Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Funny how obsessed a lot of you were with Jackson going into the season, even though you knew his tackling was average and his speed was terrible... and now, Packers fans are already sick of him. I can’t say I blame him. His rookie year has been a dumpster fire

And you said you'd be pounding the table for Rosen if we didn't have Tru, who has also been a dumpster fire at the most important position (and I don't think either of us were high on Long at his pick immediately, though his rookie year was stellar). It's too early to tell, and neither can really be known for being wrong yet. Ignore the rookie years, we have seen from Tru and a host of other guys that there is a lot more than one season needed before judging a guy, and it was pretty well known that Jackson was going to need time to adjust.

Though I agree with Supe he should be a boundary CB, not at NB. Literally nothing about his game fits that spot. As for GB's fans, remember they are also split on Rodgers too. Having the rare losing season has many of them being insane with their claims.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Funny how obsessed a lot of you were with Jackson going into the season, even though you knew his tackling was average and his speed was terrible... and now, Packers fans are already sick of him. I can’t say I blame him. His rookie year has been a dumpster fire

For the record, I wasn't one of the people super high on Jackson, at least not for our draft position, and I was desperately hoping Ward would fall to us as my preference over Roquan (who is both much better and worse than expected I suppose.... better being he's already over 100 tackles on the season, and worse via some lapses in coverage and my disdain over how he handled his contract).

The comment you are referring to was based off of what Jackson had been doing at the time, which was ballhawking all over the field in I believe it was preseason at the time, leading up to the first game....

And my concerns where entirely justified, rumors that GB had been getting tons of flashes from a ballhawking corner we didn't really get a lot of scouting data on at the NFL level, combined with Trubisky essentially still being a rookie (or worse than a rookie if you count learning under Fox as a negative towards his development) in a new offensive system.  We know now how their season has actually turned out vs how ours has. Preseason play can be misleading at times.... Our preseason led me to believe that Shaheen and Burton where going to be among our top 2 receivers and we'd befrequently running out of double TE sets..... Instead we've gotten half a season of Burton being good, half a season of him being sub par, us trying to repeatedly use Sims as a receiving threat for some random reason, and Shaheen only getting goal line usage even since being healthy.

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

For the record, I wasn't one of the people super high on Jackson, at least not for our draft position, and I was desperately hoping Ward would fall to us as my preference over Roquan

In my real time draft I got Davenport in the 1st and Landry in the 2nd. Now I wonder if I could have packaged Landry, a first, and lower round pick to make the trade to get Mack. As I was a guy with an optimistic hope we would make a play to try and get him, or at least drive up the cost for someone else to get him. 

This is the crap that gets stuck in my head for days at a time, that I'll never have a real answer to, but I wish I did. Lol

9 hours ago, G08 said:

So the fact that the NFL officials have only called ONE holding call on an offense blocking Khalil Mack doesn't piss anyone else off?

You read how we all ***** about it every game. Lol. 

It really is insane though, he is getting the same treatment Shaq got in the paint.  It has to be so egregious it forces them to call the penalty.  

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

And you said you'd be pounding the table for Rosen if we didn't have Tru, who has also been a dumpster fire at the most important position (and I don't think either of us were high on Long at his pick immediately, though his rookie year was stellar). It's too early to tell, and neither can really be known for being wrong yet. Ignore the rookie years, we have seen from Tru and a host of other guys that there is a lot more than one season needed before judging a guy, and it was pretty well known that Jackson was going to need time to adjust.

Though I agree with Supe he should be a boundary CB, not at NB. Literally nothing about his game fits that spot. As for GB's fans, remember they are also split on Rodgers too. Having the rare losing season has many of them being insane with their claims.

What's driving me nuts abou the Jackson usage is in the preseason they allowed him to play the boundary, and he shut down that side of the field.  He did the same thing that he did at Iowa, which was have numbers that showed you were better off throwing the ball into the dirt every snap than trying to throw to his side.  The fact that they have forced him to play nickel nearly the entire time that hes been on the field is sickening. I mean if you arent going to utilize his skillset and just drive down his value, release him and let him go to someone that's going to let him play to his strengths.  Yeah it's good for us that Pettine is routinely trying to force the square peg in the round hole. But it's horrible for a kid who deserves a chance to succeed.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

.. Our preseason led me to believe that Shaheen and Burton where going to be among our top 2 receivers and we'd befrequently running out of double TE sets..... Instead we've gotten half a season of Burton being good, half a season of him being sub par, us trying to repeatedly use Sims as a receiving threat for some random reason, and Shaheen only getting goal line usage even since being healthy.

