Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm bummed too but at least we kept him. Kumerow would have helped instantly on offense. We now have 2 open spots.

How many targets do you think he would've gotten? Adams, JG, Cobb, G-Mo will get most of the targets anyways. Someone will be banged up or possibly on IR by week 8. perfect time to bring him back.

3 minutes ago, Cheech said:

No.  Just a cramp vs. KC.

I think he'll be a PS addition with some bigger incentives to stick around.  TW and House won't be here forever.  He's already the 6th CB.  Gute isn't spending more high draft picks on CB in the near future, so the kid has a chance this season.  If not, next for sure.

You're probably right, but why didn't they just cut him Saturday then? 

Just now, St Vince said:

How many targets do you think he would've gotten? Adams, JG, Cobb, G-Mo will get most of the targets anyways. Someone will be banged up or possibly on IR by week 8. perfect time to bring him back.

It isn't unrealistic to think he would have pushed Allison for snaps.  

Still, I'm glad he's going to be an option going forward.

Just now, St Vince said:

Personally I think he would (or should) have pushed GMo for playing time as the No. 3, but oh well. This move at least says he is in the Packers' plans, otherwise they would have IR'd/waived him yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Freakish athlete, drafted in the 5th round by Seattle in 2012. Has had some decent production with the Chargers.

Toomer's been released by six different teams, including the Chargers and then the 49ers, and turns 30 during the season.  Presumably a ST guy?  Perhaps a bubble guy for when Jones comes back? 

Heh heh, good chance he'll be on the"look-how-much-turnover" list for cutdown 2019!  :)  

8 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I think he'll be a PS addition with some bigger incentives to stick around.  TW and House won't be here forever.  He's already the 6th CB.  Gute isn't spending more high draft picks on CB in the near future, so the kid has a chance this season. 

Agree with this.

Just now, craig said:

Was Toomer cut on Saturday?  Or did he make the initial, they claimed somebody yesterday, and he got waived yesterday?  

He was cut yesterday but wasn't subject to waivers. Toomer is a solid journeyman player. I might like him better than Morrison tbh.

Might be interesting to see whether the Packers add Waters or Pipkens or both to their PS.

Having only 5 corners, with one of them being habitually-injured House, is a short position group.  Or maybe I'm misperceiving, and only feel that way because with having so many developmental UDFA's over the past three years, they've just been keeping long CB group in hopes that somebody would emerge?  

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't understand how "hiding" him for a day on the 53 keeps another team that really likes him from claiming him. What's the strategy?

I suspect he was the 53rd best player, and gets cut to add the linebacker.  

There must be a replacement for Kumerow out there, whether it is Ripkowski or someone else.

They will always keep 53 on the initial roster, then cut bottom of the roster guys to claim players from other teams.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Toomer is a solid journeyman player. I might like him better than Morrison tbh.

Let me know when Toomer comes up with 109 tackles in a season.
He might be all sort of measurables - and thats good - but his stat line doesnt match up to Morrison's - and its the stat line that indicates production and worth.

Archived