Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

29 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah...I don't know how to tell you this...but there is zero chance the book series gets finished, at least not by Martin. He's 68 years old and isn't exactly a beacon of healthy living. He's also stated publicly that he never wants anyone else writing about the universe...although he admits that once he dies it's not up to him anymore. 

He probably has the books/a book finished but HBO is making him wait for the show to be done to release the book. Wouldn't surprise me if HBO had something like that in place to protect the show. We'll probably never know why he took 7+ years to release the next book.

I think the initial Jon Targaryen reveal will be kinda lackluster. Arya or Sansa will end up making a comment about their "brother" Jon while Bran is around. Bran will be like "Jon...? he's not your brother" and it'll go from there. Seeing everyones reaction will hopefully be great, though. The whole idea that their father really was honorable, and never cheated. The idea that Jon is not and has never been a bastard. If only Lady Stoneheart was around to hear this.

Edited by McNabbs Beef

16 hours ago, OleXmad said:

He probably has the books/a book finished but HBO is making him wait for the show to be done to release the book. Wouldn't surprise me if HBO had something like that in place to protect the show. We'll probably never know why he took 7+ years to release the next book.

Already made the theory. He's pulling a Rowling and is just enjoying the money and success. I doubt he actually cares anymore. 

This guy has the nerve to compare Hairspray to Joffery Baratheon? He's far more deviant and sociopathic then Joffery or Ramsey Bolton. Eff him.

16 hours ago, OleXmad said:

If this was the case, you’d think there would be source material for them to work off of. This season, while I have no issues, is largely a delineation from past seasons and feels like it’s because they’re working from points instead of a full source. 

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

If this was the case, you’d think there would be source material for them to work off of. This season, while I have no issues, is largely a delineation from past seasons and feels like it’s because they’re working from points instead of a full source. 

Maybe they prevented him from releasing the books because the show wanted to deviate too far from what GRRM had written. 

I remember GRRM said somewhere he had decided to do something that he had been contemplating story wise that the show could no longer do.

How reverse-troll would it be if GRRM was to release not only Winds of Winter, but also A Dream of Spring (or whatever it's called) at the same time once GoT is over? 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Maybe they prevented him from releasing the books because the show wanted to deviate too far from what GRRM had written. 

I remember GRRM said somewhere he had decided to do something that he had been contemplating story wise that the show could no longer do.

How reverse-troll would it be if GRRM was to release not only Winds of Winter, but also A Dream of Spring (or whatever it's called) at the same time once GoT is over? 

They have completely abandoned storylines from the books and meshed characters and created entirely new ones. If Lady Stoneheart can be completely removed from the story, they don’t have a lot they can do that wouldn’t work with alterations between the two media.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:39 PM, seminoles1 said:

My friend said he heard an interview with Martin that said he has a few co-writers that he respects that he has given strict outlines for how he sees the last 2 books going (much more detail than he gave the show runners) in case he does pass away before he finishes.  Can anyone corroborate that?  I can't find anything except for 2 people who helped him write the "A Song of Ice and Fire" encyclopedia.

That's the exact opposite of what I've heard. Everything ive heard from him is that he won't allow anyone else to finish it. He's pretty adamantly opposed to authors piggy backing works. Doesn't even like fan fiction. 

“I don’t think my wife, if she survives me, will allow that [others writing in Westeros] either. But one thing that history has shown us is eventually these literary rights pass to grandchildren or collateral descendents, or people who didn’t actually know the writer and don’t care about his wishes. It’s just a cash cow to them. And then we get abominations to my mind like Scarlett, the Gone with the Wind sequel.”

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's the exact opposite of what I've heard. Everything ive heard from him is that he won't allow anyone else to finish it. He's pretty adamantly opposed to authors piggy backing works. Doesn't even like fan fiction. 

“I don’t think my wife, if she survives me, will allow that [others writing in Westeros] either. But one thing that history has shown us is eventually these literary rights pass to grandchildren or collateral descendents, or people who didn’t actually know the writer and don’t care about his wishes. It’s just a cash cow to them. And then we get abominations to my mind like Scarlett, the Gone with the Wind sequel.”

Then he needs to finish the series and stop being a little beotch. 

• Like 1