Trade advice

Wraith554

56 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

I'm actually big on Breida.  I think in the end he gets the better of Morris down the road.  But I'm taking that risk because he's my RB5 (after pretty safe options in Connor, Dalvin Cook, DJ and Deion Lewis), so I'm taking a leap on upside with both guys.  Even without the big run yesterday, he was at 75 yards rushing w/ 21 yards receiving, which is very good.  I think with games like that he'll continue to swing the touches towards him, and even if not, I think he can be a Coleman-like producer.  Edelman was a waiver wire pickup for me, so he's the last spot on my bench right now, so I'm kind of playing with house money there, so I'd rather go big upside.

Breida has the talent, and trust me, I'm lamenting the fact that he doesn't get more snaps, but I don't see it happening. I think the team has serious concerns about durability with regards to him and if he remains effective given his workload, I don't think they are going to change that. He's had shoulder problems since he was in high school, and he's already suffered a shoulder injury this year. He was the more effective running back than Hyde last year, and they still kept him at about 1/4 of the snaps. So I don't suspect any considerable changes in snaps depending on game flow (obviously in a situation where they are down, he should see more snaps as the pass catching back) That being said, strictly as an rb5, I have no problems with swinging for the fences there. My hope is that they eventually levy a 65% snap count for him to 35% for Morris, but I think for the time being it'll be closer to the county they have now, where he's only on the field for about 40% of the snaps. 

But he could absolutely be Tevin Coleman . Coleman had 900 total yards in 2016 and was only the field for 33% of the offensive snaps that year. Breida could actually surpass that in total I think, but I do feel that's a pretty solid line for him either way. 

PPR league -  thinking of trading Connor and Jones Jr. for one of either Tate, Sanders, or Landry. Which would you go for first and is that a trade you would make given my roster? Once again, my roster is as follows:

QB: Stafford

RB: Barkley, Connor, Howard, Collins, Breida, Michel

WR: Adams, Jones Jr., Goodwin, Davis, Funchess, Jeffery

TE: Burton

Edit: Or try and swap Breida or Collins for Agholor?

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I just traded Sammy Watkins and Lamar Miller for Leveon Bell and Josh Gordon. HUGE Risk, potentially HUGE reward. Does anyone think Bell or Gordon will play again this season and play up to their talent level?

Everyone's telling me Bell will be back, but idk I just feel like there's something telling me in the back of my head that Connor's still gonna be the guy. Whether that's due to a coaching decision, or Bell not being in football shape and getting hurt or not being as effective because he isn't in said football shape, I just have a feeling which is making it hard for me to decide what to do with Connnor myself. But who knows honestly. As for Gordon, I like the risk. Especially because I'm just not very high on Watkins. If you win that trade you likely win the league, so why not say screw it and just swing for the fences? I like it.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Everyone's telling me Bell will be back, but idk I just feel like there's something telling me in the back of my head that Connor's still gonna be the guy. Whether that's due to a coaching decision, or Bell not being in football shape and getting hurt or not being as effective because he isn't in said football shape, I just have a feeling which is making it hard for me to decide what to do with Connnor myself. But who knows honestly. As for Gordon, I like the risk. Especially because I'm just not very high on Watkins. If you win that trade you likely win the league, so why not say screw it and just swing for the fences? I like it.

Now, I preface this by saying that I do expect the Steelers to right the ship and be in the mix fighting for playoff qualification, but there's just a lot of ?'s that keep popping up for me on if/when they'd give Bell meaningful touches when he does finally turn up - and this also assumes Bell (who knows that he's likely going to get a cold welcome when he does turn back up and who is intent on protecting his body for free agency) doesn't pick up a "hamstring injury" in practice when he returns.  But if you're in the thick of a playoff chase, do you bail on the hot hand that brung you in Connor if you're the Steelers?  Yes, Bell's a better overall player, but there's an argument for continuity and chemistry as well as the proof in the pudding that Bell was poor when he initially returned from his holdout last season.  Connor is the guy moving forward, so again, there's continuity argument to be made.

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Now, I preface this by saying that I do expect the Steelers to right the ship and be in the mix fighting for playoff qualification, but there's just a lot of ?'s that keep popping up for me on if/when they'd give Bell meaningful touches when he does finally turn up - and this also assumes Bell (who knows that he's likely going to get a cold welcome when he does turn back up and who is intent on protecting his body for free agency) doesn't pick up a "hamstring injury" in practice when he returns.  But if you're in the thick of a playoff chase, do you bail on the hot hand that brung you in Connor if you're the Steelers?  Yes, Bell's a better overall player, but there's an argument for continuity and chemistry as well as the proof in the pudding that Bell was poor when he initially returned from his holdout last season.  Connor is the guy moving forward, so again, there's continuity argument to be made.

Another good point. Just such a tricky situation..hard to know what to make of it this early in the season.

29 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I wouldn't, keep Gurley!!!

This.  And also, I just plain don't advocate acquiring Bell unless you already own Connor (or you've made it past the majority of your RB byes and you've got a deep bench).  I'm pretty firmly in the camp that the soonest we'll see Bell is Week 10 and even then I don't foresee him walking straight back into the role he had - particularly if Connor is producing.  Now if I could give up Bell and Fournette to acquire Gurley (Crowell is basically a throw-in, Powell is the back in the that backfield I trust more for fantasy purposes), I'm doing that in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I just traded Sammy Watkins and Lamar Miller for Leveon Bell and Josh Gordon. HUGE Risk, potentially HUGE reward. Does anyone think Bell or Gordon will play again this season and play up to their talent level?

This deal is worth the risk. You are not really giving up anyone that is potentially league winning. You are getting back 2 players that are potentially league winning, but also could give you nothing.

Your taking your home run shot for the Fantasy win instead of hoping you can keep hitting singles. 

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Send Antonio Brown
Send LeSean McCoy
Send Corey Davis

Receive David Johnson
Receive Brandin Cooks
Receive Dion Lewis

.5 ppr

???

I wouldnt. Brown is clearly the best player in this deal. I dont think you are getting enough back to part with him

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Got a trade offer in a Dynasty league. Im probably going to reject. What say you?

Give up

Kareem Hunt

Brandin Cooks

Get

Leonard Fournette

TY Hilton 

If this were a redraft league, I might be a lot more tempted to do this, but given that it's dynasty and that Cooks is locked up long-term and Hunt was drafted highly enough and is in a RB friendly system with a breakout QB, Fournette isn't enough of a selling point for me (and I actually value Fournette higher than Hunt in general).

Archived