Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

35 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Truuuu but he did say it's bits and pieces, so he could kind of just pluck random info about each person, doesn't mean he can specifically "warp" to the Red Keep in present time to see what's up. But like many things in GoT it's best not to think to hard about it.

They also OP'd for the show. From what I remember from the books. They could only see what the weirwoods could see I thought. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Rewatching some of season 1. I dont think the Hound killed the butchers boy. When Ned passed Hound, and the boy was laid across his horse dead. Ned said, "The butchers boy, you ran him down." Hound says, "He ran. Not very fast." 2 guards that had been with Hound in the background. That kid would of already been being held till matters were sorted, he wouldnt of been able to run having wounded a prince. I think it will unfold in some way, be it Bran or Hound confesses. That he tried to let him run, but he was slow and the guards caught up to him. Maybe Hound only finished him off so he couldnt speak that he tried to let him run.

I'm pretty sure he admitted it. Not sure that he did in the show, can't remember, but in the books he confesses to it at one point, I believe when he's captured by Beric. Not sure that there would be any reason to change that on the show. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure he admitted it. Not sure that he did in the show, can't remember, but in the books he confesses to it at one point, I believe when he's captured by Beric. Not sure that there would be any reason to change that on the show. 

Well, Jaime doesn't really clarify his kingslayer nickname to many people either to be fair, but it would be a bad decision to find out that the Hound didn't actually run him down.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

Well, Jaime doesn't really clarify his kingslayer nickname to many people either to be fair, but it would be a bad decision to find out that the Hound didn't actually run him down.

I'm not following you there. Jaime doesn't clarify his reasoning to people, but he still did it, and people still know that. Not sure how the situations are comparable. The hound not running down Micah would be more similar to Jaime not killing the mad king but still taking the blame 

^ unless what you're saying is something similar to him not giving a crap because he feels that people have already passed their judgment on him and he's like, "well, who cares if there's one more body on my count that makes people continue to feel that way about me"

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

^ unless what you're saying is something similar to him not giving a crap because he feels that people have already passed their judgment on him and he's like, "well, who cares if there's one more body on my count that makes people continue to feel that way about me"

That's kind of my point. Jaime just kind of accepts the insult because people have their feelings about him and the Hound would be doing the same. There is no reason for him to necessarily fight the claim because he can't make anyone believe him and he doesn't really care anyways.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

That's kind of my point. Jaime just kind of accepts the insult because people have their feelings about him and the Hound would be doing the same. There is no reason for him to necessarily fight the claim because he can't make anyone believe him and he doesn't really care anyways.

That I could see happening for sure. But I think that we are both on the same page that regardless, there's no reason to retcon him into a better person than he is and it would be a mistake if we found out he didn't kill Micah. Part of the appeal of Jaime, and the Hound, and really the story as a whole is that there's a whole lot of gray. Good people do bad things, bad people do good things, and a there's always a place for redemption overall. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I get the feeling tyrion is gonna betray Dany in last season to protect Jaimie. Or his child if Cersei really is pregnant. Some scenario will come up where he is placed in a position where he thinks Dany will react irrationally and execute Jaimie and thus ensuring his survival at the cost of his own life. 

Or that's what I think would happen if Martin was writing the script. Theyll both probably survive next season. 

I originally thought this too, but Jamie has just left Cersei, that completely changes his stance in the story. (and likely in the eyes of Dany and Jon) so if Tyrion turns on Dany, it wont be for jamie any longer

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Tyrion is just worried that he will be usurped as the Queen's top advisor.  Anyone but him being the most prominent voice in her ear is bad news in Tyrion's view.

If Jon and Dany married (remember from Tyrions current viewpoint) it would be unlikely Jon would be her hand? 

I feel like we will never know the reason for that exact scene without the director or someone stepping in and saying what it is. I feel like it would be too early for a "betrayal". While he may very well betray Dany at some point, I don't think that it can be in his mind right now. He's a believer in her and he believes that she is the best hope for a new world. So I don't see that. Largely, I think it's just him taking in the situation and processing it and considering how it affects everything.