What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Pretty much. I'm sure nobody cares about most of what I post. But I do it anyway.

I don't use any other social media, so this is my only place to post random things I feel like saying. It's better to post them here anyway, without having to worry about people who know you reading too deeply into whatever you're saying. It's a much better audience in here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Sure. But how’s that different from Twitter?

And maybe more importantly, if we’re agreeing they’re kinda the same thing, what makes it bad?

I honestly have no clue, I’ve never been on Twitter other than following a link or something.

I just don’t think the driver behind most content here is self promotion and narcissism as much as folks just looking for teh lulz and, on occasion, sports talk with mostly informed posters.

I’d imagine the rules and moderation would make the content and dialogue pretty different, but again, I’m no expert on Twitter, just going by past experiences with Facebook.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I honestly have no clue, I’ve never been on Twitter other than following a link or something.

I just don’t think the driver behind most content here is self promotion and narcissism as much as folks just looking for teh lulz and, on occasion, sports talk with mostly informed posters.

I’d imagine the rules and moderation would make the content and dialogue pretty different, but again, I’m no expert on Twitter, just going by past experiences with Facebook.

1. The driver behind my posts is narcissism.
2. I'm an excellent narcissist. 

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The lack of rules and moderation allow for more idiots to push the bounds further than they can here, but the normal use case isn’t that different between the two imo 

I don’t think the driving for either is predominantly self promotion or narcissism. Just a general sense that people like to be acknowledged. And it’s - for the most part - not a bad thing. Are there some that do stupid things? Sure, but it’s not the normal way things operate.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

The lack of rules and moderation allow for more idiots to push the bounds further than they can here, but the normal use case isn’t that different between the two imo 

I don’t think the driving for either is predominantly self promotion or narcissism. Just a general sense that people like to be acknowledged. And it’s - for the most part - not a bad thing. Are there some that do stupid things? Sure, but it’s not the normal way things operate.

That’s fair.

I seriously don’t know what I’m going to be doing with myself for the next year.

(here’s that narcissism get people to talk to me post)

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

so anyway, what are peoples vacation plans this summer?

im going on a carribean cruise in august

I’m going to be going to Texas once a month for the next year. Goody.

6 minutes ago, MathMan said:

why only a year?

some sort of college program?

Yeah. It’s basically a residency program so she can finish her doctorate. She went out of state to get a paid program, because all the ones around here are non-paid.