I think that was the plan.   Not necessarily for TEs to be leading receivers. The double tight is easier to run RPOs and run the ball generally.  Better way to train a young QB on the concepts and control a game at same time. That was going to be starting point and work into more 11 personnel reads as season progressed.  Shaheens injury threw a monkey wrench in all of that.

Shaheen is back, but has had few reps together with QB now.  Can’t just pick up where you left off.  Too much time has passed and reps are a lot fewer in season. Have to ease back into some things they worked on earlier.  

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I said "pounding the table?" I don't recall. I do know that I liked Rosen and Mayfield best, yes.

Rosen's been awful but his RB looks satisfied, their OL sucks, their head coach is a dope and their weapons are about as talented as you and I.

Regardless, it looks like Mayfield was the best option.

Generally speaking it’s okay to be wrong about a prospect.  No need to call people out unless it’s in good fun. 

Everyone is and has been from time to time.

Doesn't make you a bad judge of talent unless it happens all the time. 

It’s a batting average.  And honestly as fans we don’t have time to properly evaluate anyone. We can’t interview them. Do back ground checks. Work them out. Talk to their coaches. Watch them practice. We can watch some cut ups and that’s it. 

Even those with all that info mess up about 30 or 40% of time.  

And you could have been right if it was in one circumstance and wrong in another and we’ll never know.  

You can’t predict a depression. Or a crime. Or a random injury. Or what a coach will do  with any certainty.  

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You can’t predict a depression. Or a crime. Or a random injury. Or what a coach will do  with any certainty.  

WRONG. See John Fox 2015-2017   We could all predict exactly what he would do with lots of certainty

Fun note:  check out the Wiki preview for John Fox , it claims his past teams coached didn't include the Bears (debatable) and that his current position is offensive lineman at Arkansas state (big if true)

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

WRONG. See John Fox 2015-2017   We could all predict exactly what he would do with lots of certainty

Fun note:  check out the Wiki preview for John Fox , it claims his past teams coached didn't include the Bears (debatable) and that his current position is offensive lineman at Arkansas state (big if true)

You know what’s funny is I used to post in a coaching forum all the time and I had a buddy there that was a giant Broncos fan. 

He predicted almost exactly what both Cutler and Fox would be like in Chicago before  either got here.  

Well, when you watch and analyze your team all fall you sometimes can see the forest and the trees!  That's why I found so much of the Trubisky criticism from non-Bears fan's confusing.  Some of it was just "he sucks cause I said he sucked before the draft and here's the screenshot to prove it" which was dumb, but the "can't throw this way" or "his receivers get all the YAC" stuff which was just flat out wrong, and more importantly missed his actual faults which you can at least provide some evidence for discussion about. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I said "pounding the table?" I don't recall. I do know that I liked Rosen and Mayfield best, yes.

Rosen's been awful but his RB looks satisfied, their OL sucks, their head coach is a dope and their weapons are about as talented as you and I.

Regardless, it looks like Mayfield was the best option.

That wasn't really a compliment but made be feel damn good. lol

Yeah he is in a crap situation, comparable to what Tru was last year. I was roasted for liking the 2017 class's big 4 more than any of the 2018 Qb class (prior to Kizer having his meltdown midseason). Rosen was my favorite of this class, because long term I think Mayfield will be more inconsistent.

So far Mayfield has completely exceeded my expectations, though the offense is far more talented than I expected them to be too.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That wasn't really a compliment but made be feel damn good. lol

Yeah he is in a crap situation, comparable to what Tru was last year. I was roasted for liking the 2017 class's big 4 more than any of the 2018 Qb class (prior to Kizer having his meltdown midseason). Rosen was my favorite of this class, because long term I think Mayfield will be more inconsistent.

So far Mayfield has completely exceeded my expectations, though the offense is far more talented than I expected them to be too.

You seem to be wrong a lot and feel defensive when it is pointed out.  

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

Why are you here?

Troll, he hasn't pointed a single instance of me being wrong yet, and apologized to me by quoting that "I" accepted his apology. It was weird AF. hahaha

Either he is a troll or an old man that age has already started taking it's toll on his brain. Honestly Bearable didn't even seem so... slow.

Archived