What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

What would be the point? Just for different team names? They game would be Madden re-purposed. 

Whole different game play than Madden. The Dynasty mode is great, and you get new players every year anyway, so after a couple years you wouldn't even have the current players. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What would be the point? Just for different team names? They game would be Madden re-purposed. 

Well no.

Recruiting, working to keep players from bolting to the the draft, handling penalizations for academic infractions, building up a small school into a power house, starting as a low DI coach and building a career that culminates at a storied college. Plus you can play different play styles too. Option offenses, air raid offenses, etc. that just don’t work in a game designed for semi-realistic NFL gameplay are worked into plausible gameplay styles in a college game. And that’s just what was available when I played last with NCAA 2005. There’s a lot more that can be done two game system generations later.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Well no.

Recruiting, working to keep players from bolting to the the draft, handling penalizations for academic infractions, building up a small school into a power house, starting as a low DI coach and building a career that culminates at a storied college. Plus you can play different play styles too. Option offenses, air raid offenses, etc. that just don’t work in a game designed for semi-realistic NFL gameplay are worked into plausible gameplay styles in a college game. And that’s just what was available when I played last with NCAA 2005. There’s a lot more that can be done two game system generations later.

That's all you got? 

51 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

the recruiting/building element made that the funnest football game imo

Si. 

48 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Exactly. Having to get new recruits every year is much more fun than just drafting/trading players to build your team/program.

Senor.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Well no.

When I last played the game (probably NCAA 14) I started as the DC at Old Dominion, and 35+ seasons later was the most successful HC of all time. I had like 15 NCs and over a dozen Heisman winners between 8 or 9 different programs. One of the most fun parts for me was recruiting guys to fit my styles, and having to make the current players fit my styles until I could get my players in there. It made it more challenging and fun.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

When I last played the game (probably NCAA 14) I started as the DC at Old Dominion, and 35+ seasons later was the most successful HC of all time. I had like 15 NCs and over a dozen Heisman winners between 8 or 9 different programs. One of the most fun parts for me was recruiting guys to fit my styles, and having to make the current players fit my styles until I could get my players in there. It made it more challenging and fun.  

You also couldn’t just cheese your way to a title with any team either. I often play games as a way to just relax and not really put a lot of effort into them, so I’ll sometimes play one a level or two below what I can compete on, just to make it a relaxing experience, rather than tensely trying to eek out wins. Sometimes I just want to good off and put up 60 points with a weird spread/run shoot hybrid offense. 

With that in mind, one time I started a franchise/dynasty/whatever it was called back then as Marshall playing on Pro or whatever the equivalent was. Scheduled the preseason ranked 1-4 teams all on my schedule weeks 1-4 and my conference schedule after that. Played and blew out 4 straight #1 ranked teams. Didn’t even end up ranked after that stretch, and was only ranked 4th at the end of the season, so I didn’t even get a shot at the National Title despite having 11 blowout wins, 4 over elite teams and being the only undefeated team in college football. Had there been a playoff, I’m sure there was a legitimate reason to leave my team off as well. Had I continued to play, I’m sure I would have ended up in the conference Championship the following year, but there’s that legitimacy there that a team can only rise so far so quickly. In an NFL game, if you take any team to 2-0, they’re on the path to a potential playoff birth as long as you continue to play pretty well. Not necessarily the case with an NCAA game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Whole different game play than Madden. The Dynasty mode is great, and you get new players every year anyway, so after a couple years you wouldn't even have the current players. 

NCAA was always vastly superior to Madden. I still play the last game now and then despite it being outdated as hell. I haven't considered buying Madden since 2010.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

NCAA was always vastly superior to Madden. I still play the last game now and then despite it being outdated as hell. I haven't considered buying Madden since 2010.

If I still had my PS3 I'd still be playing it too. It's unfortunate they never made it for PS4. 

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

You also couldn’t just cheese your way to a title with any team either. I often play games as a way to just relax and not really put a lot of effort into them, so I’ll sometimes play one a level or two below what I can compete on, just to make it a relaxing experience, rather than tensely trying to eek out wins. Sometimes I just want to good off and put up 60 points with a weird spread/run shoot hybrid offense. 

With that in mind, one time I started a franchise/dynasty/whatever it was called back then as Marshall playing on Pro or whatever the equivalent was. Scheduled the preseason ranked 1-4 teams all on my schedule weeks 1-4 and my conference schedule after that. Played and blew out 4 straight #1 ranked teams. Didn’t even end up ranked after that stretch, and was only ranked 4th at the end of the season, so I didn’t even get a shot at the National Title despite having 11 blowout wins, 4 over elite teams and being the only undefeated team in college football. Had there been a playoff, I’m sure there was a legitimate reason to leave my team off as well. Had I continued to play, I’m sure I would have ended up in the conference Championship the following year, but there’s that legitimacy there that a team can only rise so far so quickly. In an NFL game, if you take any team to 2-0, they’re on the path to a potential playoff birth as long as you continue to play pretty well. Not necessarily the case with an NCAA game.

That was one thing I liked about it too. It made it more true to reality. When I started at ODU, it took like 5 good years (meaning like 7-8 wins) just to get into the top 25, and I left for another job before we ever got into the top 10. Even the years we'd finish in the 12-15 range, we'd start the next year unranked, and wouldn't be ranked until we had 4-5 wins over legitimate teams.