Who to Start/Sit Thread: Help Us, Help You

JaguarCrazy2832

9 hours ago, N4L said:

First week of playoffs. I have a decision to make at FLEX:

.5ppr

Gronk @ MIA (they always seem to lose there)

Golladay @ ARI

Justin Jackson vs CIN (on waivers but I have the highest waiver)

Spencer Ware @ BAL 

Ive got Kittle locked into the TE spot. diggs, gurley, Ajones, BCooks are my other skill pos players. Not feeling great about Diggs just because I dont trust that offense right now and he seems to be hurt.. 

Also .5ppr: (different league)

Michel @ MIA

Justin Jackson vs CIN

Jeff Wilson JR vs DEN

I'd roll with Gronk and Michel. Although Kenny G vs the Cards is tempting. I worry about him getting shadowed by Patrick Peterson

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I have Goff and the Bears defense. 

Would I be retarded if I sat Goff this week? (playoff match up) for a streaming option? On the wire there's...

1. Baker Mayfield vs Carolina
2. Lamar Jackson @ Kansas City
3. Matthew Stafford @ Arizona 
4. Josh Allen vs New York (Jets)
5. Derek Carr vs Pittsburgh 

Am I overthinking things? Goff did not look good last week vs the Lions. 

Probably stick with Goff. Only one that I would think twice about would be maybe Baker. But if I'm going to go out, I'd rather go out playing my stud then trying to get cute and stream somebody and have it blow up in my face.

16 hours ago, N4L said:

First week of playoffs. I have a decision to make at FLEX:

.5ppr

Gronk @ MIA (they always seem to lose there)

Golladay @ ARI

Justin Jackson vs CIN (on waivers but I have the highest waiver)

Spencer Ware @ BAL 

Ive got Kittle locked into the TE spot. diggs, gurley, Ajones, BCooks are my other skill pos players. Not feeling great about Diggs just because I dont trust that offense right now and he seems to be hurt.. 

Also .5ppr: (different league)

Michel @ MIA

Justin Jackson vs CIN

Jeff Wilson JR vs DEN

I think Ware and Michel are the way to go. Ware will get a ton of opportunities and probably scores. KC just scored too much not to start guys starting in that offense

Michel has the highest floor. Jackson was almost too efficient scoring 14 points with just 8-9 touches. Wilson is my #1 priority but you know what you got with Michel

9 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I have Goff and the Bears defense. 

Would I be retarded if I sat Goff this week? (playoff match up) for a streaming option? On the wire there's...

1. Baker Mayfield vs Carolina
2. Lamar Jackson @ Kansas City
3. Matthew Stafford @ Arizona 
4. Josh Allen vs New York (Jets)
5. Derek Carr vs Pittsburgh 

Am I overthinking things? Goff did not look good last week vs the Lions. 

The fact you have the Bears DST shouldn't matter. I unfortunately have Goff this week but I think you have to start him. 

9 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

OK important week here. PPR league.

Brees or Rivers?

Rams or Texans D?

Flex, pick 2(we have 2 flex spots)

Mixon, A. Jones, D. Cook, Boyd, Landry, DJ Moore, or Spencer Ware?

I have Mixon & Jones in there right now but I'm wondering what others here think. 

Thanks guys in advance!

I hate you for that QB "problem" you got there. I'd go with Brees though. He has had the better year and TB is swiss cheese on defense(I know Cincy sucks too)

If Daniel plays then I'd start the Rams but if not then I'd go Houston

Mixon and A Jones

8 hours ago, Obsidian311 said:

Pick 3. 

PPR

Ekeler

Ware

Lindsay (No Brainer)

Drake

I'd put Ware in the non-brainer category too just because of his offense and they will give him the ball a good amount. Drake and Ekeler are tough. I don't really trust either but Drake seems to catch a decent amount of passes and Austin didn't exactly shine in his games without Gordon

@N4L

@holt_bruce81

@Incarcerated_Scarface

@Obsidian311

So despite losing Hunt to stupidity I won my 1st matchup in the playoffs but my opponent's team is ridiculous!

