Week 1 GDT: Titans vs. Dolphins

titans0021

7 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

FWIW Cosel thinks Lewis could be a good mismatch for the Titans on Sunday. He said the Miami LBs should have a tough time with him 

Lewis & Walker both.

Very curious how the Dolphins D lines up, and who covers whom. Three of the guys who will be primarily responsible for covering RBs and TEs are new to the team: FS/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, LBs Jerome Baker & Raekwon McMillan, and all are young and inexperienced. Surely they'll do better than Kiko Alonso...?

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Lewis & Walker both.

Very curious how the Dolphins D lines up, and who covers whom. Three of the guys who will be primarily responsible for covering RBs and TEs are new to the team: FS/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, LBs Jerome Baker & Raekwon McMillan, and all are young and inexperienced. Surely they'll do better than Kiko Alonso...?

It's in the Titans' DNA to not exploit mismatches. We could be going against a CB who's blindfolded and we wouldn't throw his direction. Optimistically hoping that our new staff actually seeks out mismatches.

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It's in the Titans' DNA to not exploit mismatches. We could be going against a CB who's blindfolded and we wouldn't throw his direction. Optimistically hoping that our new staff actually seeks out mismatches.

Mularkey would run Demarco into the middle of the Dolphins D 40 times.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

if we don't have landry/morgan for week 1, i'm at least hopeful we can get them back in another week or two. evans i'm iffy on....i'd rather see him held out longer if it means we can have him healthy down the stretch.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

It stems even before Mularkey, though. I feel like I’ve watched multiple pregame shows over the year saying something like “X team has their third string corner starting against the titans”, only for us to never throw that way

37 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It stems even before Mularkey, though. I feel like I’ve watched multiple pregame shows over the year saying something like “X team has their third string corner starting against the titans”, only for us to never throw that way

i mean.....fisher and whisenhunt 

i don’t even think i need to elaborate

edit: lmao i forgot entirely about munchak, poor guy, but he was so in over his head that it makes sense 

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That may well be how you beat this Miami team. Obviously we can only go off the paper depth chart and the preseason, but here were my thoughts I posted in the Miami GDT:

Miami will win if: They get enough explosive offensive plays to force the Titans to pass the ball to play keep up. 3-and-outs need to be minimized, stay in 3rd and manageable, keep Tannehill upright. Let him distribute the balls to the right guys and let the speedy guys (Wilson, Stills, Drake) take short/intermediate passes and turn them to explosive gains. Don't abandon the run game and let Drake do work against the right defensive fronts.

Miami will lose if: The Titans pound the rock consistently and successfully. 6/7 minute scoring drives and keeping Tannehill on the bench is the worst way this game can go, and the Titans have the personnel to make it happen. Burke needs to put his secondary in the right position to force turnovers, and hope his DTs and LBs hold up in the run game.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

if we don't have landry/morgan for week 1, i'm at least hopeful we can get them back in another week or two. evans i'm iffy on....i'd rather see him held out longer if it means we can have him healthy down the stretch.

I'm probably being super irrational, but I have a weird feeling that Sharif Finch could have a Carlos Hall circa 2002 season this year. Mostly ignored guy with some physical skills and a good set of moves playing behind better talent. I'm hoping to see him get some run on 3rd downs this first month and surprise some people. 

28 minutes ago, VY said:

I'm probably being super irrational, but I have a weird feeling that Sharif Finch could have a Carlos Hall circa 2002 season this year. Mostly ignored guy with some physical skills and a good set of moves playing behind better talent. I'm hoping to see him get some run on 3rd downs this first month and surprise some people. 

Correa had a good preseason maybe we also catch lightning in a bottle with him too

44 minutes ago, VY said:

i sure hope so. the state of our pass rush right now is worrying.

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5710/derrick-morgan

Derrick Morgan said he’s playing Sunday according to someone on ESPN ?

As I said before, I have no idea why he wouldn't. He's exploding out of the stance hitting pads in practice. I mean maybe there's some concern with his bend on the knee or maybe taking a block there, but doing that kind of work in practice implies his knee can't be that bad off right now.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

As I said before, I have no idea why he wouldn't. He's exploding out of the stance hitting pads in practice. I mean maybe there's some concern with his bend on the knee or maybe taking a block there, but doing that kind of work in practice implies his knee can't be that bad off right now.

surprising if it's the same injury that kept rishard matthews out so long, but maybe we were just being cautious to a fault during preseason.

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

surprising if it's the same injury that kept rishard matthews out so long, but maybe we were just being cautious to a fault during preseason.

Yeah, I'd lean on the latter there. Orakpo and Morgan sat out pretty much all of training camp with injuries they'd be playing through in the regular season I'd bet.

Archived