuss it beforehand, which is why if you post on a public website about buying a house with your girlfriend, someone might ask if you've done the logistics to give the purchase the structure you'd have like if you were married first.

There's no need to get defensive here man. No one has a dog in this fight.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's good to hear. If you're on the same page, no biggie. But obviously that's a lot of work to hammer out and some people don't discuss it beforehand, which is why if you post on a public website about buying a house with your girlfriend, someone might ask if you've done the logistics to give the purchase the structure you'd have like if you were married first.

There's no need to get defensive here man. No one has a dog in this fight.

It's more how you worded the initial reply. To try to overly simplify the communication and details down to ring or don't buy a house is the issue here. Giving constructive criticism is one thing, I did not take the initial reply as that at all.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah that's fair - my bad.

No worries, I do tend to be a little defensive about that whole thing with older people generally telling either of us that we gotta get married (even when it was us living in an apartment together).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Say bruh - this be the internet.

You better tell us everything, and I mean EVERYTHING

So, how'd you two meet? xD

Also - would she prefer a philly cheesesteak or a pulled pork sandwich with slaw? Or a cuban sandwich? What's her stance on nachos? Cheese curds?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Also - would she prefer a philly cheesesteak or a pulled pork sandwiche with slaw?

That's the only part that matters, right?

Just now, skywlker32 said:

No worries, I do tend to be a little defensive about that whole thing with older people generally telling either of us that we gotta get married (even when it was us living in an apartment together).

I get the same thing, and should be better about not passing it on. I've been quite literally preached to on Thanksgivings before. If we stay at my parent's place, they've been insistent on separate rooms. I'm doing the hotel thing if it doesn't change.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Also - would she prefer a philly cheesesteak or a pulled pork sandwich with slaw? Or a cuban sandwich? What's her stance on nachos? Cheese curds?

You leave your nonsense taste in food out of this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I get the same thing, and should be better about not passing it on. I've been quite literally preached to on Thanksgivings before. If we stay at my parent's place, they've been insistent on separate rooms. I'm doing the hotel thing if it doesn't change.

Yea, luckily my parents are good with it. Older coworkers have endless "wisdom" about the timeline I need to follow though.