Week 1 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

Some things I've noticed from the snap count for each player

OFFENSE:

*Not a surprise, but Dalton and the whole starting OL played 100 percent of the offensive snaps.
*Uzomah played more offensive snaps than Eifert and Kroft at TE
*Ross played 65 percent of the offensive snaps, but still had less than Green and Boyd

DEFENSE:

*Vigil, WJ3, and Bates played 100 percent of the defensive snaps
*Glasgow played more defensive snaps than Billings
*Nickerson played more defensive snaps than Evans
*Vincent Rey didn't play a single snap on the defense

3 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Some things I've noticed from the snap count for each player

OFFENSE:

*Not a surprise, but Dalton and the whole starting OL played 100 percent of the offensive snaps.
*Uzomah played more offensive snaps than Eifert and Kroft at TE
*Ross played 65 percent of the offensive snaps, but still had less than Green and Boyd

DEFENSE:

*Vigil, WJ3, and Bates played 100 percent of the defensive snaps
*Glasgow played more defensive snaps than Billings
*Nickerson played more defensive snaps than Evans
*Vincent Rey didn't play a single snap on the defense

My thoughts:

• I'm TeamEvans, but he was getting lost in zone coverage.  Switching to Nickerson was the right move.
  • Billings was cramping.  Week 1, you can't expect a guy of Billings size to play a lot.  We need to add more DT depth.
  • Vincent Rey is probably still healing
  • Glad Uzomah played more and the coaches made the right decision there.  Kroft sucks at blocking, so if you're going to take it easy on Eifert, playing Uzomah more because he's the better blocker makes a ton of sense.

Some grades I pulled up from PFF

Alex Redmond: 56.5 (2nd worst on the offense)
Bobby Hart: 37.4 (worst on the offense)
Clayton Fejedelem: 91.7 (best on the defense)
Dre Kirkpatrick 85.7 (coverage grade)
Jessie Bates 79.1

Is it time to start Jake Fisher at RT? We can all agree Westerman needs to start, but considering he was a healthy scratch yesterday, there's something fishy (no pun intended) going on.

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Fully expect on this short week that we don't make any changes.  I also expect the Ravens to pummel Bobby Hart.  So for week 3, I'm guessing the starting RT will be (ducks) Ced...

Since ced was down and fisher up on sunday, I think they'll go to fisher first. Just mt opinion. Neither option is great. 

39 minutes ago, theJ said:

Since ced was down and fisher up on sunday, I think they'll go to fisher first. Just mt opinion. Neither option is great. 

That would be ideal but I don't think the Bengals are that smart.  We're going to hear that Fisher is the top backup at both positions so we'll play Ced as the starter at RT...

5 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

we seriously need to toy with the idea of moving Boling to RT...

I'm going outside the box.  hear me out.

I'm moving Glenn to RT.  Even if it means Fisher or Ced at LT.  For many reasons.  

1.  We can't have our two weakest olinemen playing next to each other.  It allows too much pressure from a predictable place.  Defenses can force us into double coverage by dictating which way Dalton scrambles.

2.  Dalton can't move to his left and throw.  he just sux at it.  Most right handed QBs do.  Teams are stacking the right side and forcing him left.  If he's leaving the pocket, have him most lkely rolling RIGHT, where he can still run or throw.

3.  Boling wasn't great at LT, but he can do enough, and if Westerman is as good as most fans think he is, we are replacing Hart with Westerman.

Or, you know, sign a vet RT immediately.  And have them ready for game three on the road in Carolina

10 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Or, you know, sign a vet RT immediately

9 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Sign a vet who isn't a lost cause

That's great.  But who's out there that's better than Hart?  Because the Bengals aren't the only team with a hole at tackle, and i don't see a bunch of other teams rushing out to sign Austin Howard or Breno Giacomini.

Unfortunately i don't think the answer is in FA right now.  It's in the draft or FA next year.  Or you trade away a valuable piece elsewhere right now.  And would you be willing to trade someone like a Jordan Willis for a tackle who can actually block?

3 hours ago, theJ said:

That's great.  But who's out there that's better than Hart? 

There are plenty better than ced.  Also,  since in my scenario Boling is our right tackle,  we might want to look at interior lineman as well, since Hopkins is our only backup and we have Hart and Fisher to back up the tackles. 

And no,  I'm not interested in trading Willis,  as I think he would not fetch much. 

Archived