What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I believe those names exist but not that you've encountered them yourself. The good thing about all this is after they're done getting bullied for 18 years they can just go off and change it to a real spelling 

"Hi, I'd like to get my name changed."
"And what's the reason."
"Did you look at my name in the first part of the application?"
"No...uh fair enough. Right this way. We'll waive the fee."

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

giphy.gif

Well, I guess you could feel free to not believe it. I've just scratched the surface. Take the Rabbit family (no, I don't have them, one of my coworkers from college does), who named their kids Peter, Jack, and Bunny. I would have asked Peter Rabbit if he got out of Mr. McGreggor's garden all right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There should be some sort of regulatory board that has to OK baby names, some of these kids are fighting an uphill battle from day one with these crazy names.

It's honestly embarrassing. I've started skipping names on role the first day and then asking "Did I miss anyone", so that a kid will raise his/her hand and say it out loud, whether it's pronunciation or a unique name. I've got a pretty good poker face thankfully. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There should be some sort of regulatory board that has to OK baby names, some of these kids are fighting an uphill battle from day one with these crazy names.

Free speech thing. 

I think you can use the kid's name as evidence that the parents are unfit to sue for custody, then the state can change the name. But that is only for stuff that's just crazy offensive like a neo-Nazi naming their kid Hitler or something.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Free speech thing. 

I think you can use the kid's name as evidence that the parents are unfit to sue for custody, then the state can change the name. But that is only for stuff that's just crazy offensive like a neo-Nazi naming their kid Hitler or something.

I wasn’t serious (kinda serious), but some folks need to quit acting like the person they are naming is a pet or always going to be a baby.

Someday La-a is going to apply for a job, walk into a board room, etc and that name will be held against her by some, right or wrong.

Give your kid a name that doesn’t handicap them in the real world.

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was interested in the same thing because it's an interesting question: how stupid can parents be before the government says they're so dumb it's illegal.

That's the problem.  People this dumb tend to work for the government, ever been to the DMV?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's the problem.  People this dumb tend to work for the government, ever been to the DMV?

tbh I've been in and out of my DMV in like 10 minutes the last 2 times I had to go. But I usually go at like 10:30 during a weekday when I don't have a work meeting or something.