Trade advice

Wraith554

Dealt Gurley a couple weeks back, not something I usually am for doing (dealing the best player in fantasy, or arguably the best player in fantasy), but it looks like it may work out for the best.

Dealt Gurley AND Duke Johnson (just a filler, not on the Duke train) FOR Kareem Hunt, OBJ, and Sony Michel (thank god that injury isn't serious).

10 tm ppr. My WR's are Evans, OBJ, Woods, Tate, ARob (RIP)

RB's are Hunt, Connor, Michel, Chubb, Barber, and Clement.

Think I'm in a better situation with the trade than prior (although if MIchel is hurt more than a few weeks it could complicate things), but getting Hunt who is a top 5 RB imo himself and OBJ who is a top 8 WR for Gurley I feel like is strong. Also expected Michel obviously to be the bellcow and he was prior to this setback. But I had some mixed reviews on this so was curious what others thought.

Just dropped 2 straight to fall to 4-3, and was feeling like I needed to do something to shake things up/take my shot. 

Flipped Emmanuel Sanders and Mark Ingram for DeAndre Hopkins - 0.5 PPR league.

My remaining RB's are David Johnson, Christian McAffrey, and Marlon Mack. DJ and Mack having the same bye week is gonna be tough so I'll have to find a find a fill-in off the waiver wire, but otherwise I feel okay about that group - I'm basically betting that Mack can be a viable RB2 moving forward and I think he can if he stays healthy, the Colts look like they really want to get him the ball.

At wide receiver now I have a Davante Adams/DeAndre Hopkins duo that looks great - no real depth behind them right now but that was also the case when it was Davante/Sanders, so now at WR I have Davante, Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Calvin Ridley, and Keke Coutee (though Coutee will probably be dropped this week).

Thoughts? 

7 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Just dropped 2 straight to fall to 4-3, and was feeling like I needed to do something to shake things up/take my shot. 

Flipped Emmanuel Sanders and Mark Ingram for DeAndre Hopkins - 0.5 PPR league.

My remaining RB's are David Johnson, Christian McAffrey, and Marlon Mack. DJ and Mack having the same bye week is gonna be tough so I'll have to find a find a fill-in off the waiver wire, but otherwise I feel okay about that group - I'm basically betting that Mack can be a viable RB2 moving forward and I think he can if he stays healthy, the Colts look like they really want to get him the ball.

At wide receiver now I have a Davante Adams/DeAndre Hopkins duo that looks great - no real depth behind them right now but that was also the case when it was Davante/Sanders, so now at WR I have Davante, Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Calvin Ridley, and Keke Coutee (though Coutee will probably be dropped this week).

Thoughts? 

I like it.  Most PPR-variant leagues are going to limit the amount of WR's you can start in a given week to 2-plus-a-FLEX, so having two dominant WR1's can really be a boon.  (I probably still would have preferred Gurley because, especially with Kupp out, he's going to get even more of a TD spike, but I get why you did what you did).

CMac still holds considerably more value in PPR than in Standard (I'm enduring owning him in standard and it's not fun).  Jalen Richard would probably be a good pickup for you as he's a least a high floor guy, if likely a low ceiling.  He'll give you 6-7 points consistently each week because when the Raiders get behind (and they will) he's going to be the guy seeing 80% of second half snaps and all the check-downs.

Another move I'd consider making, more speculatively but it could give you more ammo to shop Watkins or even Ridley (assuming this isn't a keeper league and you've got Ridley at a low keeper price) if he has another multi-TD game for more RB depth, would be to pick up Courtland Sutton and hold him until the trade deadline to see if Demaryius (more likely) or Sanders get traded.  He'd instantly become the WR2 in that offense (one who already has some productivity at his current role) and if it's DT that's traded, he's going to move into the possession WR role in that Denver offense, which could be late season PPR gold.  

Do I make this move?  PPR

James White and Jordan Reed for Lamar Miller and George Kittle. 

