Waiver Claims after the cut to 53

brooks1957

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems odd they claimed a big run stuffer after getting rid of Shelton.

Cant argue the value, but it just seems odd.

I think Davis can excel at run stuffing but is a lot more explosive than Shelton was. It be great to see what he can do when he is asked to be a 1gap DT instead of a 2gap DT

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I think Davis can excel at run stuffing but is a lot more explosive than Shelton was. It be great to see what he can do when he is asked to be a 1gap DT instead of a 2gap DT

Perhaps, can’t say I’ve seen him play much.

I’ll be @Mind Character has watched every snap of his since middle school 6-8 times though, right buddy? ;) 

I haven’t watched him play singles nap. Just went back and looked at the combine Numbers. All the numbers that say quickness an explosion. Point to david  over Shelton. Also helps that A lot of NFL guys  like this move because  it’s giving Davis a chance. Got played by the numbers game with the ravens.  They say He would of made the ravens if they were a 4-3 team 

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Indeed good sir...... I watched All22 of Carl Davis' pop warner league snaps...  everyone of them multiple times... the pop warner QB play was atrocious... the helmets were the size of their bodies...

Even then... I knew Carl Davis was destined for greatness... in fact my B.I.L.. was in the stands scouting his middle school games... from All22 binoculars....

It wall came true... what a time to be alive...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though... I liked but didn't love Carl Davis coming out of Iowa... his motor was just too inconsistent for me... and really bad at times.. I thought without such concerns he was 34 NT that deserved to be a top 25 pick... He has more pass rush explosion than Shelton, but coming out of college (I haven't watched Davis' development in the pros) he did not use his hands well consistently...

A couple of years of pro coaching but unfortunately the techniques required to plug stuff up in 34... we'll see how it shakes out.... a lot of upside though based on his raw skills...

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Indeed good sir...... I watched All22 of Carl Davis' pop warner league snaps...  everyone of them multiple times... the pop warner QB play was atrocious... the helmets were the size of their bodies...

Even then... I knew Carl Davis was destined for greatness... in fact my B.I.L.. was in the stands scouting his middle school games... from All22 binoculars....

It wall came true... what a time to be alive...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though... I liked but didn't love Carl Davis coming out of Iowa... his motor was just too inconsistent for me... and really bad at times.. I thought without such concerns he was 34 NT that deserved to be a top 25 pick... He has more pass rush explosion than Shelton, but coming out of college (I haven't watched Davis' development in the pros) he did not use his hands well consistently...

A couple of years of pro coaching but unfortunately the techniques required to plug stuff up in 34... we'll see how it shakes out.... a lot of upside though based on his raw skills...

Fair enough.

I’d argue motor for fat men can commonly be attributed to conditioning, which is alleviated as a pro with limited snaps as opposed to the outrageous snaps some college DL play.

If his role is to fill shelton’s presence on run downs and rotate out, he may very well be able to do that.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems odd they claimed a big run stuffer after getting rid of Shelton.

Cant argue the value, but it just seems odd.

Makes perfect sense to me. Shelton must have done something that didn't sit well with Dorsey. Since he was a Sashi guy, he gone. Davis, his replacement, is a Dorsey guy. Not saying it is fair, but you and I both know that is the way it works.

36 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Shelton must have done something that didn't sit well with Dorsey. Since he was a Sashi guy, he gone. Davis, his replacement, is a Dorsey guy. Not saying it is fair, but you and I both know that is the way it works.

Shelton was a farmer guy to be fair. 

If sachi was here I dont think he would of used the 5th year option on Danny. His performance didn't warrant the initial or further investment. Exclusive run defense is old hat 

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Shelton was never a Greg Williams guy. Greg has never used DTs the size or skill set really of Shelton. Pretty sure the biggest DT he has ever had outside of Shelton was Brocker with the rams who is 6’5 325-330, where Shelton was 6’2 345. You look at Carl Davis being 6’5 315. Davis fits the mold of DTs Williams likes. 

Archived