Trade advice

Wraith554

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

You should be all over winston. His schedule is nice. Games against the 49ers, Giants, this week against the Falcons, a playoff matchup against new orleans, and two games against a carolina defense that was the first team in 3 years to give up 30 points to the Giants. 

I'd grab winston, pair him with Flacco (when Winston gets a tough Cleveland matchup in week 7, Flacco has a soft NO one, In week 8, winston has cincinnati which isn't great but isn't bad, but Flacco has Carolina, which as I just mentioned, isn't all that great. In week 15, Tampa has a less than ideal matchup against Baltimore, but that means Flacco gets the bucs, which is great)

yeah I agree with Forge..Go get Winston.

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

PPR. Would you guys consider trading Mark Ingram for Alshon, Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman

My current WRs- Cooper, Corey Davis and DT

My other RBs- Bell/Conner, Mccoy, Bredia and Latavius Murray. 

I don't like it personally, but I'm not a fan of giving up the best player in any trade, and I think that's what is going on here with Ingram. I think it's easier to find Alshon production, and the Freeman / Coleman add is really misleading (it seems great, but it's really not). 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't like it personally, but I'm not a fan of giving up the best player in any trade, and I think that's what is going on here with Ingram. I think it's easier to find Alshon production, and the Freeman / Coleman add is really misleading (it seems great, but it's really not). 

Thanks Forge. I was hoping the owner would be willing to take Mccoy back instead and not ask for ingram but he did. I wasn't too interesting in the trade but wanted to hear feedback.

Chris Carson and Chris Godwin for Fournette.

Half PPR, Half PPFD. Redraft so no long-term concerns here.

RBs: Gurley, Lindsay, Yeldon and Fournette

WR: Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Enunwa, Golladay

I understand Fournette will be healthy-ish in a couple weeks or so. But should I get value now before a potential Carson and Godwin breakout?

So I'm thinking about taking a chance on taking shady getting traded. I proposed Geronimo Allison + Alex Collins, he countered with Lindsay + Allison. I'm thinking of countering with Aaron Jones  + Allison. I don't expect anything from Shady, but if he gets traded, obviously there could be a lot of value there. That being said, I don't love giving up Lindsay. My current running backs are Barkley and Conner, but obviously I'm about to lose Conner. That would make Lindsay my #2 right now (obviously Shady if I trade for him) which is not a situation that I love. I'm still working on potentially other trades for an rb2, but the kind of upside i can get from Shady *if* he's traded at a relatively cheap price point is going to be hard to match.

Allison is my wr #5 and completely irrelevant as he will never see the starting lineup and I just picked him up off the free agent scrap heap this week. 

Lindsay has been pretty consistent in what he has brought, while Jones has some upside if McCarthy ever gets his crap together. Thoughts? Should I be okay giving up Lindsay for Shady (again, Allison is largely irrevelant), or would you rather see if I can give up Jones? 

**EDIT**

No dice on Jones. Comes down to Lindsay + Allison for Shady. The upside if he's traded is so tempting because I think that solves my rb2 issue moving forward. If he's not traded though, I'd rather have Lindsay as my rb3 and future rb2. But as I said, I'm also working on other deals for another running back that don't include any of the players involved in this trade (will likely be one of my quarterbacks to a guy who is loaded at running back) 

@The LBC what do you got for me on this one? 

@EaglesPeteC you think they swing the deal for Shady? 

@holt_bruce81 I know you're thinking along the lines of what I am since you're going to pick up Ivory. Think the reward is worth the risk on this one? 

3 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

I understand Fournette will be healthy-ish in a couple weeks or so. But should I get value now before a potential Carson and Godwin breakout?

The injury makes this a little more interesting, but I don't really see why you do it. Godwin does absolutely nothing for you with that receiver corps. There's a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa, and Jameis likes to go to his tight end and has nice chemistry with Brate, so I don't think that is going away. Godwin is almost irrelevant in this deal outside of a potential break out (that I don't think is likely to happen in the manner of say the one that Golladay has had this year) to be able to flip him so someone else. Carson has had a couple of really nice games, but do I trust the offense to keep it up? I mean, I don't know. The nice thing is Carson has a pretty light schedule for the most part, and the Seahawks seem committed to running the football. 3 weeks ago when he hit 100 yards, he carried the rock 32 times. While I don't expect that to happen again, he carried the ball 19 times this week and Mike Davis added another 12 or something like that, so once again, we are talking about 30+ running plays, which is nice.  But do I really trust him more than Lindsay at this point?  Lindsay has been pretty remarkably consistent this year. Plus you have Yeldon while Fournette is out, and though Yeldon is battling his own injury issues, they are going to lean heavily on him as Charles is really only going to have a limited understanding of the playbook in the immediate future. 

