Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Sansa taking credit for the win, when it was her fault they were out numbered to begin with. Her and cersei are the type of people who think having a Title somehow makes them invicable. They can just say what they want and no harm will ever be done to them, even tho they could never defend themselves.

Yeah, Sansa's arc in the show has disappointed me. Once she fell back into the trappings of power, she has been very dismissive to people just like when she was an innocent girl. Being gruff and dismissing people who are trying to give you advice (Brienne) just because you can isn't how you improve your ideas and way of thinking. You'd think after all she suffered she'd be a little more patient and open with her underlings.

WE8OlSL.jpg

38 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I too am really hoping for a truly GOT esque finale. We need to see some deaths, something unexpected, something that makes GOT GOT.

This season has been entertaining, but its not the same show as the first 4-5 seasons. Its more traditional, more characters with plot armor, more prone to the plot holes and blatant teleporting that bog down good TV. The production is still there, and its been good, but not early GOT good. The rush to conclude is a palpable feeling at this point.

Be unique if all that was planned and built on purpose the entire season. Just to bring everyones downfall in the end.

Those steps leading down in the dragon arena where they meet. We know caches of wildfire are kept all over the city. Id give anything for LF, former master of coin and brothel owner in KL that seemingly knows every inch of the place. To have the cache set off during the meeting. Or Euron to do something insane on his own behalf.

Im a major Davos fan. But fan favs gotta go sometime. Even if it means him and others there. Give them a massive raging budget to play with next season too. Wolves, dragons and Wun Wuns everywhere. lol

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Alright somebody sell me one way or the other on this show. I have watched about 2.5 seasons of GoT and I've enjoyed it a little, but am not in love. Should I commit to catching up on it? I'm not really into anything sci-fi, medieval or anything, but figured I'd give this a shot since it's so popular.

I find the episodes to be long without a ton of progress as they follow upwards of 5 storylines at a time. I also had to google to even understand wtf is going on and who is who after taking in quite a few episodes.

Just now, bigjohnson2009 said:

Alright somebody sell me one way or the other on this show. I have watched about 2.5 seasons of GoT and I've enjoyed it a little, but am not in love. Should I commit to catching up on it? I'm not really into anything sci-fi, medieval or anything, but figured I'd give this a shot since it's so popular.

I find the episodes to be long without a ton of progress as they follow upwards of 5 storylines at a time. I also had to google to even understand wtf is going on and who is who after taking in quite a few episodes.

If you're not into after the first season it's highly unlikely you'll enjoy it. I wouldn't waste your time, it's probably not your thing if it needs to be sold to you. It's definitely a complex series and isn't great for casual viewing.

13 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Davos seems wholly pointless at this point. Don't really understand how Stannis lost and Jon just adopts him like a puppy.

Davos was by Jons side. Ready to die with the other Night Watch guys for him. Davos is the reason hes back alive, he brought Melisandre over and made her do her magic. And was the last man with hope left in the room when they thought all hope was lost for Jon to return.

And Davos was there through all the scenes of Jon and Stannis. Knows he was the hand, and kept trying to talk sense to Stannis. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt want someone like that beside him. Then took him along to Dragonstone. Cause who else out the room could he have taken? He couldnt take any of the Lords. Davos was odd man out in that situation.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Davos was by Jons side. Ready to die with the other Night Watch guys for him. Davos is the reason hes back alive, he brought Melisandre over and made her do her magic. And was the last man with hope left in the room when they thought all hope was lost for Jon to return.

And Davos was there through all the scenes of Jon and Stannis. Knows he was the hand, and kept trying to talk sense to Stannis. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt want someone like that beside him. Then took him along to Dragonstone. Cause who else out the room could he have taken? He couldnt take any of the Lords. Davos was odd man out in that situation.

I guess you're right.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I guess you're right.

Youre right on a part too. I dont know what there is for him moving forward now that hes brought Gendry back and Jon in unison with Dany as a force now. Seems like all thats left is for him is to be a standby character to them. And sprinkle a little advice just to get a couple lines in here and there.

31 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He gives good advice and is a master smuggler. Might smuggle a dragon into the meeting.

Things start turning south at the meeting, so Davos opens up his coat and Drogon comes flying out and, on Davos' command (finally revealing himself as Rhaegar), burns Cersei alive. 

Calling it now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yankee0724 said:

Things start turning south at the meeting, so Davos opens up his coat and Drogon comes flying out and, on Davos' command (finally revealing himself as Rhaegar), burns Cersei alive. 

Calling it now. 

Better theory than Tyrion being a Targaryen tbh. 

Idk, I just found the last episode to be really weak. I haven't read much of this thread (maybe 20 pages total) so I could just be reiterating the general consensus, but there was just so much wrong with it. I kind of want to rant about this whole season, but I'll just stick to this episode for now.

SubA) Just thought of this one and don't feel like changing all the letters: Why didn't they ride horses north of the wall? It'd be way faster and make way more sense. Your plan right now is to kidnap a wight out of the massive horde and then just run for your life with him? Get a bunch of horses and you can easily outrun the Walkers then. Not nearly as much of a thoughtless suicide mission.

A) Why did they have Gendry run in one direction and they ran in the other? Why not all just run in the same direction? Gendry is the fastest and gets a good head start, so he'd be far in front of them and not at risk of dying. They didn't know the lake was there to save them, so why were they running over there? That's not the direction to East Watch. If they thought they'd have a chance at outrunning them, they then they'd obviously choose to run in the correct direction. Makes no sense.

B) The idea of the ice collapsing on the lake just in time seemed a little dumb to me. I mean I guess there were so many wights running across it they couldn't hold the weight, but it seemed like a forced way to save them. I would have much preferred if the hound took that hammer and started swinging it to intentionally break the ice as opposed to dumb luck. Also, they were all just standing there in a circle and the Night King clearly has spears with dead-eye accuracy. Why didn't he throw the spears at them? Or even rocks or something lol.

C) They should have continued to break the ice surrounding them with the hammer instead of letting it freeze over leaving them vulnerable. They had days to think about and do this. Really dumb and not believable that they didn't.

D) The whole Gendry running to the wall, sending a Raven hundreds of miles south and then Dany coming up there all before they freeze to death thing is dumb. It's beaten to death though, so I'll let it go in this post.

E) Why was Jon Snow being a hero fighting off wights 30 yards from the dragon (and advancing further as he was fighting them)? Me knit-picking here, but the best place to defend the dragon is right next to it. I have no idea why he was so far away other than to create the plot point of forcing to leave him behind.

F) Why did the Knight King throw his spear at he Dragon that was 300 yards away and flying across the sky? There's a stationary dragon literally right there with 7 other enemies on it as well and nobody looking. Instead he chooses to show off and take one down that's in the sky lol?

G) Deus Ex Machina with Uncle Benji (for the second time, btw) was dumb as hell. Where did he come from? Was he just watching this whole time? WHY DIDNT HE GO ON THE HORSE WITH JON??? There's easily two seats, so I don't see why not. On top of that, what if the horse doesn't go back to the wall? What if Jon passes out (he did) and falls off? Clearly you need to be there Uncle Benji to make sure things go smoothly. He wasn't, though. Looked like they just wanted to die up a loose-end and save on budget so they killed him.

H) Clearly Jon would have been dead after falling into a freezing lake and then riding for presumably hours back to Castle Black.

Overall just a pretty Hollywood style episode to me. Really losing what made Game Of Thrones so great, which was believable outcomes and ideas in a fantasy world. No cheating. If a character is in a situation where they're supposed to die, they die.

Hoping this last episode really delivers.

Edited by McNabbs Beef
  • Like 3