Week 1 Bengals @ Colts

MrCincinnati

Way too much drama, but a win is a win.  

And for the record, the refs continue to suck the life out of this  team, and the integrity of the game itself.  I have always thought they weren't out to get us, but that they are betting on the games.  Nothing today will change that.  Those roughing the passer calls were two of the biggest BS calls I have ever seen.  Dunlap grabbed Luck's foot and got a 15 yarder.  Then he gets another for a late hit while sending the ball backwards? How can one hit him late while changing the directory of the ball?  Unreal.  But hey, they let them play both ways the last few minutes, which, when you understand that we were up 4 points and the line was the Colts -3.5, makes perfect sense.  Let them play because you already lost on the spread.  Even if the Colts score a TD, only up three.  Didn't cover.

I don't feel like really talking about it, or being called a tin faoil hat wearer, but try watching games you have ZERO interest in.  Then keep the line im mind while watching, and see if the calls seem to be leaning heavily in one direction WHile the line is in play either way.  The calls ease up on teams once the spread is out of reach either way.  I'd be happy to discuss the point of view, but get into a debate over it.  No one can prove it either way anyway, short of beating a confession out of someone doing it, which is still coersion anyway.

On 9/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, TheVillain112 said:

We better win this game, or I'm going to be looking towards the 2019 draft already.  This team has a lot of potential but if we can't beat a team like the Colts, then we have no chance against the elite teams.

We all know the Colts will take the underneath and crossing routes against us because we can't defend those to save our life.  Let's see if Austin brings something to the table to defend against that.  Also, our OL probably isn't going to face a weaker DL than the Colts, so they need to show up...

And yet we couldn't stop it all game.  smh...

8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

And yet we couldn't stop it all game.  smh...

I really believe Marvin would rather teams dink and dunk it all day long than give up long ones.  The defemnse usually clamps down in the red zone.  That strategy works when you put up a lot of points, particularly TDs.  It's like watching Golden State.  They give up easy baskets in the paint, but don't care, because trading twos for threes will work all game long, provided they hit them.  With Curry, Thompson, Durant and Greene hitting them a ton, they win 80% of the time.  If Drer w=makes those two picks, the end of the game isn't so nail biting

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

If Drer w=makes those two picks, the end of the game isn't so nail biting

Hands of Iron.

I do like what the D was able to do creating turnovers.  Haven't seen that kind of ballhawking D since the Odell Thurman days.

EDIT: actually i take that back, 2015 was a good year for turnovers.  They had 21 picks and 15 fumble recoveries.  But other than that anamolous year, the turnovers have been sparse since 2005-2007.

Archived