Brees-Gurley-Chubb-Conner(dont worry, he has Lindsay too with Conner out)-Juju-D.Adams-Kittle-Jags DST

How the heck am I supposed to beat that?

I need advice across the board, I feel like I have a strong team but his is crazy: Standard Scoring

Goff @ Chicago or Baker vs Carolina? I know I just said go Goff, but does he have the highest ceiling? I feel like that is what I need to start

Flex and #2 WR:

Gus Edwards vs KC: He is hurting, might be playing from behind a lot, doesn't catch passes in a catchup game and his ceiling seems low...

Adam Humphries vs New Orleans, he has a juicy matchup and a strong rapport with Winston. They should be throwing a ton

DJ Moore vs Cleveland, Funchess is back so Cam has a ton of weapons to throw to. Moore is talented though

DST: Yards matter some but just 5 points for less than 100 yards, 3 for 100-199 and 2 for 200-299(most likely just 2 points given most teams put up more than 200 yards)

Titans vs Jax

KC vs Baltimore

I'm thinking Tennessee even though they are the inferior defense. Kessler at QB, even with Fournette back just seems like a must-start

In case you're wondering how I made the playoffs I do have: Sony Michel, Aaron Jones, Travis Kelce, Odell Beckham so I suppose I have a small chance but he has so many high-caliber guys

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

PPR: Gus Edwards vs KC or Tyler Lockett vs MIN? 

I'd go with Lockett. I'd probably start him in a standard league too as Gus seems to provide a decent # of carries but no catches and not a big threat for large chunks of yards

Standard league:

Need a Flex and #2 WR

Dalvin Cook @ Seattle, most talented but not getting touches or relies so heavily on a 70 yard run to get to 90 yards...

Gus Edwards vs KC, will get carries but if Baltimore is playing from behind, he won't be on the field much as he provides nothing in the receiving game

Justin Jackson vs Cincy, almost too efficient last week to really expect to keep it up but he has a juicy matchup too

Adam Humphries vs New Orleans, should be throwing a ton and done well with Jameis

Zay Jones vs NYJ, seems to be Allen's favorite target and the Jets give up big plays

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd go with Lockett. I'd probably start him in a standard league too as Gus seems to provide a decent # of carries but no catches and not a big threat for large chunks of yards

Standard league:

Need a Flex and #2 WR

Dalvin Cook @ Seattle, most talented but not getting touches or relies so heavily on a 70 yard run to get to 90 yards...

Gus Edwards vs KC, will get carries but if Baltimore is playing from behind, he won't be on the field much as he provides nothing in the receiving game

Justin Jackson vs Cincy, almost too efficient last week to really expect to keep it up but he has a juicy matchup too

Adam Humphries vs New Orleans, should be throwing a ton and done well with Jameis

Zay Jones vs NYJ, seems to be Allen's favorite target and the Jets give up big plays

Gus and Hump. I think Gus has a much better matchup.

If it was a PPR, I'd say Cook, but Standard I'd roll with Gus. It is a close call though

So my team currently looks like this...

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Christian McCaffrey
RB: Joe Mixon
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Tyreek Hill
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Julian Edelman
DST: Bears
K: Greg Zuerlein 

Bench:
Kenny Golladay WR
Vance Mcdonald TE
Spencer Ware RB
Gio Bernard RB
Kerryon Johnson RB 

- A few things I'm debating on. 

1. Should I leave Edelman in my flex spot? I think Golladay is out of consideration because he's been very inconsistent the last few weeks and I don't like his match up this week vs Patrick Peterson. But Spencer Ware and Kerryon Johnson IMO would also be nice flex plays. 

2. If Kerryon gets the thumbs up to play, do I consider starting him over Joe Mixon?

3. I know I've talked about the Bears/Rams match up already with Goff and the Bears DST. Was thinking about picking up the Steelers defense this week and rolling them out there instead of the Bears. Steelers play the Raiders and I don't see Oakland having the kind of success they had last week. 

Archived