What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Nah, just really don't like cilantro. It overpowers for me. Good salsa with cilantro tastes like cilantro to me. And I don't like cilantro. So, bleh. Gimme whatever it is you wanna put cilantro in without the cilantro and I'll probably love the hell out of it.

Eh...fair. This cilantro green sauce, however? It's basically like ranch with a hint of cilantro. I use it as a dipping sauce for my brisket nachos, but I"m sure if you were to douse them over the nachos, the result would be overpowering.

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

No you guys just pretend like im not making complete sense when i am. Im sure your feelings are just hurt/bothered by me posting here. 

Me? I'm honestly 99% sure I've legitimately never had any interactions with you. Feel free to keep on posting lol.

I understand your point, it's just not something I see. The foodie culture and an abundance of food pictures are just simply more interesting than the vast majority of facebook and/or instagram posts anyways. And I'm constantly on the lookout for a small, authentic hole-in-the-wall. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

No you guys just pretend like im not making complete sense when i am. Im sure your feelings are just hurt/bothered by me posting here. 

I feel like you're trying to make a fight out of something nobody is really fighting you on.

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I have the same internet as every one else, i have friends over right now and they all agree with me and we are all pulling up silly pics of fushion food ,.. i know im right. 

I think social media in general is silly. I don't care what you're doing or what you're eating. I don't care to share what I am doing or what I am eating either.

So, going to a movie tonight. :D

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Eh...fair. This cilantro green sauce, however? It's basically like ranch with a hint of cilantro. I use it as a dipping sauce for my brisket nachos, but I"m sure if you were to douse them over the nachos, the result would be overpowering.

Generally with ranch sauces I'll pass on. Don't really like mayo based things. Green sauce might be ok, but meh. I'll stick with the red for the most part.

All the food trucks in Portland are off the busiest streets, there are diesel trucks and cars driving by dropping suet where your eating lol. Going to stand outside eating my noodle plate while crazy people are coughing and some loser hipster is smoking paul malls next to me, its awful. 

And the food is never that great, people are just so bored and so dorky that anything that feels "street" to them is cool. 

Your going to get the best food in a restaurant, plane and simple. 

I live in the foot cart capitol of the United States... I have tried 100's over the years all the best award winning food carts and only few of them were truly really good. And the price you end up paying, i just could of went and sat down somewhere nice for a few bucks extra and had a proper dining experience. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

All the food trucks in Portland are off the busiest streets, there are diesel trucks and cars driving by dropping suet where your eating lol. Going to stand outside eating my noodle plate while crazy people are coughing and some loser hipster is smoking paul malls next to me, its awful. 

And the food is never that great, people are just so bored and so dorky that anything that feels "street" to them is cool. 

Your going to get the best food in a restaurant, plane and simple. 

I'll give you that you're probably going to run into more of the foodie hipster stuff where you live. I'm in the Great Plains, so pretty much all the food trucks here are legit. Usually not on the main drag, often in a quasi-sketchy neighborhood. We have a pretty big immigrant population here, all things considered, so yeah, we have legit food trucks.

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

I live in the foot cart capitol of the United States... I have tried 100's over the years all the best award winning food carts and only few of them were truly really good. And the price you end up paying, i just could of went and sat down somewhere nice for a few bucks extra and had a proper dining experience. 

Best part about food trucks for me is the ease of being able to order and pick something up in a minute or two.

Where with a restaurant it may take me 30-45 minutes to get fed.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Also, if I'm getting a burrito, I'm not worried about getting the "best" food. I just want greasy, delicious mexican food wrapped in a giant tortilla.

It's not real Mexican if it isn't sold off of the side of some grocery store in the middle of a somewhat sketchy neighborhood.

Just now, fretgod99 said:

Also, if I'm getting a burrito, I'm not worried about getting the "best" food. I just want greasy, delicious mexican food wrapped in a giant tortilla.

Agreed. I think with Mexican food, the best is always never "THE BEST" ... They would never path a health code inspector in a 100 years and there should be a small child  or baby in a crib or play pin in the back of kitchen or its not the real deal.