What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Had a production issue with a vendor that our Operations team couldn't figure out for six months. Got involved, solved the problem in three days, with one day being a Holiday and two days stuck at home during this freeze. Resolved the issue with the vendor at midnight today.

Got a "wow, great job!" message from the President of the company, with my manager CCed on it. Manager just Sametimed me saying how I was the talk of their status meeting this morning.

This is me walking through the office now.

c02.gif

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

The videos are just funny. Cars in the ditch all over, cars sliding down hills. Just a good laugh.

Muh. People in the south are not used to, dont have cars/tires for it, and goverment doesnt have the equipment to fix it. I see people in the ditch all through winter. Northerners have a high and mighty idea of driving in the snow but most arnt all that good at it themselves. 

• Like 2

Just now, eagles101 said:

Muh. People in the south are not used to, dont have cars/tires for it, and goverment doesnt have the equipment to fix it. I see people in the ditch all through winter. Northerners have a high and mighty idea of driving in the snow but most arnt all that good at it themselves. 

No, people in big cities aren't good at it.
Never had any fun on dirt, and gravel roads in their days. Never had to drive around where the only plowing is peoples bumpers and snow that has been packed down from tires

Don't have cars/tires for it? It is called slowing down and using common sense.

27 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

No, people in big cities aren't good at it.
Never had any fun on dirt, and gravel roads in their days. Never had to drive around where the only plowing is peoples bumpers and snow that has been packed down from tires

Don't have cars/tires for it? It is called slowing down and using common sense.

I can tell you dont know what your talking about at all. People who think like toh are a dime a dozen honestly. Just nonsense superiority that has no bases in reality. If you cant comprehend how a mustang with worn out tires (which is perfectly acceptable in the south) cant handle any snow or ice no matter the speed then your opinion on snowy roads is just based ignorance. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

I can tell you dont know what your talking about at all. People who think like toh are a dime a dozen honestly. Just nonsense superiority that has no bases in reality. If you cant comprehend how a mustang with worn out tires (which is perfectly acceptable in the south) cant handle any snow or ice no matter the speed then your opinion on snowy roads is just based ignorance. 

No, worn out tires are not acceptable anywhere.
Doesn't matter.
More vulnerable to the elements with bald tires. Easier puncture or to just blow out.

Bald tires are not an excuse. No matter where you live. That is the persons own fault.

And yes I do. People drive around in the winter with mustangs, camaros, and other sorts of rear wheel drive tires around here.
You can still get around if you drive normal. While your grip level may be worse, if you slow down, and use some common sense, you can get from point A to point B.

41 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Yep it's funny when the dudes with 4wd talk as if winter driving is a risk free breeze and then a week later post a picture of their truck in a ditch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Yep it's funny when the dudes with 4wd talk as if winter driving is a risk free breeze and then a week later post a picture of their truck in a ditch. 

Most of them are still the idiot drivers that never figured out how to slow down and use a little common sense while driving on ice/snow.
Size of your vehicle, 4WD mean absolutely nothing.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

No, worn out tires are not acceptable anywhere.
Doesn't matter.
More vulnerable to the elements with bald tires. Easier puncture or to just blow out.

Bald tires are not an excuse. No matter where you live. That is the persons own fault.

And yes I do. People drive around in the winter with mustangs, camaros, and other sorts of rear wheel drive tires around here.
You can still get around if you drive normal. While your grip level may be worse, if you slow down, and use some common sense, you can get from point A to point B.

Im not talking about tires about to blow. But the level of tread needed for snowy icey conditions  is significantly higher than that needed in rainy conditions. Thats why northerner tire places get hammered in the winter. Even the tires you buy are different. Not a lot of need for high end all weather tires in sunny dallas. 

Then add in that the conditions there driving in are the worse it gets. Anyone with half a brain and experience in winter roads knows heavy snow cold snow is better then chilly light snow. Just like people mocking Atlanta a few years ago about it barely snowing. It wasnt the snow it was the massive ice sheet the road was. 

The massive superiority that northerns get about snow in the south is comical at best. I live in michigan which had a hundred car pile up last year (or the year before) driving like morons and still you hear this “hardy har har southerners dont know how to drive” people drive like reckless morons regardless. But id take my chances with a southerner that scared in the snow then a smug northerner who thinks hes above the dangers.

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

And you see it all the time around here, we slow down. All of a sudden you see people driving across country, from down south in the winter, still driving 70 on the interstate fly right by you, and end up in the ditch 10 miles later.

How fast should one drive in the snow on the interstate? Ignorant southerner here.

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guess a LOT and be wrong a LOT.

He’s the NFL’s version of a weatherman.

See, I think that is Todd McShay. I have a lot more respect for Mel Kiper than that bozo.

And in all honesty, all draft "gurus" are wrong. 32 players drafted in the first round, how many end up being worthy of that? The 2 consensus safest picks in recent years were Aaron Curry and Chance Warmack.

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Depends on the snow and car you drive. 

Normal sedan, like a typical Corolla let's say, "normal" snow conditions? Whatever that means? Like a slight downfall with a few inches on the ground?

Edited by cddolphin