Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, riceman80 said:

Best take i've heard all day is from Levi Damien...

Its like you scratched a lotto ticket, hit the jackpot, then gave it to someone in exchange for a couple more lottery tickets.

SMH

yyyyyyyyep

You draft players hoping to land a Mack. You dont land a Mack and then trade him for two more chances to land a Mack.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The only bright side is that it's in the NFC. And the bears weren't as much of a sure thing as the Packers so there's a small chance that the draft picks will be higher.

Sure the FO were glad NFC Teams were interested too. 

Got to put a lot of hope into the Draft now. Reggie and Gruden got to get it right. 

4 hours ago, game3525 said:

Mark Davis has to be broke. 

Anyway, great day for Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers fans. Mack is out of the division and conference.

As a Raider fan I also think it takes away chemistry and has us finishing last in the division. ARGH!!!

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Haha, if Khalil Mack got traded to the Niners, I think there's a chance Russell Wilson would legitimately die next year.  Aaron Donald/Suh + Mack four times in one season. 

I would legit get a life insurance policy on him.

Just now, PFM18 said:

Sure the FO were glad NFC Teams were interested too. 

Got to put a lot of hope into the Draft now. Reggie and Gruden got to get it right. 

This years draft was my favorite since 2014 because they collaborated on the picks and Guenther's defense clearly outlined what they needed. I like the staff a lot. But this is an awfully big leap of faith. Gruden is making the ultimate bet on himself. It could be an epic disaster, or not, but either way, I don't think we're a contending team right now, even with Mack, in Gruden's eyes.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not bashing Mack or his agent here, but how the hell do they think Mack is worth more than Donald!? If his contract is bigger than Donald's as it's being speculated that will shock me quite a bit.

Heres the other question. How many teams in the NFL have 2 players on their roster they are paying 100+million. Thats what the Raiders were dealing with. Were they really going to lock up 225+million over the next 5 years to Carr/Mack? Basically handicapping themselves to make any other significant acquisitions?

There is a reason guys like Donald/Mack/Miller are all getting paid franchise QB money. Neither 3 guys are getting paid by a team that has significant amount of money invested in the QB position. The Raiders already had franchise QB money wrapped up in Carr and I dont think the teams that are paying their QBs 100+million can afford the top tier defensive players longterm.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

What is the compensation? Can anyone tell me? I'm hearing 2 firsts and maybe other picks, but also a player?

We know 2 1st's were involved, but we don't know who the player is that Chicago have given up or any other picks for definite. 

Archived