What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

59 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Life is already expensive, and then we had a kid, that's even more expensive.

Just wait... Little clothes are cheap, they don't eat much when they're little, and the only things they have to do are what you tell them. 

When they get older, they need a lot more clothes, eat a lot, always have something to do that costs money, and need rides everywhere.

Having Kids is the least cost effective things you can do. It still somehow winds up being worth it.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Just wait... Little clothes are cheap, they don't eat much when they're little, and the only things they have to do are what you tell them. 

When they get older, they need a lot more clothes, eat a lot, always have something to do that costs money, and need rides everywhere.

Having Kids is the least cost effective things you can do. It still somehow winds up being worth it.  

Oh yeah, that's coming down the line, thankfully, at 18 months is the point where daycare becomes cheaper, we have cheap baby care, and toddler care will be even cheaper, $150 or so per week versus $350.

16 hours ago, pwny said:

That never happened, and no they don’t have to accept it.

Looked up the Apple story, and dang, I am gullible.  My loans are federally backed, so my understanding is that they would have to accept legal tender, being a government agency.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Court fines can be paid in coins and they have to accept it though, right? Or is even that BS?

Nah.  Most of the courts around here won't accept cash or personal checks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pwny said:

I don’t need $500k at once, man. I’m more than capable of carrying 60 pounds every time I want $100. 

I'd turn walking 60lb bags of pennies to the bank into a full time job for about a year. I don't want to store 300,000 lbs of pennies.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My loans are federally backed, so my understanding is that they would have to accept legal tender, being a government agency.

Nope. There’s nothing in the law that compels any agency to take any tender. If the government agency took the pennies, they have to treat it as the same as if it was paid in the same value of dollars towards your debt owed, but they don’t have to take the pennies. It can be used for any debts public or private, but it doesn’t have to be accepted.

Just now, pwny said:

Nope. There’s nothing in the law that compels any agency to take any tender. If the government agency took the pennies, they have to treat it as the same as if it was paid in the same value of dollars towards your debt owed, but they don’t have to take the pennies. It can be used for any debts public or private, but it doesn’t have to be accepted.

Hmm. Well, I still choose the pennies.

25 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'd turn walking 60lb bags of pennies to the bank into a full time job for about a year. I don't want to store 300,000 lbs of pennies.

Then, I'd have $500k in the bank along with a sick set of shoulders and calves.

Win/win/win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Then, I'd have $500k in the bank along with a sick set of shoulders and calves.

Win/win/win.

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

You could make some ankle and wrist weights that zip to store pennies.  A penny pouch sling for over the shoulders and a medicine ball full of pennies you throw around on the way there. You want a good paced walk, high knees and tossing that medicine a ball the whole way to the bank for your core strength, then you unload all the pennies and run home for your cardio.

You probably want 8 weeks off for this job. It's monotonous and physically demanding. 

300,000 lbs of pennies / 44 weeks ~ 6800 so we'll say you want to move 7,000 lbs a week and get you a little extra vacation.

1000 lbs of pennies a day. You get 2 days off still. That's really not bad. I bet you can fit 200 in all those pouches after you build up the strength. 5 trips to the bank and back is pretty easy unless you don't live in a city. 

Sign me up.

@pwny @MWil23 @LETSGOBROWNIES whoever it was that made the offer. I'll do it. Send the pennies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dome said:

You probably want 8 weeks off for this job. It's monotonous and physically demanding. 

300,000 lbs of pennies / 44 weeks ~ 6800 so we'll say you want to move 7,000 lbs a week and get you a little extra vacation.

1000 lbs of pennies a day. You get 2 days off still. That's really not bad. I bet you can fit 200 in all those pouches after you build up the strength. 5 trips to the bank and back is pretty easy unless you don't live in a city. 

Why are you walking to the bank and using wrist and ankle weights? Get a bunch of bags, fill like 5 of them with a hundred pounds each, set them in your car and drive to where you’re going. You could do this in a couple weekends. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Why are you walking to the bank and using wrist and ankle weights? Get a bunch of bags, fill like 5 of them with a hundred pounds each, set them in your car and drive to where you’re going. You could do this in a couple weekends. 

You lazy bum.

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

You could make some ankle and wrist weights that zip to store pennies.  A penny pouch sling for over the shoulders and a medicine ball full of pennies you throw around on the way there. You want a good paced walk, high knees and tossing that medicine a ball the whole way to the bank for your core strength, then you unload all the pennies and run home for your cardio.

Sign me up.

@pwny @MWil23 @LETSGOBROWNIES whoever it was that made the offer. I'll do it. Send the pennies.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Actually, yeah, if you're taking 8 weeks, people are stealing your pennies.  Unless of course the 500K in pennies comes with storage or security of some kind.  I live near too many meth heads to take 8 weeks moving my pennies.

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

You lazy bum.

Not about being lazy. How are you going to stop the news from running a news story covering the massive cache of pennies in your yard and then having people show up and steal everything in 40 weeks?

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Not about being lazy. How are you going to stop the news from running a news story covering the massive cache of pennies in your yard and then having people show up and steal everything in 40 weeks?

I want the publicity. I'll go all "March of Dimes" on 'em and turn this into a walk/jog for charity. Maybe I get some donations on top of it. If anyone steals it, donations will come flooding in. 

Soon as the money's in my bank, I'm gone. 

Then they run another story about how I took all the money and ran. Then I'm "meh" rich AND a supervillain, or at the very least a villian. 

Alternative idea, keep all the pennies in a room and charge people to Scrooge McDuck dive into the room. 

Make them all sign waivers so when they break their neck, you’re not liable.