Troy Dynasty - NCAA14 || Season 5, Week 2 - Luck of the Irish?

Danger

10 hours ago, Danger said:

@MKnight82

Year 2 Roster
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Yr HB OVR Yr FB OVR Yr WR OVR Yr TE OVR Yr
Ryan Mendoza 79 FR Jamarius Henderson 82 JR (R) Zacc Weldon 67 JR (R)       Gabe Hill 79 JR (R)
Kaleb Barker 72 SO (R) BJ Smith 72 SO (R)       Damion Willis 84 SR Sam Letton 72 SO (R)
Kade Young 68 SO (R) Jabir Frye 71 SO (R)       Deondre Douglas 82 SR Zach Flynn 65 FR
      Gary Stewart 78 FR       Sam Letton 80 SO (R) Sidney Davis 68 SR
      Josh Godfrey 69 FR       Richard Hallman III 72 JR (R)      
                  Ismail Saleem 69 JR (R)      
                  Kyle Parham 77 FR      

Offense Skill Players
LT OVR Yr LG OVR Yr C OVR Yr RG OVR Yr RT OVR Yr
Mike Schultz 79 FR Kirk Kelley 80 JR (R) Deontae Crumitie 87 SR Alfred Lane 78 JR JL Gaston 74 JR
James Peach 71 JR (R) Zach Branner 75 JR (R) Dylan Bradshaw 72 SO (R) Ethan Calhoun 75 SR (R) Jamal Walker 74 FR
      Travius Harris 69 FR (R) Adam Summers 77 FR Tristan Crowder 77 JR      

Defensive Players
LE OVR Yr DT OVR Yr RE OVR Yr LOLB OVR Yr ROLB OVR Yr
Hunter Reese 83 SR (R) Trevon Sanders 82 SR Zo Bridges 81 JR Tron Folsom 78 JR (R) AJ Smiley 77 JR (R)
Antoine Barker 80 JR (R) Marcus Webb 77 SO (R) Rasool Clemmons 79 JR (R) Jon Jones 71 FR Courtney Green 70 FR
Travon Mathis 73 FR (R) Michael Robinson 72 SO (R) Kelvin Lucky 71 SO (R)            
      Doug Salter 72 JR (R)                  
      Anthony Quinn 73 FR                  

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Yr CB OVR Yr FS OVR Yr SS OVR Yr      
Justin Whisenhunt 74 FR (R) Blace Brown 88 SR (R) Cedric Rushing 81 FR Cedarius Rookard 81 SR      
Kevin Nixon 68 FR (R) Marcus Jones 74 FR (R) Tyler Murray 70 FR (R) Tyquae Russell 72 SR (R)      
      Jawon McDowell 72 JR (R) Adarius Wesley 70 SO (R) Melvin Tyus JR. 70 JR (R)      
      Terrence Dunlap 70 FR (R) Nick Manuel 69 SR (R) Kyle Nixon 69 FR (R)      
      Shon Spralling 68 FR (R) Joseph Norwood 73 FR (R) Matt Yates 79 FR      
      Benjamin Green 68 FR                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Yr P OVR Yr                  
Bratcher Underwood 80 SR (R) Tyler Sumpter 78 SO (R)                  

True Freshman - Playing
Senior
Redshirt
Out of Position
Transfer, must sit season.

Definitely looks better than last year.  You have a legit QB now.  You've got some depth brewing on the Oline and at RB.  Rushing will probably  be a big addition to your secondary. 

Areas that still need work: 

- You probably need to land at least 2 WRs this season.  I'd recommend you look for one JUCO who could contribute right away.  

- I'd try to get another TE on the roster because they are hard to recruit. 

- You need to land a RG this year that can redshirt next year then start the year after.  

- You're DEs are mostly upper classmen, you could probably use 2 new recruits here.

- Your linebackers across the board could use a talent upgrade.

- A nice JUCO CB would probably start for you next year if you can find one.  

- Kicker is obviously a need.

Did make an error, TE Gabe Hill is actually a SR. So yes I did plan on trying to recruit another one for sure.

Recruiting priorities this time around

• WR
  • TE
  • DE
  • MLB
  • K

The rest will be mostly dependent on talent. Though it's always nice to be able to find more interior O-lineman. 

Edited by Danger

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol it apparently did, but I fell asleep and didn't see it until morning.

Had a headache last night, so I just put the thing on mute and did that. I'm certainly more enthusiastic about doing this sort of thing when interest in it is shown.

BTW MKnight, I saw your rushing stats you had for the season on your sheet. SUPER unrealistic lol. 3000 yards rushing and 35+ TD whaaa.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Had a headache last night, so I just put the thing on mute and did that. I'm certainly more enthusiastic about doing this sort of thing when interest in it is shown.

BTW MKnight, I saw your rushing stats you had for the season on your sheet. SUPER unrealistic lol. 3000 yards rushing and 35+ TD whaaa.

Ya man I ran it down their throats lol.  

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've been following this and the VCU dynasty thread as well.  Piqued my interest enough to see if I could get an xbox copy of the game, but they are pretty scarce.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Can’t you just buy a digital copy from the Xbox live store?

Nope, it was pulled a year or two ago due to the same reason they stopped making the games. Player likeness and what not.

God I wish they'd make a new one. These graphics are archaic at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nope, it was pulled a year or two ago due to the same reason they stopped making the games. Player likeness and what not.

God I wish they'd make a new one. These graphics are archaic at this point. 

The game mechanics and play balance are still better than madden 19 imo.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The game mechanics and play balance are still better than madden 19 imo.

Yeah but the AI is just super painful sometimes, one thing I've found is absolutely necessary 100% of the time is to set QB Contain to aggressive or your players will just watch him run for the first down every time. But sometimes they just completely whiff a jump ball pass, and they also take bad angles in pursuit a lot of the time. It's also clear that they intentionally dumb down the AI for the user compared to the computer unless you're playing on Freshman.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah but the AI is just super painful sometimes, one thing I've found is absolutely necessary 100% of the time is to set QB Contain to aggressive or your players will just watch him run for the first down every time. But sometimes they just completely whiff a jump ball pass, and they also take bad angles in pursuit a lot of the time. It's also clear that they intentionally dumb down the AI for the user compared to the computer unless you're playing on Freshman.

Ya I play on Heisman, I feel like that is the most realistic.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I play on Heisman, I feel like that is the most realistic.  

I have my settings on All-American, but keep in mind I do this on coach mode, so that also means that I can not over compensate for my players' bad cuts in the open field or force better defensive play. I feel it evens out in large part. Like my RB's would often run in the stupidest directions and completely ignore a hole and run into the defenders.

Edited by Danger