Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Viserion / NK kills Rhaegal, Drogon kills Viersion, but is possibly mortally wounded. I'm torn on whether or not I think any of the dragons survive. I can't see it both of them making it, so Rhaegal seems like a lock to die over Drogon...but torn on Drogon. 

i can see a dragon sacrificing itself to save Jon Snow/Sand/Targ.

22 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Would you be able to find these instances by chance? I wasn't able to find much aside from descriptions such as him being tall and beautiful or tall and handsome.

I also found this at the GOT wikia here

Nothing about being bigger as in bulkier, just taller.

Been looking and looking, I cannot find it where they said it. First place I thought it was said was at the house of the Undying. Then was looking through Whitebeard dialogue and then Connington's. And a few other places where Rhaegar was specifically talked about. I for the life of me cannot find it. 

Ok tall and handsome. Even if he was somewhat slimmer then some of the bigger more bulky fighters in the series. It's still safe to assume this guy had some muscle on him considering how well he was able to fight. Considering a full plate set was probably around 50 pounds or so, a long sword weighing in around 5 pounds. Also keep in mind this is GOT where everything is bigger and better. Most of your best fighters are over 6-2. Anyone fighting in something like that, has to be on the fit side.

But he was not slender. Not even Loras was described in that way, and Jaimie already said to him that he was bigger, faster and stronger.

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

You have to think for mankind to be a truly peaceful society something like a dragon can't exist. 

Firstmen didn't have dragons. Still waged war on the Children and eachother. Then came the Andals and the same thing happened. Dragon's aren't needed for wars.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It'd be like only one country in the world having nukes.  They are the power and that's it.  I think no dragons survive, Dany dies, Jon Snow rules as King Aegon Targaryan VI and is miserable being a great king.

I actually thinks Jon is the one who dies killing Bran in the process. Arya dies defending Jon. Sansa I think survives. Dany rules the 7 Kingdoms. H/e I say again, if they come up with some BS about introducing democracy into Westeros, its gonna ruin it for me.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd like to think that happens (I don't think that the show would address it, but if I were imagining what happened after the show ended), but then I remember that Dany is trying to "break the wheel". Isn't doing things like that just sort of putting the wheel right back in place? I don't know. 

If it was Martin-esque type story. The Baratheon line ends. Dany or Jon dies, most of the best characters dies. The world is basically another version of Fallout with a bitter sweet victory but Euron in everyone's struggle up north, takes the Iron Throne for himself. Thus giving the good guys one more war to wage before peace can come back.

Hollywood type story. Gendry is named Gendry Baratheon new head of Storm's End, everyone survives the battle with the White Walkers. Jon talks the NK back into Bran Stark who was him all along. Everyone who was dead, comes back alive. Everyone realizes peace is the best option and they all hug eachother. Epilogue- A world peace contract with Dany declaring everyone is equal and there will be equal rights all around, everyone cheers, hug eachother again. Then drive off in electric cars.

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Been looking and looking, I cannot find it where they said it. First place I thought it was said was at the house of the Undying. Then was looking through Whitebeard dialogue and then Connington's. And a few other places where Rhaegar was specifically talked about. I for the life of me cannot find it. 

Ok tall and handsome. Even if he was somewhat slimmer then some of the bigger more bulky fighters in the series. It's still safe to assume this guy had some muscle on him considering how well he was able to fight. Considering a full plate set was probably around 50 pounds or so, a long sword weighing in around 5 pounds. Also keep in mind this is GOT where everything is bigger and better. Most of your best fighters are over 6-2. Anyone fighting in something like that, has to be on the fit side.

But he was not slender. Not even Loras was described in that way, and Jaimie already said to him that he was bigger, faster and stronger.

One can be fit and lean and still be strong. Also, it's not as if Wilf Scolding (the actor that played Rhaegar) is without muscle. The shirt they had on him would cover muscles pretty easily on a lot of people.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

One can be fit and lean and still be strong. Also, it's not as if Wilf Scolding (the actor that played Rhaegar) is without muscle. The shirt they had on him would cover muscles pretty easily on a lot of people.

Sure, but the way some made it sound. Is that he could have been Kenshin Himura with no muscles.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Sure, but the way some made it sound. Is that he could have been Kenshin Himura with no muscles.

All my point was at any point was that anyone that expected Rhaegar to be bigger than portrayed was kidding themselves and imagining what they wanted to see instead of how he was described.

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Firstmen didn't have dragons. Still waged war on the Children and eachother. Then came the Andals and the same thing happened. Dragon's aren't needed for wars.

That's faulty logic to what he said. He said if there are dragons there cannot be a peaceful society. That doesn't mean that the absence of dragons automatically means it will be peaceful. Only that that is the only way it is even possible and has a chance.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

All my point was at any point was that anyone that expected Rhaegar to be bigger than portrayed was kidding themselves and imagining what they wanted to see instead of how he was described.

Like I said, I was expecting a Hugh Jackman type build to him.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

That's faulty logic to what he said. He said if there are dragons there cannot be a peaceful society. That doesn't mean that the absence of dragons automatically means it will be peaceful. Only that that is the only way it is even possible and has a chance.

And I am saying it's not possible to have a peaceful society, with or without dragons. One that is entirely peaceful, has no borders, no class system, no nothing that divide in anyway. 

And by that logic, might as well throw away all weapons as well. Since technically that's all the dragon is used for is just being another weapon.