Currently have Reed and Engram at TE.

Currently have Gurley, White and Duke as my RB’s. 

Starting Lineup can be 1 RB 3 WR 

or 2 RB 2 WR. 

Currently have Adams, Evans, DT, Westbrook and Gabrielle. 

Make the trade or stay with current and hope one of these TE’s comes out of the funk they’re in. 

12 hours ago, The LBC said:

I like it.  Most PPR-variant leagues are going to limit the amount of WR's you can start in a given week to 2-plus-a-FLEX, so having two dominant WR1's can really be a boon.  (I probably still would have preferred Gurley because, especially with Kupp out, he's going to get even more of a TD spike, but I get why you did what you did).

CMac still holds considerably more value in PPR than in Standard (I'm enduring owning him in standard and it's not fun).  Jalen Richard would probably be a good pickup for you as he's a least a high floor guy, if likely a low ceiling.  He'll give you 6-7 points consistently each week because when the Raiders get behind (and they will) he's going to be the guy seeing 80% of second half snaps and all the check-downs.

Another move I'd consider making, more speculatively but it could give you more ammo to shop Watkins or even Ridley (assuming this isn't a keeper league and you've got Ridley at a low keeper price) if he has another multi-TD game for more RB depth, would be to pick up Courtland Sutton and hold him until the trade deadline to see if Demaryius (more likely) or Sanders get traded.  He'd instantly become the WR2 in that offense (one who already has some productivity at his current role) and if it's DT that's traded, he's going to move into the possession WR role in that Denver offense, which could be late season PPR gold.  

Thanks! Not sure what you're referring to on Gurley, he was never in play for me - think you might be referring to the other poster at the top of the page?

On Richard, he was already scooped up, but I did snag Crowell this morning who should be a decent boom/bust play for my Week 9byepoclypse when he gets Miami's softish front 7. Feeling particularly good about that in light of Powell going on IR. Also dropped Ridley for Amari Cooper's wild ride today, I just feel like there's more upside there if he does plug in and get targets right away, which I feel like Dallas will be trying to do considering how much they gave up for him.

So between waivers and my trade yesterday, I went from this as my RB/WR cores:

RB: David Johnson, Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, Marlon Mack

WR: Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, Sammy Watkins, Calvin Ridley, Keke Coutee

to this:

RB: David Johnson, Christian McCaffrey, Marlon Mack, Isiah Crowell

WR: Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Amari Cooper 

Should I be trying to make a move to upgrade RB a little? Or stay put? 0.5 PPR

Current Roster:

James Conner, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Chris Thompson, Dion Lewis, Duke Johnson

Kupp and JuJu would be trade bait. Maybe even Kelce if I can swing a decent TE on the return as well. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Should I be trying to make a move to upgrade RB a little? Or stay put? 0.5 PPR

Current Roster:

James Conner, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Chris Thompson, Dion Lewis, Duke Johnson

Kupp and JuJu would be trade bait. Maybe even Kelce if I can swing a decent TE on the return as well. 

Are Kupp and Juju your top WR's? 

55 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Mega trade offered to me. 

I give Gurley, Evans, Gabrielle and Mayfield. 

I get Bell, Fournette, Luck, Sanders. 

This is a PPR league. 

1. There's no way I'd trade Gurley.
2. Who knows when Bell / Fournette are gonna play.

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

Mega trade offered to me. 

I give Gurley, Evans, Gabrielle and Mayfield. 

I get Bell, Fournette, Luck, Sanders. 

This is a PPR league. 

Definitely not in my opinion. Honestly feel like that is a really, really bad offer lol. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Definitely not in my opinion. Honestly feel like that is a really, really bad offer lol. 

I told him no Evans for Fournette. It would be Bell, Luck and Sanders for Gurley, Mayfield and Gabrielle.  I then trot out White until Bell comes back with Luck, Adams, Evans and Sanders. 

Archived