5,000 or Bust '18

Klomp

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Bold strategy cotton

Yes and no....playing a HORRIBLE pass defense, and just traded their starting RB this week. He's hit 295 in 2 of his 3 starts, plus 200 in the game he entered at halftime. Not great for fantasy football due to TD/INT, but a few of us are hopeful he can get 295 this week.

I know this was a tough week for me to pick, as most of the juicy matchups are for meh QBs. Taking Mayfield was a risk I personally was willing to take.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 6:20 AM, HitStickAllDay said:

Week 1: Dalton 243

Week 2: Jimmy Garappolo 206

Week 3: Ryan Fitzmagic 411

Week 4: Joe Flacco 363

Week 5: Matt Ryan 285

Week 6: Andy Dalton

Week 7: Looks like I have to take, gulp, Eli Manning. 

Edit: I just realized that I took Dalton in both week 1 and week 6. This likely negates last week’s yards. 

Edited by HitStickAllDay
I am not smart

3 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Edit: I just realized that I took Dalton in both week 1 and week 6. This likely negates last week’s yards. 

Oh no, that's unfortunate. Too bad we didn't catch that last week.

I feel bad, because I probably should pay closer attention too. What we could do (if others are okay with it), is institute a rule where if this happens to someone, is to give them the lowest yardage from a starter (who you haven't previously picked) that week. It still sets someone back, but it's not a 0.

In this case, you would get Josh Allen's 84 yards from Week 6 if I get a few who are okay with going this route.

Edited by Klomp
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Bold strategy cotton

I know he didn't have a great game, but Mayfield did still outperform Goff and Dalton, two of the guys who were up near the most-picked of the week. Pretty poor week overall. Mahomes (x5), Winston, Wentz were the only guys picked to hit the 295 mark. Only two other QBs picked had more yards than Mayfield.