I think you have to be pretty bullish on Carson's future to do this. I can see it, but I still think you're giving up the best player in the deal overall, and with Godwin holding no value for you here, I really don't love it. Plus, you then have to cut someone. In this case, it's going to be Enunwa. I mean, Godwin thus far hasn't even been a huge step up from Enunwa. Yes, you don't like to see a receiver get blanked, but let's assume that is an isolated incident. 6/63, 7/92, 4/57, 4/66. That's pretty consistent all told. Godwin 3/41, 5/56, 5/74, 2/22.  Difference is largely the touchdowns. Godwin gets an extra game, which is nice, but meaningless if he's never playing anyway. So I don't view Carson as enough of an upgrade on your current rb2 crop to justify potentially losing out on the back end of Fournette. LIS, there are things that I do like about Carson, but there are some things I really don't like about his ROS as well. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

So I'm thinking about taking a chance on taking shady getting traded. I proposed Geronimo Allison + Alex Collins, he countered with Lindsay + Allison. I'm thinking of countering with Aaron Jones  + Allison. I don't expect anything from Shady, but if he gets traded, obviously there could be a lot of value there. That being said, I don't love giving up Lindsay. My current running backs are Barkley and Conner, but obviously I'm about to lose Conner. That would make Lindsay my #2 right now (obviously Shady if I trade for him) which is not a situation that I love. I'm still working on potentially other trades for an rb2, but the kind of upside i can get from Shady *if* he's traded at a relatively cheap price point is going to be hard to match.

Allison is my wr #5 and completely irrelevant as he will never see the starting lineup and I just picked him up off the free agent scrap heap this week. 

Lindsay has been pretty consistent in what he has brought, while Jones has some upside if McCarthy ever gets his crap together. Thoughts? Should I be okay giving up Lindsay for Shady (again, Allison is largely irrevelant), or would you rather see if I can give up Jones? 

**EDIT**

No dice on Jones. Comes down to Lindsay + Allison for Shady. The upside if he's traded is so tempting because I think that solves my rb2 issue moving forward. If he's not traded though, I'd rather have Lindsay as my rb3 and future rb2. But as I said, I'm also working on other deals for another running back that don't include any of the players involved in this trade (will likely be one of my quarterbacks to a guy who is loaded at running back) 

@The LBC what do you got for me on this one? 

@EaglesPeteC you think they swing the deal for Shady? 

@holt_bruce81 I know you're thinking along the lines of what I am since you're going to pick up Ivory. Think the reward is worth the risk on this one? 

I'd definitely counter with Jones + Allison first.  But I'd do Lindsay and Allison for Shady if it came down to it.  Allison's ultimately replaceable; he's a WR3 with some WR2 upside depending on matchup when healthy.  I've currently got (granted, I'm lowballing the guy, but he also just lost Ajayi for the season) a Jones for Allen Robinson offer that I put on the table in my 1/2 pt PPR league right now and I'm waiting to see if he counters seeking Marshawn (which I'll probably go after a different receiver than Robinson, but ultimately won't mind settling for A-Rob because I do think he'll get the targets down the stretch to make him worth the spell to Michael Thomas, Fuller, and Fitz that I need him for.

I do think Shady is far, far more like to be traded for by the Eagles (assuming they've got the cap-space to take him on) than Le'Veon - who they simply don't have the future cap available for it to make sense traded for (they're not going to half-year rent him, even for the promise of a 4th round comp pick rebound).  I think that's far more just popular/click-bait narrative for the media.  Obviously, it would be beneficial to know who all is still sitting out on waivers right now as far as RB's go in your league (I'm assuming slim pickings, but depending on the format, I really do feel like a Nyheim Hines, potentially a Robert Turbin when he comes off IR, same when it comes to D'Onta Foreman, Kenneth Dixon in a couple weeks, and even - if you're in a PPR format - Kyle Juszcyzk as long as Beathard is starting are viable RB3/4's that can adequately fill for Lindsay, who I like but still think could end up in a similar situation to Matt Brieda if the Niners don't continue using him in a timeshare with the other two RB's.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I think alshon. 

