What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Also talking food, I learned to make the most amazing steak last weekend. So very simple too.

Cast iron pan was the best purchase I've ever made.  Just load it with salt and pepper and sear the **** out of it.  Baste with butter and garlic and it's incredible.

EDIT: Literally what Gordon does in that video you posted. 

Edited by flyers0909

9 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Cast iron pan was the best purchase I've ever made.  Just load it with salt and pepper and sear the **** out of it.  Baste with butter and garlic and it's incredible.

EDIT: Literally what Gordon does in that video you posted. 

I can't say I ever cooked a steak anywhere but a grill...

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I find that really, really hard to believe.

I had my doubts too. But seriously, follow what Ramsey and Oliver do in those videos, and it’ll put your grill steak to shame. I used Oliver’s olive oil and Ramsey’s butter technique. Better than any grilled steak I’ve ever had. Not even close either. 

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

I had my doubts too. But seriously, follow what Ramsey and Oliver do in those videos, and it’ll put your grill steak to shame. I used Oliver’s olive oil and Ramsey’s butter technique. Better than any grilled steak I’ve ever had. Not even close either. 

This.

I wouldn't waste a good steak on a grill tbh.

Basting with the butter, garlic and thyme is a must.

9 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

me & my gauges are distressed. was heavy into MM in middle school. 

I wasn’t, but my buddy was diehard so Mm earned a spot in my heart as well. Can’t stand his music or really his persona, seems like he’s kinda got a subtly funny thing to him in interviews and stuff.

52 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Was the Ramsey one sirloin? Idk much about steak but want to try that out tonight

Bad angles to see the steak (and I didn’t watch the whole video yet, so I don’t know if he ever says what it is) but the thin strip of fat running across the top makes me think New York Strip.

Grassfed-Beef-Strip-Steaks_Grass-FedBeef

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

Yessir. If I cook a steak indoors, it’s going in butter.

Also a chuck roast in a crock pot with an entire stick of butter left on top is amazing. It melts and runs through/down the sides of the chuck and eventually soaks into the potatoes underneath. 

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yessir. If I cook a steak indoors, it’s going in butter.

Also a chuck roast in a crock pot with an entire stick of butter left on top is amazing. It melts and runs through/down the sides of the chuck and eventually soaks into the potatoes underneath. 

That...that is so unhealthy. 

9 hours ago, iPwn said:

You probably cook over gas on a grill though.

Wood logs > Charcoal> Pan seared> > > Gas grill

But, the pan seared is also *BY FAR* the most fattening and unhealthy of the options.