Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

23 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Watson or Mayfield? 

What do you need? I know the playoffs are on the line for most. 

Watson has the highest ceiling(6 games above 20 points but 4 with 11 or less)

Mayfield has the highest floor, (3 games of 14 or less, 0 under 11 but only 2 above 20) not counting his game vs the Jets where he didn't start

Cincy has the worse defense for what its worth

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Would you start Burton over Brate knowing MT won't play? I know Burton could get alot of underneath stuff but is Chase Daniel REALLY going to give him a decent amount of looks?

If I had the option I wouldn't (yes, I realize the Bears game just started).  I'm not dropping Burton to pick up Brate, though I do think that Brate is a Top 10 TE rest of season as long as Jameis stays the starter.

So, I had OJ Howard as my regular starter in my Big Money league (currently the #1 seed) and missed out on picking up Brate (I can't fault my friend's wife for this move, she was playing defense against an opponent who has Jimmy Graham).  I'm making a calculated move right now that probably wouldn't be possible if not for this being Thanksgiving weekend and there being three Thursday games (where I have about 1/3 of my roster playing in).  I picked up Gerald Everett who's on bye.  I still have the ability to make a move for TE to play on Sunday if it looks like I need it (I can TD hunt with someone like Dickson or Herndon if it came to it), but at last this way I've got a more playoff-viable TE next week and moving forward also.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

If I had the option I wouldn't (yes, I realize the Bears game just started).  I'm not dropping Burton to pick up Brate, though I do think that Brate is a Top 10 TE rest of season as long as Jameis stays the starter.

I'm currently rostering 2 TEs and started Brate because I didn't believe in Burton now and figured Chicago would use the RBs alot. I'm glad I didn't start Burton.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

So, I had OJ Howard as my regular starter in my Big Money league (currently the #1 seed) and missed out on picking up Brate (I can't fault my friend's wife for this move, she was playing defense against an opponent who has Jimmy Graham).  I'm making a calculated move right now that probably wouldn't be possible if not for this being Thanksgiving weekend and there being three Thursday games (where I have about 1/3 of my roster playing in).  I picked up Gerald Everett who's on bye.  I still have the ability to make a move for TE to play on Sunday if it looks like I need it (I can TD hunt with someone like Dickson or Herndon if it came to it), but at last this way I've got a more playoff-viable TE next week and moving forward also.

I like the move as Everett probably has more upside than anyone available so good call there and taking the wait and see approach is a good call. Is there any chance you fall out of getting a 1st round bye with a loss? I feel like that is the goal, no sense in dropping someone worth having for the playoffs 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like the move as Everett probably has more upside than anyone available so good call there and taking the wait and see approach is a good call. Is there any chance you fall out of getting a 1st round bye with a loss? I feel like that is the goal, no sense in dropping someone worth having for the playoffs 

We don't do a 1st round bye, but we do pay out the Regular Season winner - which would make me my buy-in back and have me playing for all gravy in the playoffs.

If I lose this week, depending on what my point outlay is, I'll still be in 1st place, but I'd have to win next week to ensure the #1 seed (and payout).  If I win this week, I lock up that seed.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We don't do a 1st round bye, but we do pay out the Regular Season winner - which would make me my buy-in back and have me playing for all gravy in the playoffs.

If I lose this week, depending on what my point outlay is, I'll still be in 1st place, but I'd have to win next week to ensure the #1 seed (and payout).  If I win this week, I lock up that seed.

What does your team look like?

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What does your team look like?

QB: Wentz (vs NYG)

WR: Davante Adams (@ MIN)

WR: Kenny Golladay (vs CHI): 4 pts

RB: Zeke Elliott (vs WAS): 8 pts (currently)

RB: Christian McCaffrey (vs SEA)

TE: Gerald Everett (bye)

WR/TE: Allen Robinson (@ DET): 1 pt (I screwed up and thought I had him benched for Josh Gordon but didn't hit "Submit" apparently)

WR/RB: James Conner (@ DEN)

K: Will Lutz (vs ATL)

D/ST: Chargers (vs ARI)

Bench: Deshaun Watson (vs TEN) - who I'd likely be dropping for a TE if I needed one; I'm dropping him after this week for Denver's defense anyway, Josh Gordon (@NYJ), Sony Michel (@NYJ)

"Standard" scoring (basically no PPR, there's some weirder rules in there where Rush/Rec yards score in 20 yard increments, passing yards in 50 yard increments, and all TD's are 6 points).

Archived