? Week One: Bucs (0-0) @ Saints (0-0)

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

National expectations, which as a player may take some pressure off. But I agree that as a fan or a coach who has been following the team, our team is more complete this year and my expectations, knowing the potential, are greater. 

No expectations aren’t based off National s expectationa. THE expectations set in the organization should be super bowl or bust. Which is every organization. 

5 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Well not to get ahead of ourselves but watching the Eagles game....   I am not all confident in winning that one, their defense looked lights out.   Hopefully we can win this one and the Steelers.

They hit Matt Ryan 13 times last night and broke up 10 passes. Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I think last night shows, a team shouldn t play a dlinemen over 85 % of the snaps.  Hopefully, we 'll see guys rotated in early so in the 4th quarter there is something left in the tank.

We've got the depth to finally do it. At least at DT.

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

They gave up on the run too soon. Their play calling and game management was terrible. Could be a long season for the Falcons.

I only caught the first half. Matt Ryan looked rough. And there was a lot of air on those deep sideline passes. Could bode well for us if our guys can get their heads around.

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've got the depth to finally do it. At least at DT.

I just want to see the Bucs pass rush work in unison better.  Last year, one guy would get a good rush, but the other 3 get stuck on the line.  I think they 'll move Curry inside on nickel.

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I just want to see the Bucs pass rush work in unison better.  Last year, one guy would get a good rush, but the other 3 get stuck on the line.  I think they 'll move Curry inside on nickel.

There was an article last year (PR, I think) that was an interview with Sapp. He said the biggest thing when rushing the QB is that the dline has to work as a unit. We have guys running to each other all the time, which kills any shot at the QB. Sapp said they used to talk and figure out what they were gonna do each snap instead of trying to have four different rushers doing whatever they wanted.

We need some of that. Hopefully Buckner has insisted on and coached some of that chemistry into the line. We'll find out Sunday.

Archived