Yeah, I'd want Alshon.  Better QB.  Greater probability of a weekly TD.  Sanders' schedule favors him, but opposing DC's are figuring out that Demaryius has lost a step and unless Courtland Sutton really breaks out, Sanders is going to start getting, at minimum, more safeties shaded his way - which with Keenum's gunslinger-ness - doesn't help his case.

7 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Real talk, I don't expect Fournette back before Jacksonville's bye, especially if they get back to their winning ways.  Yeldon is doing just fine in his stead, they already just lost the RB3 to a season-ending injury, I don't see them wanting to rush Fournette back, particularly with a Week 9 bye and it being Week 6 with him already ruled out for that.  Hamstring injuries linger and they're, honestly, 4 week recoveries to begin with, at minimum.

You have Yeldon, I'd just ride it out.  I don't see the return of Carson (because I wouldn't start Godwin over any of Thomas, Allen, Jarvis, or Golladay - and if the (unsubstantiated thus far) rumor about Enunwa having a hand injury is true, a WR5 is easily replaceable) as being worth giving up a fresh and healthy Fournette (plus the ability to supplement your roster with a nice playoff-match-friendly option when he comes back and you can let Yeldon go) for the home stretch.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'd definitely counter with Jones + Allison first.  But I'd do Lindsay and Allison for Shady if it came down to it.  Allison's ultimately replaceable; he's a WR3 with some WR2 upside depending on matchup when healthy.  I've currently got (granted, I'm lowballing the guy, but he also just lost Ajayi for the season) a Jones for Allen Robinson offer that I put on the table in my 1/2 pt PPR league right now and I'm waiting to see if he counters seeking Marshawn (which I'll probably go after a different receiver than Robinson, but ultimately won't mind settling for A-Rob because I do think he'll get the targets down the stretch to make him worth the spell to Michael Thomas, Fuller, and Fitz that I need him for.

I do think Shady is far, far more like to be traded for by the Eagles (assuming they've got the cap-space to take him on) than Le'Veon - who they simply don't have the future cap available for it to make sense traded for (they're not going to half-year rent him, even for the promise of a 4th round comp pick rebound).  I think that's far more just popular/click-bait narrative for the media.  Obviously, it would be beneficial to know who all is still sitting out on waivers right now as far as RB's go in your league (I'm assuming slim pickings, but depending on the format, I really do feel like a Nyheim Hines, potentially a Robert Turbin when he comes off IR, same when it comes to D'Onta Foreman, Kenneth Dixon in a couple weeks, and even - if you're in a PPR format - Kyle Juszcyzk as long as Beathard is starting are viable RB3/4's that can adequately fill for Lindsay, who I like but still think could end up in a similar situation to Matt Brieda if the Niners don't continue using him in a timeshare with the other two RB's.

Thanks. Yeah, couldn't get him to bite on Jones, so I took his deal. Just too much upside, and I figured that there was no way I was thing to sit on Lindsay as my rb2 anyway, so his inclusion in the deal ends up being moot. 

Not much on the waiver wire. Some guys I'm looking at as possible flex additions, but nobody I want as my rb2 which is what I'm really looking for. Smallwood is there, but I view him as a flex. Mike Davis, but I feel the same there, and I like him less because it's full PPR. I will be picking up Foreman in another week or two (not a league I have to worry about someone else picking him up any time soon). After that there's barber and Jones, Ivory, juice, gore and Murray. 

I've made deals like this before and gotten fortunate (Zeke suspension last year most recently), so hoping my good fortune continues and I hear the eagles acquired shady in the next few days. 

so ive been offered john brown and greg zeurlein for dalvin cook. I have mixon, white, chris thompson and leveon bell on the bench. my wrs are evans, alshon, golloday and lockett. what do you guys think? I feel like lockett and brown are similar production wise but brown gets a ton of targets, but even with cook not playing well i have some boom or bust backs. Also my kicker is dan bailey.

Archived